Jump to content
D6 Online 3.0

IC - Into the Depths


Recommended Posts

The many trials and tribulations that have plagued the New Republic since its creation shortly after the decisive, and very dramatic, battle at the little forest moon of Endor seem to have no ending. The fight toward Imperial City was hard fought, and hard won. In the end, the New Republic was triumphant, and Coruscant was once again the center of the Galactic Republic.

 

The victory was short-lived as many of the non-human citizens of Coruscant began falling victim to a strange new virus that was killing them off in a most devastating manner. Scientists quickly discovered that the virus could be terminated through the application of Bacta, but former Imperial Admiral Zsinj had secreted the galaxy's largest supply of the miraculous unguent away to a then unknown location. The current leaders of the New Republic have been scrambling their forces to various locations throughout the galaxy in search of Zsinj, or a replacement shipment of the much-needed Bacta.

 

One such team has been sent near the Kathol sector where the Empire is said to have kept another, smaller, stash of Bacta for their campaigns against the Alliance nearby. Our heroes have ventured to the small forest planet of Plyndos VI where they have just completed a raid on an undermanned facility where the supposed Bacta was being kept. They made short work of the Imperial troops assigned to maintain the outpost, and found nothing but an empty storage facility. Scrounging for anything to make this trip less of a failed run, they did find a listing of coordinates to a location outside of the known galaxy. Upon exiting the outpost, the crew has found themselves surrounded by a slightly larger Imperial force that apparently came from out of nowhere.

 

..................................................................................................................

 

The wooden door frame above Drake's head shatters as a stormtrooper's carbine blast just misses its mark. The front wall of the outpost is riddled with a hail of blasts, and the interior seems to be exploding all around the rest of the crew. The blaster fire subsides, and is replaced with the amplified voice of the Imperial officer commanding the troops outside.

 

"This is Colonel Simkis, commander of the Imperial garrison of Plyndos VI. Lay down your arms, and come out with your hands up. I can easily raze this outpost to the ground, so choose your destiny wisely."

 

Peering through the holes and cracks recently created by the last barrage, our heroes can see at least one platoon of stormtroopers with rifles and carbines leveled on the small building, and the Colonel sitting in the command turret of an Armored Repulsorlift Transport, its light repeater aimed at the main entrance to the outpost.

 

Swilja's voice crackles over Drake's comlink, "Drake? Where are you guys? I've got some trouble brewing here outside the ship. There's an AT-ST standing off to port, and it sounds like someone's trying to get into the main hatch."

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Devan swore under his breath as he looked out one of the cracks in the outpost. "Anybody else get the feeling we were set up? Blast, what are we going to do? Is there a back way out of this place?" Devan had to take a deep breath to relax himself and stop rambling. He'd been in combat before, but he much prefered to avoid it if at all possible. Besides, they were seriously outnumbered.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Tomin Jumar, a young man of just 18 years, stands there and says, "Stang! We are toast." He brushes his jet black hair out of his eyes. "Whats the plan?"

 

 

 

Devan swore under his breath as he looked out one of the cracks in the outpost. "Anybody else get the feeling we were set up? Blast, what are we going to do? Is there a back way out of this place?" Devan had to take a deep breath to relax himself and stop rambling. He'd been in combat before, but he much prefered to avoid it if at all possible. Besides, they were seriously outnumbered.

 

It looked bad but Drake didn't let himself panic..... "Alright EVRYONE, Let's not Panic... that will get us killed.....or worse..... I, having been an EX-Imp, know these small outposts usually have a small escape way hidden somwhere's, I know because I served in a couple, so everybody start looking for any secret doors or hatches, or at least a way to get under the floor...." He then get on the com with swilja, worrried and say and says.... "Swilja, get to the cockpit, turn the ships Ion cannons on that AT-ST and blast it then take off and head to these coordinates" (Drake reads off the coordinates) and blast anything imperial on the ground around this out post, I didn't give you flying lessons for nothing, my love....... I love you....."

 

 

Jam, Make a Search roll for Drake

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest bave

Zip turns and looks around, "Well, this is certainly a suprising change in circumstances...... why does this always seem to happen."

 

OOC: Exit/escape opportunities?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Drake begins searching the floors and walls for secret panels that might lead to a back entrance. Unfortunately, there are none in this section of the outpost. From his time in the service, he remembers that most of the escape tunnels were near the command centers of the outposts.

 

(OOC-Drake's Perception Roll=11, 1 on the wild die, no dire effects. Everyone else can make a Search/Perception roll too. Only visible means of escape would be through the roof, and possibly shimmying down some surrounding trees. Getting to the roof requires two rounds of climbing out the windows, leaving you exposed to the troopers.)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Drake begins searching the floors and walls for secret panels that might lead to a back entrance. Unfortunately, there are none in this section of the outpost. From his time in the service, he remembers that most of the escape tunnels were near the command centers of the outposts.

 

(OOC-Drake's Perception Roll=11, 1 on the wild die, no dire effects. Everyone else can make a Search/Perception roll too. Only visible means of escape would be through the roof, and possibly shimmying down some surrounding trees. Getting to the roof requires two rounds of climbing out the windows, leaving you exposed to the troopers.)

 

 

"Looking for and not finding any secret exits, looking at the widow and deciding against it, Drake improvises and comes up with an alternate plan...... He turns to Zip... That laser sword of yours work??? If it does I want you to cut a hole in the roof in that section is the back those Stormies outside are blind to.... We then climb out on the roof and slide down a tree..... and RUN like we're being chased by a whole herd of hungry rancors........"

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest bave

Snap-hiss.

 

Proceed to cut test holes through walls/doors where Drake points out. If we find air on the other side, cut a larger hole for us to fit through.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Devan also begins to search the outpost for a secret way out. Hoping the Imps outside wont know about it as well. Devan really does not want to have to fight when the odds are so stacked against them.

 

(4d6 → [4,6,1,2] = (13))

Link to comment
Share on other sites

As the others are searching for any secret access, Zip's light saber pokes easily through the thin metallic roofing material of the outpost, and reveals that the roof is indeed clear. He makes a quick circular pass with the blade, and makes a hole big enough for the crew to pass through, one-by-one. There are a few shipping containers off to the side of the small room that could be used as impromptu steps to reach the hole.

 

The Imperial Colonel calls out again, "You have two minutes to comply. We've been generous enough already, don't make us wait any further."

 

Swilja's voice crackles over Drake's comm, "I took a couple of hits before I could take out the AT-ST. Doesn't look like it's anything serious. I should be at your coordinates in just a sec. Hold tight lover!"

Link to comment
Share on other sites

As the others are searching for any secret access, Zip's light saber pokes easily through the thin metallic roofing material of the outpost, and reveals that the roof is indeed clear. He makes a quick circular pass with the blade, and makes a hole big enough for the crew to pass through, one-by-one. There are a few shipping containers off to the side of the small room that could be used as impromptu steps to reach the hole.

 

The Imperial Colonel calls out again, "You have two minutes to comply. We've been generous enough already, don't make us wait any further."

 

Swilja's voice crackles over Drake's comm, "I took a couple of hits before I could take out the AT-ST. Doesn't look like it's anything serious. I should be at your coordinates in just a sec. Hold tight lover!"

 

Everybody let's pile those shipping containers over here so we can climb outa here!! Quick! Quick!"

He then helps the others out before finally climbing out himself. and slides down the tree last, not paying attention to the splinters he was collecting. Once down he quickly looks for a culvert, sewer, ANYTHING to hide in safe from explosions, while Swilja blasts the Imps to Heck....

 

Once in a safe spot he he gets on the com and tells Swilja to LEVEL the place.... "Lock on to my signal and blast EVERYTHING around it..... Give 'em Hell My Sweet!"

 

Roll climbing/Jumping and Search, for Drake Jam, spending CPs as neccessary....

 

OOC: Who's carrying the Data we liberated, Jam?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Devan starts to help pile up the crates so that they can all get out of there...hopefully without the imps noticing or seeing them.

 

Once up and over, Devan climbs down next to Drake and waits to see the fireworks.

 

(climbing/jumping 2d6+2 → [5,6,2] = (13))

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest bave

Zip examines his hole, trying to see how close of a perfect circle he has made, then remembers why he is here and decides to make his best efforts to follow the crowd through the hole.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Taking a moment to snap out of his thoughts, Blunt chips in with the others moving crates and following them through the hole, helping people with a leg up as neccessary. As soon as he's through the hole, he'll position himself to shield Drake as much as possible from any incoming fire whilst minimising his exposure to the troopers below.

 

OOC: Sorry for my late arrival chaps!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

OOC: Who's carrying the Data we liberated, Jam?

 

(OOC-I'd say either Drake, or his bodyguard Blunt would be keeping up with the datacard. No roll needed for the climb, and I'm not too concerned with the shimmying down the trees. Search=18, 6 on the Wild Die=4 for a total roll of 22.)

 

Drake hits the ground and sees the rest of the crew ducking behind trees, and the occasional boulder. A quick scan of the area reveals a washed out strip with an overhanging bluff line that should give everyone good cover from the coming aerial bombardment.

 

The Colonel blares out over the loudspeaker, "Your time is up rebel scum! OPEN FIRE!"

 

A thunderous round of blaster fire lights up the front side of the outpost as the transport's cannon, and all of the stormtroopers, open fire at once. The front of the outpost is soon ablaze, and the blaster fire slows a bit as the troopers realize that no one is returning fire.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Provided he feels it doesn't mean exposing himself too much, Blunt will take this opportunity to edge closer towards the shack (assuming the aerial barrage has slackened) and see if he can get a look at the state of the Imperial force, an idea of numbers, casualties, and if he can tell anything about their experience/morale from their body language.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Nearing the shack, Blunt hears the unmistakable thrum of the Nomad's repulsors closing in on their position. He realizes that the aerial attack has yet to commence. Still, he sees that the troopers look quite determined to stand their ground, even after noticing the incoming vessel. He also sees the repeater on the transport pivoting away from the outpost to take aim on the Nomad, and a pair of troopers clamber back into the troop compartment.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest bave

Zip will quietly move, amongst cover, towards the area where he thinks the Nomad will most likely land, at the same time he will raise Danger Sense.

 

Sense Roll: 4,5,5 = 14

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Bu'cha quickly surveys the lay of the land and watches the Stormtroopers regroup. He watches as the Nomad swoops in near their position and the troopers take aim. "Well, we've given them another target, anyway." Bu'cha ducks behind a boulder for cover and draws his pistol. "Let's give the Nomad some cover while she lands."

 

((Bu'cha will open fire if the troopers begin firing at the Nomad. He doesn't have to hit them, just make em duck/keep em honest.))

Link to comment
Share on other sites

 Share


×
×
  • Create New...