D6 Online 3.0

IC - Into the Depths

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Drake hammers frantically at the navicomputer. He feels good about the calculations, so he returns to the controls to reach the jump coordinates.

Devan rotates the cannon, tracking one of the TIEs as best he can. As he squeezes the firing stud, one of the TIEs seems to fly directly into his line of fire at the last second. The blast strikes the TIE full on, and the little fighter goes spiraling off in the direction it was headed with tentacles of electricity racing all over its hull.

(Devan's Starship Weapons Roll=15; 6 on the Wild Die; total=20)

Blunt grips the controls and twists the cannon toward another incoming fighter. He tracks it as best he can, and then squeezes the trigger. The TIE twists away just as his blast passes through its previous flight path.

Tomin attempts to track one of the TIEs with the missile launchers, but they are too far behind the Nomad for the system to get a lock. (Their firing arc is Forward only.)

Kra'nix skitters into Bu'cha's lap, chittering away in an attempt to calm him down.

Drake hammers frantically at the navicomputer. He feels good about the calculations, so he returns to the controls to reach the jump coordinates.

Devan rotates the cannon, tracking one of the TIEs as best he can. As he squeezes the firing stud, one of the TIEs seems to fly directly into his line of fire at the last second. The blast strikes the TIE full on, and the little fighter goes spiraling off in the direction it was headed with tentacles of electricity racing all over its hull.

(Devan's Starship Weapons Roll=15; 6 on the Wild Die; total=20)

Blunt grips the controls and twists the cannon toward another incoming fighter. He tracks it as best he can, and then squeezes the trigger. The TIE twists away just as his blast passes through its previous flight path.

Tomin attempts to track one of the TIEs with the missile launchers, but they are too far behind the Nomad for the system to get a lock. (Their firing arc is Forward only.)

Kra'nix skitters into Bu'cha's lap, chittering away in an attempt to calm him down.

Feeling good about the calculations he hits the controls and tries to put more distance between the planet and the Nomad to reach the jump coordinates maneuvering to make the TIES shot at his ship more difficult, and increasing speed as much as the engines can safely take.

(OOC: Roll Space Transports and use CPs as needed Jam.)

Bu'cha pets Kra'nix fur attempting to calm the beast down. "I know you don't like space travel, little one. ...neither do I." The dark-skinned native warily watches as the sand dragon's tail wraps around his arm. Kra'nix hisses and rattles his tail as blaster fire dances around the starship.

The Nomad twists, jukes, and slides as Drake concentrates on nothing more than getting to the jump coordinates. The remaining TIEs pursuing attempt to close the gap and attack the fleeing vessel. Their cannons lance out, but connect with empty space as the Nomad quickly begins to put some distance between itself and its pursuers. Out of firing range, Devan and Blunt track the TIEs with their cannons, but hold their fire until something gets close enough.

(Drake's Piloting rolls for distance and maneuvering=22, 17; rolled a 1 on the maneuvering roll, Complication.)

The TIEs increase their thrust and try to close the gap once again, but Drake's expert piloting keeps the Nomad well ahead of the enemy. The Nomad reaches the jump coordinates, and Tomin actuates the hyperdrive controls. The Nomad shudders hard, but leaps into hyperspace without any noticeable problems, though a warning light flickering on the control panel indicates that one of the primary maneuvering jets on the starboard stabilizer is malfunctioning (-1d to Maneuverability until repaired.)

The Nomad twists, jukes, and slides as Drake concentrates on nothing more than getting to the jump coordinates. The remaining TIEs pursuing attempt to close the gap and attack the fleeing vessel. Their cannons lance out, but connect with empty space as the Nomad quickly begins to put some distance between itself and its pursuers. Out of firing range, Devan and Blunt track the TIEs with their cannons, but hold their fire until something gets close enough.

(Drake's Piloting rolls for distance and maneuvering=22, 17; rolled a 1 on the maneuvering roll, Complication.)

The TIEs increase their thrust and try to close the gap once again, but Drake's expert piloting keeps the Nomad well ahead of the enemy. The Nomad reaches the jump coordinates, and Tomin actuates the hyperdrive controls. The Nomad shudders hard, but leaps into hyperspace without any noticeable problems, though a warning light flickering on the control panel indicates that one of the primary maneuvering jets on the starboard stabilizer is malfunctioning (-1d to Maneuverability until repaired.)

Drake Relaxes some once in hyperspace, but needs to work off some tension, and decides to reward Swilja ahead of time for saving his and the rest of the crew's lives....... and for the work she has to do on the starboard stabilizer... He gets up and passionately kisses her..... He says:

"Tomlin Take over, you have the con......" He smiles a sly smile then Says to Swilja:

"Chief Engineer Secura-morne, I really want to see you in our quarters........ now"

"Tomin, tell every one not to disturb us unless something happens or we get where we are going"

He then goes and Makes love to his beloved wife (use your imaginations on what goes on there in his quarters:D)

Blunt winks at Drake as he passes him and Swilja in the main corridor outside the bridge. Ducking his head under the doorway, he slips into the seat next to Tomin.

"That was a bit hectic for a bit there, you can't beat the tranquility of a jump after things get a little intense"

Glancing down at the panel, he notices a flashing red light and bashes the panel. When it fails to go out, he pipes up again "Hey Tomin, what's that red light mean?"

Glancing down at the panel, he notices a flashing red light and bashes the panel. When it fails to go out, he pipes up again "Hey Tomin, what's that red light mean?"

Tomin replies over the comm, "Uhhh, one of the primary maneuvering jets on the starboard stabilizer is malfunctioning. Nothing major."

Zip will motor back towards the engineering section of the ship and poke around at the manuevering thrusters and see what he can manage while the ship is in transit to come up with a better diagnosis and repair if possible.

*repair roll = 16, 6 on wild die, 2 on second roll, all included in the 16*

OOC: Back once again, thanks for NPCing Devan for me GM.

Devan flops back into the turrets seat once he sees they've made the jump to hyperspace. Things had gotten a little too hairy there forhis liking, but he was glad he had been of some use to the ship. Once he's a bit more relaxed, Devan unstraps and exits the turret and heads to the lounge area to find a seat.

Blunt looks again at the flashing light and a quick flash of apprehension crosses his face, but is quickly replaced by his usual blank expression. "OK, I'll be in my Cabin, I think I could do with some shuteye". He heads back to his bunk and tries to get some sleep, as he feels that he may need to be well rested for the days ahead.

• 4 months later...

Zip sets to work on the maneuvering thrusters and finds that it will be a simple fix. He removes a blown-out coupler, and replaces it with a shiny new one. Once it is in place, he runs a diagnostic to be sure all is well.

As the test is running, a warning begins flashing on the computer screen. Zip turns to the comm system, but before he can get a word out, an explosion rocks the ship.

Tomin grabs the control panel to keep himself from falling out of his seat. He sees the swirl of hyperspace revert back to individual points of light through the canopy. Glancing at the controls, he sees that the hyperdrive has overloaded, and shorted out the sublights in the process.

Hitting the comm, he calls to Drake, "Captain, hyperdrive is down. Took out the sublights too. I can't get them back online."

Blunt stumbles out of his cabin and heads for the engine room. He finds Zip laying up against the wall near the comm system. He looks groggy, but doesn't appear to be seriously injured. The hyperdrive is on fire, so he grabs an extinguisher from the rack and begins putting it out.

Devan rushes back to the engine room as well. He grabs another extinguisher and assists Blunt with the fire. Once it is contained, he slaps the comm panel.

"Hey, the engines were on fire back here. Me and Blunt got it put out, but it's a real mess back here."

Bu'cha and Kra'nix were buffeted a bit when the ship dropped out of hyperspace, but were unharmed. The dragon curls its tail securely around Bu'cha's arm to maintain its perch in case the ship begins shaking once again.

Gilea had just disassembled her blaster, and was in the process of cleaning the barrel when the explosion happened. She managed to prevent all the parts from hitting the floor, and quickly reassemble her weapon before hearing the call from Devan.

Bu'cha and Kra'nix were buffeted a bit when the ship dropped out of hyperspace, but were unharmed. The dragon curls its tail securely around Bu'cha's arm to maintain its perch in case the ship begins shaking once again.

Bu'cha pats the little dragon on the head. "I don't blame you, little one. The sooner we reach solid ground, the better." He looks around the cockpit at all the flashing lights and wonders what they all mean. Whatever it is, it can't be good.

As everyone begins to settle down, the hyperdrive suddenly begins to whine. Sparks begin flying throughout the engine compartment. The Nomad suddenly lurches forward.

Tomin screams over the comm, "WHAT'S GOING ON BACK THERE? WE'RE JUMPING!"

Everyone feels another lurch as the hyperdrive flickers, and another, and another. A sudden surge in the sublights causes everyone who isn't strapped into a seat to tumble toward the aft section of the ship.

Again, Tomin screams, "WHERE'D THAT COME FROM?!?"

Everyone begins feeling the pull of gravity as the ship begins going nose downward. After a violent, shaking ride, the Nomad levels out somewhat, and goes into a teeth-jarring crash landing. The bulkheads, and deck plates groan, and whine as the Nomad skids across the surface of whatever planet she's come down upon. Finally, the ship comes to an abrupt halt.

Tomin's voice comes across the comm, "We're down. It wasn't pretty, but we're down. Is everyone okay back there?"

(OOC-Everyone who wasn't strapped in currently has one wound. Everyone else is stunned.)

Drake checks on his wife, Swilja, after the rough landing where they were tossed around like toys, grabbing the medpac off his belt, to treat her, Preppared to drag her from the wreckage if an explosion is imenent, while fighting through his own pain and wounds..

"Swilja!!!! Are you alright!!!!"

(Roll first aid for me Jam)

Swilja's wounds are not severe, but she is in pain nonetheless.

"I'm certain that others may be in more need than me, my love."

Drake applies the medpac, and he sees that the sedatives and medicines are working as the pain seems to melt away from his wife's face almost instantly.

(OOC-First Aid roll=7)

Swilja's wounds are not severe, but she is in pain nonetheless.

"I'm certain that others may be in more need than me, my love."

Drake applies the medpac, and he sees that the sedatives and medicines are working as the pain seems to melt away from his wife's face almost instantly.

(OOC-First Aid roll=7)

Drake smiles sweetly and winks

"I'm not married to nor had children with them though, my sweet..... lets go check on the others now..."

Drake tends to the others as needed using the ships medical store as needed, but tries to consearve as much of it as possible.... once that is done, he looks out the veiw ports to see what sort of world they are on.

(Roll first aid as needed, Jam)

"Unnnnhhhh. when I said, the sooner we reach the ground, the better... that's not exactly what I had in mind." Bu'cha unstraps from his seat and stands up. A bit whoozy from the crash, he looks over the other individuals in the cockpit. Before administering any first aid, he politely asks if he may touch them first.

Drake and Swilja make their way through the ship, and find several of the others in fair enough shape, a successful application of a medpac does the trick for all, save Zip. The crash landing, coupled with the burns he'd received earlier, appear to have him down and out at the moment. He looks to have a concussion, and possibly some broken ribs.

Looking outside, he sees that the ship must have come down on a planet in some type of storm. A raging wind, and a torrent of rain obscure the view beyond a few feet outside.

Bu'cha assists the others in the cockpit, binding minor scrapes, and doing whatever he can to help.

Tomin begins assessing the damage to the ship, and frowns.

"Captain, I managed to get the struts down before we crashed, so the boarding ramp is clear, and I think damage to the belly will be minimum, but according to the computer, the hyperive, and the backup are toast. The impulse engines are fried too, and to cap it all, the navicomputer is busted. I don't know where in the Maw we are. When we popped back into real space, I saw nothing but water in front of me. I managed to steer us toward a small island, and - well - here we are."