Jump to content
D6 Online 3.0

IC - Into the Depths


Recommended Posts

Blunt has a look to see if their is an exposed gunner on the transport, if there is he'll attempt a shot on the driver with his blaster rifle. If the transport is buttoned up, he'll join Bu'cha in attempting to supress the stormtroopers as much as possible and find some cover.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

(OOC-I'd say either Drake, or his bodyguard Blunt would be keeping up with the datacard. No roll needed for the climb, and I'm not too concerned with the shimmying down the trees. Search=18, 6 on the Wild Die=4 for a total roll of 22.)

 

Drake hits the ground and sees the rest of the crew ducking behind trees, and the occasional boulder. A quick scan of the area reveals a washed out strip with an overhanging bluff line that should give everyone good cover from the coming aerial bombardment.

 

The Colonel blares out over the loudspeaker, "Your time is up rebel scum! OPEN FIRE!"

 

A thunderous round of blaster fire lights up the front side of the outpost as the transport's cannon, and all of the stormtroopers, open fire at once. The front of the outpost is soon ablaze, and the blaster fire slows a bit as the troopers realize that no one is returning fire.

 

Nearing the shack, Blunt hears the unmistakable thrum of the Nomad's repulsors closing in on their position. He realizes that the aerial attack has yet to commence. Still, he sees that the troopers look quite determined to stand their ground, even after noticing the incoming vessel. He also sees the repeater on the transport pivoting away from the outpost to take aim on the Nomad, and a pair of troopers clamber back into the troop compartment.

 

Drake thinks ~"Something's not right, those stormies should be running for cover"~ and gets on the com and says..

 

"Swilja, Somethings not right here...... Change of plans, come over to the the the bluff where we are, hover, open the main hatch so we can get on board, and while we're doing it cover us with the Nomad's Weapons...."

Link to comment
Share on other sites

As Drake begins his message, Swilja cuts loose with one of the Nomad's concussion missiles. It strikes the outpost dead center, and the entire facility goes up in a ball of fire and shrapnel. The explosion causes those of the crew that moved forward to duck instinctively, and chunks of debris take down five of the twenty or so troopers out in front. The transport is buffeted back a few meters by the shock wave, and its shots go wide.

 

Bu'cha peers out from behind an especially large tree he'd taken cover behind, and sees the stormtroopers are scrabbling for cover themselves. They fall back into the treeline about 200 yards away from him and the others, and take up the best positions they can find. His shots cause many of them to proceed at a very cautious pace as they go.

 

Gilea recovers and takes a gander toward the scattering troopers. She doesn't see the Colonel in the turret any longer, but she does see that one of the troopers appears to be directing the others. (Search=18)

 

Blunt looks up from cover, and sees the pair of troopers that had climbed back into the transport exiting again, each carrying what appears to be a shoulder fired missile launching system. Probably leftovers from the Clone Wars. He doesn't see any exposed troopers, or the Colonel on the transport. They are snuggled safely inside for the moment. He lines up a shot on the first trooper to level his launcher, and squeezes the trigger. The blast catches the trooper right between the eyes, sending him tumbling backwards, his launcher sprawling out of his grasp and into the underbrush.

 

Zip gets to a clearing approximately 60 meters from the fissure where everyone had taken cover. He reaches out with the Force for any signs of immediate danger. While he senses nothing aside from the troopers and their transport near the bombed out outpost, he feels that a more serious threat is rapidly approaching.

 

Over Drake's comlink, Swilja answers, "Sorry love! I was in the process of firing when you made your change of mind. On my way!"

 

The Nomad grumbles its way toward the bluff and spins around to face the transport and the troopers. The pair of fire-linked laser cannons begin raining fire down on the Imperials, driving many of them further back into the forest.

 

Swilja calls again, "Ooh, trouble Drake! I'm picking up a flight of TIEs heading this way, and fast! What do I do?"

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest bave

Zip says over the comlink, "While something may be wrong here, it is certainly going to get worse, I believe it would be in our best interest to leave".

 

He then heads towards the Nomad, looking to get on board asap.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

As Drake begins his message, Swilja cuts loose with one of the Nomad's concussion missiles. It strikes the outpost dead center, and the entire facility goes up in a ball of fire and shrapnel. The explosion causes those of the crew that moved forward to duck instinctively, and chunks of debris take down five of the twenty or so troopers out in front. The transport is buffeted back a few meters by the shock wave, and its shots go wide.

 

Bu'cha peers out from behind an especially large tree he'd taken cover behind, and sees the stormtroopers are scrabbling for cover themselves. They fall back into the treeline about 200 yards away from him and the others, and take up the best positions they can find. His shots cause many of them to proceed at a very cautious pace as they go.

 

Gilea recovers and takes a gander toward the scattering troopers. She doesn't see the Colonel in the turret any longer, but she does see that one of the troopers appears to be directing the others. (Search=18)

 

Blunt looks up from cover, and sees the pair of troopers that had climbed back into the transport exiting again, each carrying what appears to be a shoulder fired missile launching system. Probably leftovers from the Clone Wars. He doesn't see any exposed troopers, or the Colonel on the transport. They are snuggled safely inside for the moment. He lines up a shot on the first trooper to level his launcher, and squeezes the trigger. The blast catches the trooper right between the eyes, sending him tumbling backwards, his launcher sprawling out of his grasp and into the underbrush.

 

Zip gets to a clearing approximately 60 meters from the fissure where everyone had taken cover. He reaches out with the Force for any signs of immediate danger. While he senses nothing aside from the troopers and their transport near the bombed out outpost, he feels that a more serious threat is rapidly approaching.

 

Over Drake's comlink, Swilja answers, "Sorry love! I was in the process of firing when you made your change of mind. On my way!"

 

The Nomad grumbles its way toward the bluff and spins around to face the transport and the troopers. The pair of fire-linked laser cannons begin raining fire down on the Imperials, driving many of them further back into the forest.

 

Swilja calls again, "Ooh, trouble Drake! I'm picking up a flight of TIEs heading this way, and fast! What do I do?"

 

"My love, just hver close to the ground and open the hatch so we can get on board! and keep shooting at those imps while doing it!'

 

Drake makes sure everbody is aboad, the get aboard himself... once aboard he ushers tomlin to the cockpit and lets him fly and coordinates with him to fly the Nomad the hell out of Dodge, once at the controls he gets on the intercom and says..

 

"We need a couple of people on those ion cannons, NOW! We've got TIEs comming in!"

 

Drake then then Goes over his systems to Identify the type of Ties....

 

~"All we need is a flight of Tie Defenders to jump us"~

 

 

Roll Space Tranports and Sensors for me Jam.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Gilea sights in on the stormtrooper and fires, her shot strikes the trooper in the left chest plate. He stumbles backward for several steps before falling behind a fallen log.

 

Three of the stormtroopers take notice of Gilea's position and begin training their fire on her. Three blasts throw up dirt and tree bark all around her, but her cover holds.

 

The ramp comes down, and Swilja opens up with the laser cannons once again. Three more troopers are thrown for a loop as the trees they were behind are mowed down like so much grass. The transport attempts to fire back with its repeater, but the blasts have minimal effect on the hull of the Nomad.

 

(OOC-I'll wait for the others to post before making any other rolls for actions. Don't want to leave anyone out of the fun!)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Blunt will fall back towards the transport and try to supress the troopers targetting Gilea on the way as best he can. If he's close enough and it's safe enough to gather any of the fallen troopers equipment he'll do it, but his main focus is on falling back to the transport and covering Gilea and the others.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Devan runs for the transport, and gets on board. Hearing Drake's shout he makes for one of the ion cannons and slips into the gunnery chair. Powering it up, he anxiously waits for the others to get on board, not wanting to leave anyone behind.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The transport continues to maneuver to avoid Swilja's cannon fire. The crew of the Nomad make their way back to the ramp of the ship, trading fire with a handful of troopers as they go with neither side doing any damage to the other. The distinct scream of TIE fighter engines can be heard above the roar of cannon, and blaster fire.

 

At Drake's suggestion, Tomin clambers aboard and rushes to the cockpit. Devan slips into the port ion cannon turret. His scopes flicker to life, and he sees a pair of blips closing on the Nomad, fast.

 

Once everyone is aboard, Drake rushes to the cockpit and takes Swilja's seat. A warning begins wailing on the sensors, and a quick look indicates that a missile has locked onto the Nomad's engines.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The transport continues to maneuver to avoid Swilja's cannon fire. The crew of the Nomad make their way back to the ramp of the ship, trading fire with a handful of troopers as they go with neither side doing any damage to the other. The distinct scream of TIE fighter engines can be heard above the roar of cannon, and blaster fire.

 

At Drake's suggestion, Tomin clambers aboard and rushes to the cockpit. Devan slips into the port ion cannon turret. His scopes flicker to life, and he sees a pair of blips closing on the Nomad, fast.

 

Once everyone is aboard, Drake rushes to the cockpit and takes Swilja's seat. A warning begins wailing on the sensors, and a quick look indicates that a missile has locked onto the Nomad's engines.

 

Drake quickly notices the missile lock, and punches the throtle, activating the shields (to cover the engines) and quickly attempting to mananuver out of the way and makes for the stratosphere and space, increasing the engines to maximum power.

 

"Somebody get on that other gun turret, Stang it!....... hold togeather baby..." Drake says to his trusty ship...

 

Roll space Tranports both to Manuver out of the missile's path, and increase speed, Using Force OR CPs as nessessary, Jam.

Edited by Falcon79
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Drake kicks in the repulsors as he raises the shields. The Nomad twists into the air, and Drake and Tomin can see the missile racing toward them on the port side. Drake jerks the controls, and the Nomad rolls to one side. The missile whooshes passed the Nomad, and explodes approximately 200 meters in front of them.

 

Devan sees one of the TIEs as it closes on the Nomad, and sights it in with his cannon. He presses the firing stud when he feels it is time. Unfortunately, the TIE's maneuvering renders his blast ineffective.

 

Tomin checks the sensors, and discovers that they're being followed by a pair of TIE Bombers. The Nomad should be able to easily outrun them.

 

(Drake's Piloting Rolls=13, 15 [rolled 1 on the Wild Die, Complication] :))

Drake's Shields Roll=8+2 for CP for a total of 10 [Rolled 1 on the Wild Die, Complication]:excite:)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Bu'cha looks a bit queasy with the deckplates moving under his feet. He makes hsi way to his bunk and slips off his sandals. Amidst the blaster fire and the whine of the engines is the patter of bare feet on metal as Bu'cha makes his way to the cockpit. "Oh, I'll never get used to this... spirits grant me firm ground beneath my feet."

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Gritting his teeth, Blunt closed his eyes briefly as the vessel lurched under his feet. He never had been a fan of space travel. Hitting the intercom briefly he shouts to the bridge "Hey, can I be of any use to you guys?"

Edited by Jamfke
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Gritting his teeth, Blunt closed his eyes briefly as the vessel lurched under his feet. He never had been a fan of space travel. Hitting the intercom briefly he shouts to the bridge "Hey, can I be of any use to you guys?"

 

Drake awnsers back on the inter com..

 

"Yeah, get on the starboad Ion turret and keep any TIE off of our starboard side my friend..."

Edited by Jamfke
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Blunt thumbs the intercom briefly "Yes sir, I will do what I can".

 

He then heads to the starboard Ion cannon as fast as he can and will do the best job he can to keep the TIEs at bay. Naturally as he's a little out of his depth, he'll chose the most likely target to hit and use CP's as neccessary.

Edited by Jamfke
Link to comment
Share on other sites

The Nomad punches through the atmosphere as the TIE bombers begin to fall away behind. Sensors indicate that four more very fast moving ships are racing up from the planet's surface to take their place, however. Once they get within the Nomad's weapons long range bracket, they split off into pairs and begin maneuvering to prevent themselves from being an easy target. The sensor data shows them to be TIE Interceptors.

 

Each pair of Interceptors approach the Nomad from different angles. They appear to recognize that the ion cannons are their worst threat, and seem to be targeting them first.

 

The pair approaching from port open fire at long range, strafing Devan's cannon in a desperate bid to knock out his weapon. Luckily, having to fire from long range while bobbing and weaving prevents them from getting a good bead on their target.

 

The second pair open up on Blunt's turret from the same distance. As he straps in, and switches his cannon to manual control, he is nearly blinded by blaster flash when one of the Interceptor's shots ricochets off of the Nomad's shields just outside his cannon's canopy.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The Nomad punches through the atmosphere as the TIE bombers begin to fall away behind. Sensors indicate that four more very fast moving ships are racing up from the planet's surface to take their place, however. Once they get within the Nomad's weapons long range bracket, they split off into pairs and begin maneuvering to prevent themselves from being an easy target. The sensor data shows them to be TIE Interceptors.

 

Each pair of Interceptors approach the Nomad from different angles. They appear to recognize that the ion cannons are their worst threat, and seem to be targeting them first.

 

The pair approaching from port open fire at long range, strafing Devan's cannon in a desperate bid to knock out his weapon. Luckily, having to fire from long range while bobbing and weaving prevents them from getting a good bead on their target.

 

The second pair open up on Blunt's turret from the same distance. As he straps in, and switches his cannon to manual control, he is nearly blinded by blaster flash when one of the Interceptor's shots ricochets off of the Nomad's shields just outside his cannon's canopy.

 

Drake begins to make the calulations for the jump to hyperspace (while the others hold off the TIEs) to the nearest New Republic outpost....

 

Roll for Astrogation and use CPs and/or force Points as needed.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Blunt will fire at the TIES randomly, trying to discourage them as much as possible to buy Drake the time he needs. If one becomes an imminent threat, he'll switch to target that one as best he can, then once it's no longer a threat switch back to suppressing the others.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

 Share


×
×
  • Create New...