Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
The Game Guy

D6 Powers Revised and Expanded

14 posts in this topic

I just wanted to say I bought D6 Powers Revised and Expanded and I am very excited about it.

It's a great book and I recommend that people interested in superheros pick it up.

If I get really bored one day after I finish my move, I might compare D6 Powers & D6 Powers Revised. Sadly, it is too late to try now as they are already both packed up with the rest of my D6 collection in a big plastic grey storage tub. :P

If you do, let us know.

I have the first edition, but as I haven't used it yet, and not knowing how much different is the second, I'm in no hurry to get it. :D

If I get really bored one day after I finish my move, I might compare D6 Powers & D6 Powers Revised. Sadly, it is too late to try now as they are already both packed up with the rest of my D6 collection in a big plastic grey storage tub. :P

While I would be interested in seeing the comparison, since I only have the 2nd edition and I would be curious to see how much of a difference there is between the two.

While I would be interested in seeing the comparison, since I only have the 2nd edition and I would be curious to see how much of a difference there is between the two.
Other than tweaks/corrections, I doubt you are missing anything by only having the revised book. Jerry tends to add rather then subtract stuff when he write. :D

Other than tweaks/corrections, I doubt you are missing anything by only having the revised book. Jerry tends to add rather then subtract stuff when he write. :D

That's cool. Besides, I generally want to have the latest and greatest vs an older version of a game book.

Is this basicly the supers rules from Godsend? with out the setting?

Yes, that's right. There are some examples borrowed from Godsend, but it's entirely generic.

Yes, that's right. There are some examples borrowed from Godsend, but it's entirely generic.

There are Ka rules and a few game mechanics that are Godsend specific, but true there is no setting fluff per se.

I haven't done a complete analysis myself, but I have read that some of the powers mechanic flaws from the Godsend book were addressed in this new book, so it is my understanding that D6 Powers R&E is now the preferred game system to use with the Godsend Agenda setting.

How much of D6 Powers, if any, is Open Content? I'd like to know if there is anything in there I can use while writing for Open D6 (as I've probably mentioned elsewhere, but I didn't know about the R&E book at the time).

As was mentioned in the OpenD6 area, none of D6 Powers is open content. It was created by a third party prior to any "openness" and, as such, it owned by Khepera Publishing. So you can't use stuff from D6 Powers, D6 Power R&E, or any Godsend Agenda materials.

I just picked it up too. Very good book. My first supers books was champions. And first gurps book was supers. I also have about every mutants and masterminds book out.

I think d6 powers Is by far my favorite supers book now. I love how things like manipulation powers are each seperate. Not just "manipulation" with sub text for types of energy or matter being mainpulated. very nice.

Will you be reprinting d6 powers revised and expanded? I have found one used copy but that is all.

D6 Powers R&E is for sale at IPR.

And I'll give you a friendly hint. The above link goes directly to the printed book + PDF bundle. They are available seperately, but the book + PDF bundle price is the same as the book price alone. So if you for sure want the printed book, you might as well also get the PDF for free. That's what I did.

Of course, if you only want the PDF, you can save $11 and download that. The link for that is on the right of the metal guy.

The book is black-and-white, while the PDF is in full color. The artwork is cool and of course looks beter in full color.

I think I might have to pick up a print copy. I got the PDF. while normally I print all my PDFs this book has too much going on to do that. With the layout so colorful and so much to it it is not cost effective to print in greyscale either. The cost would be too close to the printed work. So it looks like ill just have to get it in dead tree too.