Jump to content
D6 Online 3.0

[IC] Precinct 13 - Monster Squad - First Day on the Job


Recommended Posts

Cole gives a wry smile at Bryce, but keeps his voice low. "Mighty kind of you, Bryce, but no. What I am here for is anything you might have heard about the recent robbery by one of the ..... denizens of this part of town. I'm sure you've heard about it. I don't suppose you know where we might start looking for recently wealthy medusa?"

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cole gives a wry smile at Bryce, but keeps his voice low. "Mighty kind of you, Bryce, but no. What I am here for is anything you might have heard about the recent robbery by one of the ..... denizens of this part of town. I'm sure you've heard about it. I don't suppose you know where we might start looking for recently wealthy medusa?"

 

"I might know something about it," he looks around and says, "but I can't tell you about it here. Meet me in the alley behind here in ten minutes?"

Link to post
Share on other sites

Pansy blinks a bit. "Uh, because my performance reviews are based on clearing crimes through arrests? Its part of the jobs objective function? So information leads to arrests which leads to good performance reviews. At least I think it works that way, sometimes though it seems they are based off of random draws from the Urn of Nature"

Link to post
Share on other sites
Pansy blinks a bit. "Uh, because my performance reviews are based on clearing crimes through arrests? Its part of the jobs objective function? So information leads to arrests which leads to good performance reviews. At least I think it works that way, sometimes though it seems they are based off of random draws from the Urn of Nature"

 

The Count laughs with an almost musical laugh and says, "Yes, but that does not say why I should share with you? What do I get out of it?"

Link to post
Share on other sites
"I might know something about it," he looks around and says, "but I can't tell you about it here. Meet me in the alley behind here in ten minutes?"

 

"Ten minutes? Bryce...what do you take me for? That's more than enough time for you to slip away. What say I take you out of here on suspicion of distributing and we can discuss it on the way to the station? Or you can give me the information quick and quiet like and I'll be out of here with no recollection of seeing you in this part of town, if you know what I mean. Which will it be?" Cole says leaning closer to Bryce and levelling a glare at the man.

Link to post
Share on other sites
"Hmmm . . . . I'm not . . . ah! Civic pride?"

 

Pivnick leans in close to The Count and adds, in a stage whisper, "Sure, civic pride! Well, that, and...maybe we turn a blind eye to bevvy of zoning, health code, and OSHA violations I can see from this spot alone. For example, section 7 of sub-bylaw 14 for Empire municipality clearly states disinfectant of 14% acidity in conjunction with a tri-filtered diluent is required for service surfaces in contact by patrons and customers at 30 minute intervals, minimum 4 in qualifying establishments with 6 or more operating hours per day. Shall we test that rag of yours? I'm sure we can find more while we wait..."

 

(Rolling Legalease - 4d6+2 = 18)

Link to post
Share on other sites
"Hmmm . . . . I'm not . . . ah! Civic pride?"

 

Pivnick leans in close to The Count and adds, in a stage whisper, "Sure, civic pride! Well, that, and...maybe we turn a blind eye to bevvy of zoning, health code, and OSHA violations I can see from this spot alone. For example, section 7 of sub-bylaw 14 for Empire municipality clearly states disinfectant of 14% acidity in conjunction with a tri-filtered diluent is required for service surfaces in contact by patrons and customers at 30 minute intervals, minimum 4 in qualifying establishments with 6 or more operating hours per day. Shall we test that rag of yours? I'm sure we can find more while we wait..."

 

(Rolling Legalease - 4d6+2 = 18)

 

"Okay, okay Officers I don't want any trouble. From what I've heard Melantha, the particular Medusa you are looking for, has been spending time with the Death Heads leader Alberto Perez." He pauses and says, "Melantha means the dark flower." He grins.

Link to post
Share on other sites
"Ten minutes? Bryce...what do you take me for? That's more than enough time for you to slip away. What say I take you out of here on suspicion of distributing and we can discuss it on the way to the station? Or you can give me the information quick and quiet like and I'll be out of here with no recollection of seeing you in this part of town, if you know what I mean. Which will it be?" Cole says leaning closer to Bryce and levelling a glare at the man.

 

He says with a whisper, "I want to help, but I don't want anyone to see me helping you. As it is, we've been talking too long and I may be in trouble."

Link to post
Share on other sites

Cole breathes a sigh and glares at the man. "You don't show...I'll find you."

With that, he turns away and looks over at the other two at the bar to see if everything is still alright. Seeing that they're still talking to the Count, Cole looks around at the other scattered patrons, seeing if any of them seemed intent on not making eye contact, as though they had been watching but now were pretending they weren't. (Investigation roll = 17 http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3060134/

Link to post
Share on other sites
Cole breathes a sigh and glares at the man. "You don't show...I'll find you."

With that, he turns away and looks over at the other two at the bar to see if everything is still alright. Seeing that they're still talking to the Count, Cole looks around at the other scattered patrons, seeing if any of them seemed intent on not making eye contact, as though they had been watching but now were pretending they weren't. (Investigation roll = 17 http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3060134/

 

Bryce sits there finishing off his drink before heading out. Most of the handful of patrons in the bar have been starring at their drinks since the cops have some in. However one, a large, muscular man dressed in a nice suit has been watching Cole the entire time. No one knows what he is, but he's not human because he's been found killed a number of times by the authorities before getting up suddenly while in the morgue. His name is Viktor Kudrin. He smiles at Cole.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Cole thinks to himself, Viktor Kudrin...he's baiting me. Though if you're found 'dead' more than once, you're in the line of work where that sort of thing is a common occurence. Alright, I'll see your hand, Viktor.

 

Turning towards Viktor, Cole starts moving towards the man-thing. When he's still a few steps away, Cole will speak up loud enough Viktor can hear him. "Awful chummy today, aren't you Viktor? Got something you want to say?"

 

Cole will stand there, about 6 feet or so away, and rest his hands on his belt on either side...his left hand very near his revolver in case it was needed.

Link to post
Share on other sites

"Dark flower, huh? Fantastic. Things just get more and more ominous every minute, don't they. Alright, Count, we're going to look into this tip of yours and let's hope it checks out. Now where did Cole run off to?"

 

Pivnick sees Cole approaching a mountain of a man, and doing so a bit too casually for Pivnick's liking.

 

"...speaking of ominous. Check this out." Pivnick nudges Pansy and gestures toward Cole and the veritable goliath across the the bar. "You recognize that ogre?"

Link to post
Share on other sites
Cole thinks to himself, Viktor Kudrin...he's baiting me. Though if you're found 'dead' more than once, you're in the line of work where that sort of thing is a common occurence. Alright, I'll see your hand, Viktor.

 

Turning towards Viktor, Cole starts moving towards the man-thing. When he's still a few steps away, Cole will speak up loud enough Viktor can hear him. "Awful chummy today, aren't you Viktor? Got something you want to say?"

 

Cole will stand there, about 6 feet or so away, and rest his hands on his belt on either side...his left hand very near his revolver in case it was needed.

 

Viktor chuckles and says, "Why I am just watching the local constabulary at work. It is always entertaining to see."

Link to post
Share on other sites
Viktor chuckles and says, "Why I am just watching the local constabulary at work. It is always entertaining to see."

 

"Riiight. Keep your nose clean, Viktor. Don't want to see you temporarily back in the morgue. You have a good rest of the day," says Cole. Still watching Viktor, Cole begins to back away until he's a good ten feet or more then he will turn to go find Pivnick and Kitner.

Link to post
Share on other sites
((What do I need to roll for recognition? Also, Occult on Ogres, what do I know about ogres? Occult 6d6 =26, http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3060774/ ))

 

"Ooh, ogre?" Pansy turns to look as Pivnick directs

 

Pansy knows Ogres are a type of faeries that exist in a near earth dimension and sometimes come over. Ogres appear nearly human, are extremely strong and tough. However like all Faeries the only way to kill them is with cold iron. They will seem dead by other means, but will always revive. It's entirely possible the man Cole is speaking with is an Ogre.

 

[OOC: I'll admit I had something else in mind, but the idea of making him an Ogre appealed to me. :D ]

 

"Riiight. Keep your nose clean, Viktor. Don't want to see you temporarily back in the morgue. You have a good rest of the day," says Cole. Still watching Viktor, Cole begins to back away until he's a good ten feet or more then he will turn to go find Pivnick and Kitner.

 

Pivnick and Kitner are still standing near the bar watching as Cole approaches.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Pivnick thrusts his jaw up to indicate the beast in a suit watching Cole walk away. When Cole is close enough to hear him speak, he says "Something tells me that you and that...thing...have a story that I need to hear. To whom...or to what...were you just speaking?"

Link to post
Share on other sites

"You said he was an ogre. Ogres are a type of fae originating from a near earth dimension that occasionally come over here to the prime material. They have extreme levels of strength and toughness, yet appear nearly human. Or at least as human as any other steroid enhanced specimen born out of Aphrodite's grace. Of course being fae they can only be killed by cold iron. Any other method and while they will appear dead, they will revive later."

Link to post
Share on other sites

Cole looked perplexed by the rambling that Pansy was doing. Shaking his head as if to clear the cobwebs of confusion away, he answered Pivnick, "Just a lug that intermittantly winds up in the morgue, only to walk out the next day. You two get any information? If so, let's step outside to discuss it."

 

He motions for the two of them to follow and begins to make his way towards the door, casting a glance over towards Viktor one last time.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Once outside, Cole looks up at the sun and gives little grin, and then moves around the building to where the squad car is parked. "Alright, I've got a meeting in a couple minutes, so tell me what you learned?"

Link to post
Share on other sites

×
×
  • Create New...