D6 Online 3.0

[D6 Space] Power in the 'Verse IC - Persephone & Ariel

Jimmy responds to Jessup, "Thanks fir yor valuable contribution, chief."

Then Jimmy turns to rest of crew, making eye contact with everyone except Jessup as he speaks, "I like the idea of a trauma surgeon where we're goin' cause it's not like the only ones in need o' doctorin' will be the Reavers. They're not gonna volunteer willingly, so the trauma is likely gonna be on us. I think we've got a little time before martial law is declared. If we can try to contact Chen an' arrange a meetin' soon, then Emmett can meet 'im, while I stay back in a hidin' place and watch for traps. First sign o' trouble, I start snipin' and cover Emmett to get him out of there. Sneakin' around is my specialty. If we can make sure it ain't a trap and get Chen quick, then I say let's try it. I'll be happy to go scout out a good meetin' place not too far from here."

Captain Kaltan nods at Jimmy "that sounds like a good idea. Sooner or later we are going to need a doctor on board. So its probably better that we get one sooner then later"

• Replies 821
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Madison looks at Jessup "No, we aren't a charity. However, my word is important to me and I always keep my word" she looks in the direction of the old man "Besides, we are going to be making plenty of money. The cost of shipping our passenger just went up with all of the trouble he has drawn to us. He can stay onboard, but the normal going price just went up for him"

"As you like." Spaulding says, "To Mister Jessup's statement, how much would you be willing to sell the ship for? I'll return it to you once this task is done; you could use the money to purchase the ship from your creditors, as I have no need of it beyond that point. However I do need your cooperation to reach the goal I have in mind, possibly toppling the evil regime of the Alliance, and perhaps it would be easier for you to accept were you in my formal employ; an Owner Aboard relationship, as it were. How much?"

"As you like." Spaulding says, "To Mister Jessup's statement, how much would you be willing to sell the ship for? I'll return it to you once this task is done; you could use the money to purchase the ship from your creditors, as I have no need of it beyond that point. However I do need your cooperation to reach the goal I have in mind, possibly toppling the evil regime of the Alliance, and perhaps it would be easier for you to accept were you in my formal employ; an Owner Aboard relationship, as it were. How much?"

"First there is no debt on the ship," Captan Kaltan says in a very calm voice "Secondly, the Blackbird is not for sale"

"First there is no debt on the ship," Captan Kaltan says in a very calm voice "Secondly, the Blackbird is not for sale"

"Truly? How interesting. Then what about your cooperation, Captain Kaltan? Might that be for sale? Or while we are here on Ariel, perhaps I should research another ship, possibly one in which the innate greed of the Captain has not so thoroughly overwhelmed the innate good in them. You bicker over a pittance, the cost of a crate of rifles, while the Alliance and Blue Sun tighten the stranglehold on the truth. People that have some portion of the truth are being murdered as we speak so that the 'official' version of events will reign unchallenged. I'll pay for the rifles, if you're so concerned about charity. I'll buy another damn case of rifles for that man's family on Deadwood. I'll pay your inflated passage, without complaint. But I must have your cooperation."

Madison looks at Jessup "No, we aren't a charity. However, my word is important to me and I always keep my word" she looks in the direction of the old man "Besides, we are going to be making plenty of money. The cost of shipping our passenger just went up with all of the trouble he has drawn to us. He can stay onboard, but the normal going price just went up for him"

Jessup watches the exchange go back and forth between Kaltan, Spaulding, and Tao for a few moments, before looking to Kagome with clear frustration. "This make any sense ta you?"

He turns back to Captain Kaltan.

"They didn't keep their gorram word ta us. They ordered rifles, we picked up up from Shadow and flew 'em to Hera. Then it turns out that they got enough to put a deposit on them guns, but not enough ta pay for 'em. So you gonna deliver to 'em even if they stealin' food right outta our mouths? An' how ain't that charity, exactly? Why you so all-fired set on deliverin' them rifles and takin' the loss? What'd you promise them sodbusters, anyways? A client's a client. I don't see as how they deserve free rifles, an' we get stuck payin' out for 'em. Where's the percentage in that?"

Jessup pushes away from the table, still seated. "I mean, let's do some math here. Crate is worth forty five hunnered Platinum. Sodbusters put their twenny percent down ta get 'em shipped, rest cash on delivery. So for nine hunnered Platinum we gonna give 'em forty five hunnered worth o' firearms, and eat th' other thirty six hunnered? They pay for ten an' get forty rifles free? An' that don't even pay fer our freight charges, fuel an' salary, neither. Word gets out o' that an' we're finished."

Spaulding shakes his head. "We're still talking about the rifles."

"It would seem that failure to pay does eliminate obligation to deliver"

"If we are selling them to the Sergeant's family, could he provide us with proper documents for them? That would give us a very legal reason to go to Deadwood"

Captain Kaltan shakes her head "Ok, lets see what the Sergeant is willing to pay and we can go from there."

Emmett leans close to Doc and whispers, "this seems like a matter fer the crew. Just so's ya know, I'm with ya all the way, Doc. What kin ya tell me about this Chen feller? Would he be able ta help us with the Reavers?"

Spaulding replies quietly "I do truly appreciate that, Mister Stapp. Theodore Chen was a medic during the war, he served with my son. After the war, their commanding officer, Captain Bennett, got us in touch and I gave him a job in my lab. After a short time, he decided that he wanted to pursue a career in medicine, and I aided his placement in a well-regarded MedAcad. I think whether we or the Reavers come out the worse for our confrontations that he'll be very valuable."

Jimmy says, "Aye, captain. Maybe you could take charge o' the ship, Dr. Spaulding and the deal wit' the sarge, while Kagome an' me help Emmett pick up Dr. Chen. Doc, I'll need that handy lil' security scanner back if ya please."

Spaulding reaches into his pocket and produces the earpiece. He hands it to Jimmy. "We should get the others from the case. We'll need them."

"How will Dr. Chen know we are friendly?"

Spaulding ponders the question for a moment. He looks at Kagome, then Jimmy and Emmett. "Tell him you were referred to him by his friend Mike. Tell him that Mike is looking forward to seeing him again, but that you've got some things you need to see to before then. He'll understand."

Spaulding ponders the question for a moment. He looks at Kagome, then Jimmy and Emmett. "Tell him you were referred to him by his friend Mike. Tell him that Mike is looking forward to seeing him again, but that you've got some things you need to see to before then. He'll understand."

Jimmy says, "OK, sounds good. But first, how ar' we gonna contact Chen and set up a meetin' without givin' us away if it's a trap. Can we send him a replay wave, text only, from 'Mike' with that code language?"

Jimmy says, "OK, sounds good. But first, how ar' we gonna contact Chen and set up a meetin' without givin' us away if it's a trap. Can we send him a replay wave, text only, from 'Mike' with that code language?"

"Well, Dr. Chen don't know me... if I go an' send him a coded wave, that there might jus' be a good start. Perhaps I got his name as a feller who kin recommend a robot doc for Ole Ironleg?"

Jimmy says, "Aye, captain. Maybe you could take charge o' the ship, Dr. Spaulding and the deal wit' the sarge, while Kagome an' me help Emmett pick up Dr. Chen. Doc, I'll need that handy lil' security scanner back if ya please."

Madison nods "yes, that is a good idea. Be careful out there, things dont sound too good with the rioting and whatnot. The faster you get back the sooner we can get off this godforsaken planet"

((Local Time is 3:47 P.M. It's been about two hours since landing, and about forty minutes since the Boarding Party departed. Jimmy, if you listen to your earpiece once Spaulding returns it to you, the local channels are abuzz with information and tactical information concerning the riots.))

Madison nods "yes, that is a good idea. Be careful out there, things dont sound too good with the rioting and whatnot. The faster you get back the sooner we can get off this godforsaken planet"

"Well, Dr. Chen don't know me... if I go an' send him a coded wave, that there might jus' be a good start. Perhaps I got his name as a feller who kin recommend a robot doc for Ole Ironleg?"

"That's an excellent idea, Mister Stapp."

((Local Time is 3:47 P.M. It's been about two hours since landing, and about forty minutes since the Boarding Party departed. Jimmy, if you listen to your earpiece once Spaulding returns it to you, the local channels are abuzz with information and tactical information concerning the riots.))

[sure, Jimmy will listen in on the carnage while Emmett is contacting Chen.]

((You can tell by the chaos on the encrypted military waves that the riot is not yet under control. There is talk of contacting the municipal government to declare a curfew at sunset.

You can also gather that the non-lethal loadout that Stillman's Lieutenant made reference to include Nauseators, a sonic device causing a disruption of the equilibrium and inducing severe vomiting, Pain Beams, a vehicle mounted device that utilizes microwave radiation to "cook" the surface layers of skin, including nerve endings (you've heard that it feels very much like being set on fire), Stuncheons, a 24" baton with an integral capacitor which discharges on impact, and the ubiquitous Sonic Rifles used by Federal Troops for non-lethal takedown (feels like getting hit with a baseball bat in the hands of someone that knows how to use one).

That said, the riot areas might be places to avoid... the microwaves from a Pain Beam might damage Emmett's cybernetic leg, depending on the quality of manufacture, to the point he might really need a tune-up. Or a replacement.))

"Ok, Doc, what's this here code word I need ta work in my 'wave to Doc Chen? I'm gonna conjure a tale about a tune up. And of course, I'll be needin' his contact info." Emmett heads up to the comm station.

Spaulding rises to his feet, seemingly in some pain. "I'm not accustomed to so much physical derring-do as I've done today, I fear..."

He follows Emmett to the comm station. "Tell him that you were referred to him by his friend Michael from the town of New Haverhill, here on Ariel. It's where Michael was born... where I was born. If anyone plans to go there to investigate, it'll buy us time. It's on the other side of Ariel from here. Tell him Michael apologizes that he hasn't called lately, or something to that effect. Theodore will understand."

"Ok, Doc, what's this here code word I need ta work in my 'wave to Doc Chen? I'm gonna conjure a tale about a tune up. And of course, I'll be needin' his contact info." Emmett heads up to the comm station.

Spaulding rises to his feet, seemingly in some pain. "I'm not accustomed to so much physical derring-do as I've done today, I fear..."

He follows Emmett to the comm station. "Tell him that you were referred to him by his friend Michael from the town of New Haverhill, here on Ariel. It's where Michael was born... where I was born. If anyone plans to go there to investigate, it'll buy us time. It's on the other side of Ariel from here. Tell him Michael apologizes that he hasn't called lately, or something to that effect. Theodore will understand."

Jimmy adds, "If Chen agrees to a meetin', tell 'im that with the current state o' unrest on the planet, you'll get back to him with a good meetin' place an' time, but it'll have ta be soon as possible. That'll give me a chance ta go scout somethin' out."