D6 Online 3.0

Game Summary

The game will take place between Revenge of the Sith and a New Hope.

The plot will be based on the group of characters and the interaction they have amongst themselves. They can join the upstart Rebellion, be free wheeling and dealing merchants, mercenaries, pirates, Jedi on the run, or even Imperial agents.

Looking for 4 players give or take. Game will be primarily driven via PbP however possible Skype sessions are possible.

There will be some different house rules, specifically regarding the damage system and some combat options, however it will otherwise be starwars 2nd edition, revised.

Any questions, please let me know.

Otherwise, please post character sheets for review in the meantime. Characters are to have 18 attribute dice, 7 skill dice, template equipment or 3000 credits, whichever you prefer. Almost all races open, just needs to make sense.

Bonuses for good backgrounds.

Good area for resources, including complete fan books for equipment, races, etc.

http://www.rancorpit.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=1229

Rough Concept Sketch can be found HERE.

Character Name: Julius Valerium Habanashi

Nickname: "Val"

Player's Forum Name: Lubidius

Type: Rebel Saboteur (Reformed Assassin)

Race: Human (Kalareshi) Sex: M Age: 26 Height: 5'10" Weight: 160lbs

Physical Description:

Val is of medium build. He is small boned overall, but in peak health. Though slight in build, his skills in martial arts and demolitions are well known within the rebellion. The "skills" he learned as an assassin have come in handy on many a mission. Val usually wears common dark&light grey w/ black camo uniforms. [Think city special forces]. Simple, but effective. Otherwise he will wear a local common outfit for the planet or location he will be reconnoitering or sabotaging. His skin tone is bronze or copper in nature which aids in his blending in with most cultures.

Attributes & Skills:

[All skills are listed as adjusted with attribute D.]

Dexterity 4D

- Blaster 5D

- Dodge 5D

- Melee Combat 6D

- Thrown Weapons 5D

Knowledge 3D

Technical 4D

- Demolitions 6D

Mechanical 2D

Perception 2D

Strength 3D

Special Abilities: None

Move: 10

Force Sensitive: No

Force Points: 1

Dark Side Points: 0

Character Points: 5

- One sword pair (Daisho), consisting of katana, and wakizashi:

- One Blaster Carbine.

Model: SoroSuub QuickSnap 36T

Type: Blaster Carbine

Ammo: 100

Fire Rate: 1

Range: 3-25/50/250

Damage: 5D

- Standard Issue fatigues

- One green/brown mottled. Minimal Quality

- One grey/black mottled. Minimal Quality

Credits: 2000

Background: "Val" was orphaned at an early age on a rim world known as Kalaresh. It a mixture of oriental culture, mysticism, and a warrior code. A fact that remains dormant in his mind is that his parents were killed when he was just two years old. The crime lords that killed them took him in, demoralizing him, removing all that was human from him from a young age. Eventually, at the age of 9, they began training him in the arts of the assassin. At the age of 16 his master and teacher Rothno Preceptus told him that he killed his parents. He revealed this knowledge as a test of Val's loyalty to the Shalostim brotherhood (a crime syndicate). At first he accepted the fact with a cold stone-like heart. He did not know of them enough to know what love actually was. He had been grilled and honed for so many years for one thing, to kill for his master. The master treated him well. That was love in his heart's mind. Food, sex, drugs, debauchery, and killing at will. Slowly Val becomes haunted by dreams of his parents death. The dreams are so real he can taste his own sweat. Months pass, and the dreams turn into nightmares. Hatred swells in Val's very soul. A taste much like the coldness of assassination, but sweeter, alluring, arrousing. After he passes his final exam, known as the "Jalareem" or awakening in the Shalostim secret toungue (he must kill a fellow student with his bare hands) he lies down for one more nightmare filled sleep. Instead, he gets up, slowly unveils the katana from it's place of respect, and kills his master in his sleep. "Val" travels the galaxy, masterless, broken, unholy. Along his warrior's journey he reaches a small outlying rim world known as Ulistus Prime. While walking through a moutain pass, still trying to shake himself into a reality that is his own, he is attacked by an old man. The old man defeats him without blinking an eye-lash; he holds his shoulder tightly pinching him into a slobbering mess on the ground below. "Do you even know who you are my son..." "You are not my father!"...Val lashes at him wildly, anger, pride, jealousy rage in him. "You cannot defeat me in anger fool...." Val falls to the ground a face full of dust. Spitting the ground out of his parched mouth... Val says. "Anger is all I have". The man slowly helps him up ... "Let me show you something else...." A year passes, the old man teaches him in the ways of the monk warriors of Ulistus, the Nariyuk. One day, he is in a nearby town with the old man, an imperial garrison is being built near the town's edge. The old man accidentally steps on a dark robed figure's cloak...words are exchanged.... A battle ensues... Val is thrown by a gripping force into a nearby wall as he leaps to the old man's aid. Val sees only small blurry clips of the fight that rages on. The unarmed old man lasts for nearly 10 minutes, but a final crimson stroke brings him down. "Val" recovers slowly, then stands like a stone, shivering, almost human. He knows fear now. Fear of loss. And he has lost the only man that has shown him compassion in his life. If ever there was a 'father' .. the fallen old man was as close as he will ever know. Tears stream down his face, he almost laughs, he smiles, this is love.. .this is love... he says to himself over and over again... to a shout....THIS IS LOVE... the dark robed thing turns from a distance, then a white trooper approaches, regaining his attention. The distant figures disappear towards a nearby shuttle.

Personality: Val is still learning to trust his rebel compatriots. He has learned that compassion exists in the galaxy, but reserves his friendships to only those he has worked with for years. Otherwise the mission dictates the mood.

Objectives: To do everything in his power to destroy the Empire and everything it stands for.

Edited by Lubidius

Name: Jarrin Dumar

Species: Human

Dexterity 4D

- Blaster 5D

- Brawling 5D

- Dodge 5D

- Melee 5D

Knowledge 3D

Bureaucracy 4D

Mechanical 2D

Technical 2D

Perception 4D

- Investigation 5D

- Sneak 5D

Strength 3D

Body Points: 42

Move: 10

Force Sensitive: No

Force Points: 1

Dark Side Points: 0

Character Points: 5

Gear:

Blaster Pistol (Damage 4D, Cost 500)

Bounty Hunter Armor (Physical +2D, Energy +1D, Cost 2,500)

Background:

Jarrin Dumar was born on Corellia. His early days were spent getting into trouble and having minor runins with the law. Eventually though he had a change of heart and joined the Corellian Security Force. This lasted for about two years before he decided it just wasn't for him and he quit.

For a while after that he bounced around space trying to find himself. That's when he took some bounty hunting work. At first he was freelance, but after a couple years he started working for a Zabrak crime boss named Tosh Dushi.

This relationship lasted for several years, but started becoming strained when the jobs went from bounty hunter jobs to assassinations. Finally he quit and has been wandering the galaxy with his blaster and his armor as his only true possessions, taking work where he can get it.

He's not sure what to make of the Empire or the Rebellion. One thing is for sure, he doesn't believe the Jedi tried to over through the Republic.

Description:

Jarrin stands 2 meters tall and is of average to slightly average build. His eyes are a bright green and he keeps his blonde hair shaved closely. He is well tanned and generally considered handsome.

Armor: http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/swg/images/thumb/5/54/BH_Armor.jpg/125px-BH_Armor.jpg

I added a link to an external copy of my sheet which includes a very rough sketch of the character (in my character sheet above in this thread). I will fix it up and ink it sometime within a week. Ran out of time today to work on it.

Lubidius,

You can have the sword set for free, consider the Katana as Str +2d (max of 6d) and the Wazi as Str +1d+1 (max 5d)

That leaves you some credits remaining.

Bentley,

Looks good, just one thing to point out, not sure if it was intentional or not, but you have no skill in dodge (aside from the base attribute, which is very good), wanted to make sure you did not forget about your primary defensive skill.

Feel free to adjust as needed.

You can also have a long arm of your choice (rifle/carbines etc) just let me know, for putting the effort into the back ground.

Bentley,

Looks good, just one thing to point out, not sure if it was intentional or not, but you have no skill in dodge (aside from the base attribute, which is very good), wanted to make sure you did not forget about your primary defensive skill.

Feel free to adjust as needed.

You can also have a long arm of your choice (rifle/carbines etc) just let me know, for putting the effort into the back ground.

Dropped Blaster to 5D and made Dodge 5D. Have to think about the long arm. Thanks.

"That leaves you some credits remaining." Thanks. I will just buy a few smaller items that I would consider such a character as 'owning', and keep some around in case of group need or in case we break away from doing specific Rebel missions (during which he tends to request for materials to be provided as needed; of which he returns as long as they are not expended like explosives or ammunition of choice). He would live rather minimally, concentrating mostly on martial training and meditation. If he goes off on a personal quest [with or without others as needed or desired for the story] he will have some money around for those needs.

I've added my character over to the characters thread. I assume you'll just delete this whole game summary thread once everyone has followed suit. Thanks again for organizing this game. I look forward to it. - Lubidius \sw\

correct, i am going to try and get a fourth to play and once THK gets his final character up and running and the fourth I will put a total plot summary out there, delete this and clean it up.

thanks for the cooperations :)

Sorry for the delay...but a little food poisoning and finding out that the site's hiccup had erased one's account didn't keep me down for long. Julius is up in the player character's section.

Sorry for the delay...but a little food poisoning and finding out that the site's hiccup had erased one's account didn't keep me down for long. Julius is up in the player character's section.

Ack. Sorry to hear about the food poisoning.

Everything is up, please ask any questions you have asap, whether it is about characters or setting etc.

We may have one more player, if Rerun wants to join in. I can work with that as well.

Game will be starting shortly, I will post with some notice before hand.

Only correction to character sheets I have is for "Julius", please remove reference to rank. That will be handled in game as I am a big fan of military heirarchy and will address it throughout the game itself.

edit: the group also has possession of the "Last Hope". A stock Ghtroc 720 freighter, which you effectively stole from Ghorman :)

Everything is up, please ask any questions you have asap, whether it is about characters or setting etc.

We may have one more player, if Rerun wants to join in. I can work with that as well.

Game will be starting shortly, I will post with some notice before hand.

Only correction to character sheets I have is for "Julius", please remove reference to rank. That will be handled in game as I am a big fan of military heirarchy and will address it throughout the game itself.

edit: the group also has possession of the "Last Hope". A stock Ghtroc 720 freighter, which you effectively stole from Ghorman :)

I am considering a Sullustan Co-pilot/Mechanic (based on the Sullustan Engineer template from Platt's Smuggler Guide) to tag along. I posted a question regarding the Starship Weapon Repair skill. Bear with me as I am hastily creating this guy...

I am considering a Sullustan Co-pilot/Mechanic (based on the Sullustan Engineer template from Platt's Smuggler Guide) to tag along. I posted a question regarding the Starship Weapon Repair skill. Bear with me as I am hastily creating this guy...

np, take your time. you can tweak your background to the above story it would help.

Sorry folks...I've had some real life stuff come up that will prevent me from playing in this game. Sorry again. Good luck with the game. :)

Awww, I'm sorry to hear that, THK. :( You go take care of that Real Life ™ stuff. Maybe we can get you back later?

Bave,

I can tweak my character towards some piloting if we don't get another player?

Guest bave

Gluck THK, let me know if your status changes.

Otherwise, we have a slot available if someone else wants to join. Please get final character changes done in the next day or two. I intend to start over the weekend.

Also, anytime I am posting for the game I will be in chat so if we happen to get everyone there at the same time we can move more quickly.