D6 Online 3.0

[IC] Precinct 13 - Monster Squad - First Day on the Job

Pivnick tries hard to keep his eyebrows from flying too high at Pansy's chittering. Turning his attention back to the job, he addresses Cole's question. The Count is a wily one, but we managed to dig up some info on what I think is our perp. Count says the name was...."

Pivnick quickly flips open his notebook. "Melantha. Hangs with the Death Heads, probably up north in 2 or 3, with Perez."

He snaps the notebook shut again. "For what it's worth, the Count also made it a point tell us that 'Melantha' means 'dark flower'."

Pivnick shruggs.

What about you -- gleam anything worthwhile in there?

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cole checks his watch. "I might have a lead, but I still need to follow up. I'm going to go check on my lead here in a bit. Do me a favor and keep on eye on the place. If you see that big fella, Viktor, come out, let me know on the radio. I'm heading to the alley behind this place to meet up with a possible lead. I'll be back in a bit."

With that, Cole is going to move around towards the alley in the back. Before heading in, he'll check to make sure Pivnick and Kitner are keeping an eye out. Then, moving into the alley, his hand resting on the butt of his revolver, he'll start cautiously making his way forward, looking for Bryce or anyone else that might be back here.

Once Kitner and Pivnick are setup to watch the alley, Cole heads in. The alley is typically dirty and bits of trash litter the ground. Several dumpsters are lined up against the wall. Standing next to one of them is Bryce Harper smoking a cigarette. He nods seeing Cole approaching. "Hi, Officer. Yeah I wanted to tell you about Melantha, that's the Medusa's name. She bought a drug off me, Night's Shadow, it's a rare plant that flowers only at midnight. Some... of them use it to get high, but it has another use, it can be ground up and boiled with coffee to form a powerful poison. I don't think she was planning to get high, didn't seem the type."

Cole nods. "I'm not gonna ask where you got Night's Shadow. We'll call it a 'pass' for the info. If you happen across anything else pertaining to her, keep it in mind. We're gonna be around in these parts searching for her, and if your info turns up anything I can put in a good word for ya if you get picked up again. Otherwise, try to stay clean and stay out of trouble, Bryce. Now get out of here while the coast is still clear."

Cole will keep an eye out around him while he makes his way back out, making sure that Bryce is also out of the alley and away. Then he will make his way back to where Pivnick and Kitner are.

Pivnick fiddles with his hip pouches (not a fanny pack!) a bit, not wanting to get the excitable Kitner riled up to the point of distracting either of them from playing lookout during Cole's meeting.

When he sees Cole returning from the alley so quickly he raises his hands and shoulders in an exaggerated fashion as if to say That's it? All done?

When Cole is close enough to initiate conversation, Pivnick says "That was fast. Did you get what you were after?"

Cole will keep an eye out around him while he makes his way back out, making sure that Bryce is also out of the alley and away. Then he will make his way back to where Pivnick and Kitner are.

Bryce heads down the alley, out the other end and turns the corner.

Cole seems to ignore Pivnick. "Kitner, you have your own vehicle or are we your transportation?"

Then he looks to Pivnick. "Just something. I'll let you know more when we get going. So I guess we're on our way up 2nd district to poke around the Death Heads? Let's radio this in and get going."

Cole motions for the other two to get into the squad car. "C'mon," he says as he moves around and gets into the driver's seat.

Once everyone is inside, he starts the vehicle and starts driving out of Monster Town and towards District 2. As he drives, he explains, "The only thing I was able to learn was that our medusa perp has purchased a natural ingredient called Night's Shadow. It a drug of sorts, mostly, but if it's prepared a certain way it can be made into a pretty potent poison. I don't think she bought it to get high, so we're likely looking at a multi-stage plot. How the bank robbery ties in with poison, I don't know, but something tells me there's more to this than just a bank robbery.

"Did the Count mention anything else besides this perps general hangout?"

District 2 is a run down section of the city consisting of low rent housing, warehouse and docks. The streets are dirty and the locals generally stay off the streets even during the day. Members of the Death Heads gang can be seen on street corners selling drugs blatantly.

"Did the Count mention anything else besides this perps general hangout?"

Pivnick snaps out of his distraction; he had been poking and tapping on his fancy gadget phone since they sad down. "Huh? Oh yea, he dropped the name Alberto Perez, which isn't too much of a surprise considering the location. And he mentioned that 'dark flower' thing..."

Pivnick trails off and then snaps his fingers and adds "...which makes a bit of sense now that we add that to your back alley info. I'm guessing that Night Shadow and this 'dark flower' are one-in-the-same. Maybe that's this freak's M.O.? I mean, it couldn't hurt to cross-reference some case files; anything dealing with the side effects of this Night Shadow ingredient."

He looks over to Cole and then to Kitner. "Right?"

Cole nods at Pivnick's information. At least one of them was paying attention when they talked to the Count, he thinks to himself.

Cole grabs the handset for the radio and calls in the information. "This is Papa One Three to dispatch. This is Cole relaying message to Precinct 13. Information leads from Monster Town to District 2. Investigating leads to Alberto Perez of the Death Heads. Robbery suspect rumored to have purchased ingredients to create poison. Will establish contact in two hours with further information. Cole out."

With that, he tosses the handset back down and pulls the patrol car over a short distance away from a couple of Death Head members who were foolish enough to continue to sell their illegal materials in broad daylight in front of the police. He puts it in park, but doesn't turn off the engine yet.

Keeping his eyes on the gang members, he talks to the other two in the car with him. "Either of you any good at subduing an attacker?"

Pivnick cracks his knuckles and replies, "Better than most but not as good as some." He chuckles sheeplishly. "Anyway; only one way to find out. You've got point -- I'm right behind you."

His hand rests on the door handle, waiting to open it whenever Cole opens his.

Cole still watches the gang members, seeing if they are giving any indication of either fear or loathing directed towards the squad car. While he watches he says, "You qualified and confident with the pistol, Kitner?"

Then he casts a glance over at Pivnick. "If you need to, use your nightstick. If they break out any firearms, take 'em down but try to leave them alive....less paperwork that way."

In a quick motion, Cole shuts off the engine to the car and opens the door. "Kitner, you're the back up if anything bad happens. Otherwise stay close to the vehicle."

He gets out of the vehicle and starts moving the short distance between the car and the gang members. If they bolt, he'll be right after them. If they stand their ground, he'll just approach them to talk.