Jump to content
D6 Online 3.0

IC - Into the Depths


Recommended Posts

Drake and Swilja make their way through the ship, and find several of the others in fair enough shape, a successful application of a medpac does the trick for all, save Zip. The crash landing, coupled with the burns he'd received earlier, appear to have him down and out at the moment. He looks to have a concussion, and possibly some broken ribs.

 

Looking outside, he sees that the ship must have come down on a planet in some type of storm. A raging wind, and a torrent of rain obscure the view beyond a few feet outside.

 

Bu'cha assists the others in the cockpit, binding minor scrapes, and doing whatever he can to help.

 

Tomin begins assessing the damage to the ship, and frowns.

 

"Captain, I managed to get the struts down before we crashed, so the boarding ramp is clear, and I think damage to the belly will be minimum, but according to the computer, the hyperive, and the backup are toast. The impulse engines are fried too, and to cap it all, the navicomputer is busted. I don't know where in the Maw we are. When we popped back into real space, I saw nothing but water in front of me. I managed to steer us toward a small island, and - well - here we are."

 

Drake doesn't panic, though he's worried, and he tries to show confidence because his crew depended on him.....

 

"Tomin run an analysis on the atmosphere outside see if it's something we can breathe and if that rain isn't toxic acid or some such, check the frequecies for comm-traffic, remember to look on old-style wave come frequencies too... Swilja and I will check and see how bad the hyper and sublight engines are first... we might be able to jury-rig a solution."

 

"After your done with your scans tomin, see how bad of the navicomputer is and if it can be made functional enough to get us outa here..."

 

"B'ucha activate GiGi (OOC: The G7 Med droid they have) to tend to Zip in the aid station, you may need need to assist GiGi in taking care of him....."

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tomin responds, "Aye captain. The air looks fresh outside, fresher than most any other planet I've ever been on, in fact. Doesn't appear to be any pollutants whatsoever. Rain is pure too. And unless the comm system took a hit, there are no signals of any kind floating around here. Of course, it could be something to do with the storm. I'll keep checking."

 

Bu'cha activates the droid, and it begins zipping around to all injured parties, and analyzing their wounds, before setting to work on Zip. It gives an initial report that his wounds will take some time to heal, as much of the damage is internal.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Tomin responds, "Aye captain. The air looks fresh outside, fresher than most any other planet I've ever been on, in fact. Doesn't appear to be any pollutants whatsoever. Rain is pure too. And unless the comm system took a hit, there are no signals of any kind floating around here. Of course, it could be something to do with the storm. I'll keep checking."

 

Bu'cha activates the droid, and it begins zipping around to all injured parties, and analyzing their wounds, before setting to work on Zip. It gives an initial report that his wounds will take some time to heal, as much of the damage is internal.

 

"Alright Mr. Tomin, carry on.... He goes to the back, grabs a tool kit, and assists swilja as she attempts to work her magic on the engines...."

 

(Roll Space Transports Repair for Drake and Swilja Please)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Bu'cha perks up at the thought of the fresh air outside. The enclosed walls of the ship, the smoke and oppressive technology have been quite enough. "I'm going to take a look around."

 

The young Socorran's bare feet slap against the deckplates at a quick pace as he moves to the boarding ramp. It takes him a moment to find the control panel and press the right button to open the hatch and lower the ramp.

 

The fresh air hits Bu'cha square in the face and he inhales deeply. "Ahhh, much better."

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Captain Blunt is already looking over the damaged systems when Drake and Swilja arrive. He's shaking his head in dismay.

 

"It doesn't look good your Highness. I'm not certain of all of the systems, but it does look like the primary power relay shunts are blown on the main, and backup hyperdrives. I did a quick check of inventory, and we're fresh out of them."

 

Swilja takes a look at both systems, and confirms Blunt's report with a nod and grimace.

 

"Unless this planet has a space port, or at the very least a junk yard, we're going nowhere fast. From a glance, it looks like every power coupling will have to be gone over, and many replaced, as well. Even if we do find the parts we need, we're likely to be here for at least a week."

 

A gust of wind whooshes into the engine room from the cargo bay.

 

Bu'cha takes another deep breathe, but stops short as a heavy spear-like object slams into the sandy ground at the foot of the ramp. Looking out through the driving rain, he sees several humanoid shapes looking back at him. He can't tell if they are human, or some other species, but they appear to be no more than a meter or so in height.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Captain Blunt is already looking over the damaged systems when Drake and Swilja arrive. He's shaking his head in dismay.

 

"It doesn't look good your Highness. I'm not certain of all of the systems, but it does look like the primary power relay shunts are blown on the main, and backup hyperdrives. I did a quick check of inventory, and we're fresh out of them."

 

Swilja takes a look at both systems, and confirms Blunt's report with a nod and grimace.

 

"Unless this planet has a space port, or at the very least a junk yard, we're going nowhere fast. From a glance, it looks like every power coupling will have to be gone over, and many replaced, as well. Even if we do find the parts we need, we're likely to be here for at least a week."

 

A gust of wind whooshes into the engine room from the cargo bay.

 

Bu'cha takes another deep breathe, but stops short as a heavy spear-like object slams into the sandy ground at the foot of the ramp. Looking out through the driving rain, he sees several humanoid shapes looking back at him. He can't tell if they are human, or some other species, but they appear to be no more than a meter or so in height.

 

Drake goes to check and see what is going on with the gust of wind, bringing blunt and swilja along, noticing the spear juting from the ground and the one meter tall humanoids he stops and makes no sudden movements and tells the others not to do so.

 

(OOC: Roll alien species and cultures for me Jam as drake is tring to figue out how to procede, and identify the aliens. sorry for the late post... it's busy down here..)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

"I think we've invaded their territory, there, Captain. Although, it couldn't be helped." Bu'cha creeps down to the end of the ramp on guard for more incoming spears. He looks up at the steady rain coming down. The damp and musty scent fills his nostrils. I'll don't think I'll get used to so much water.

 

Bu'cha gets to the bottom of the ramp, his hands open and outstretched in a manner of peaceful welcoming.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Drake squints through the sheet of rain, trying to get a good look at the welcoming party. The only thing he is able to make out is their height, and that they appear to be quite broad in the shoulders. He does note that one of the creatures seems somewhat larger than the rest, possibly denoting it as the leader, or at the very least, the champion of the group.

 

Bu'cha reaches the bottom of the ramp, and sees the heavy spear is deeply embedded in the sandy soil. The shaft of the weapon looks to be made of some sort of porous, stone-like substance. He looks up at the beings, and can see that there are at least a dozen or so of them glaring back at him. Even at this vantage point, he cannot make out any other features. So far, it appears that his actions are keeping them calm.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

"They remind me of the more savage tribesmen on my homeworld. It is unfortunate that we've had to trespass in their space." Bu'cha turns to Drake. "Do we have anything onboard we could offer as a gift or tribute to them? In the meantime, I'll try to calm their fears."

 

The young Socorran takes one of the hurled spears from the ground and examines it. He holds it high above his head gesturing to show that he has it in hand. He points directly at the leader/champion of the group and then takes a knee holding the spear out in front of him offering to return it to its owner, peacefully.

 

((For fun, here's a Cultures roll 3D+1; 2, 1, 3 +1 = 7))

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
"They remind me of the more savage tribesmen on my homeworld. It is unfortunate that we've had to trespass in their space." Bu'cha turns to Drake. "Do we have anything onboard we could offer as a gift or tribute to them? In the meantime, I'll try to calm their fears."

 

The young Socorran takes one of the hurled spears from the ground and examines it. He holds it high above his head gesturing to show that he has it in hand. He points directly at the leader/champion of the group and then takes a knee holding the spear out in front of him offering to return it to its owner, peacefully.

 

((For fun, here's a Cultures roll 3D+1; 2, 1, 3 +1 = 7))

 

Drake goes to look for a suitable tribute to guive the locals.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

 Share


×
×
  • Create New...