D6 Online 3.0
Lee Torres

[D6 Space] Power in the 'Verse

From a script perspective (and while I miss Wash too, and wish they hadn't killed him) I suspect that Wash died mainly to build up the danger of the Reavers in the next scenes in the movie - I think it made that last ditch "hold the line so Mal can send the Miranda information" that much more tense, especially when they're all gathering in that room near the tunnel, and one of them asks "Where's Wash?" and Zoe says "He's not coming." and there's that moment where you think any of them - any, including River and Simon, since the secret of Miranda is out and their "plot immunity" is essentially cancelled, could die next. About the only one that doesn't seem to be on the chopping block at that point is Mal.

While I'm sad that Wash died, I can't think of another I'd have rather seen go - the crew of Serenity is like a family - if I'd been asked "which limb do you want to lose?" it'd be the same sort of choice.

Thanks Lee. That was my suspicion. I know I worded it like sadness at his loss, but it really wasn't that for me. And it wasn't why not someone else either. His death just felt meaningless at that point in the story (not that it really was meaningless - it just seemed that way).

I admit I didn't care for all of the characters when I first started watching the series. I thought Mal, Jayne, Shepherd Book and Inara were great right off the bat. But I actually didn't care for Wash, Zoe, Kaylee, Simon or River! I thought Zoe was all wrong for the first mate. I thought Kaylee and Simon were too young. I thought Wash was too goofy and Opie Cunningham. And River's insanity just annoyed the piss out of me. I actually thought that River and Simon both served little purpose in the story (and actually held that pretty much all the way until the movie). And I thought there were just too many characters on the ship, at first.

But Zoe, Wash and Kaylee all grew on me over the course of the series. And of course, River's character is instramental to the plot of the film, which retroactively shows her importance all long. And of course Simon was there to take care of River. So by the end of the movie, I was completely satisfied and fulfilled with the story as a whole from TV pilot to movie.

Now my wife and I are going back through the series. Me just to watch it all again, now that I understand the whole context of the narrative from start to finish, and my wife because she missed a few of the episodes when I watched them all the first time around last year. We are both finding that we are enjoying it much more the second time around.

Wifey and I watched "Ariel" tonight. I really like that episode.

Now I have a little idea about the planet we are about to land on in the game. I hope we don't have to end up in St. Lucy. :) I didn't remember the name of that planet (or episode) until I just got refreshed.

I can't settle on just one. My sentimental favorite is "Out of Gas" just for the flashbacks, but there's not a bad episode in the mix.

Oh, and now that you're hooked - welcome, Browncoat! It's gorram shiny to have you with us! :D You can join the rest of us come next U-Day when we find an Alliance bar to start a ruckus in!

Cool, Lubidius. I enjoyed the movie a lot watching it right after completing the 14 TV episodes. The movie is the climax of just about everything the TV series was leading up to. I think you'll like it more the 2nd time.

My wife got interested in the show after seeing a few eps with me while I was going through it the first time (through rentals). Now that I own the series and movie on DVD, we are going to re-watch them all in order, and this time my wife wants to make sure she sees every episode. I think she'll also like the movie more next time around, after seeing all of the eps.

My wife and I finished our 2nd go-around for the series over the weekend (with the movie). My wife now understands the story completely because of seeing everything she missed the first time around. We both loved it even more this time.

With the move to the new site, I lost one player from my game. Now, regrettably, due to scheduling conflicts, I'm losing a second. If anyone is interested in joining in the "Power in the 'Verse" D6 Space campaign, please let me know, either on this thread or by PM. As the PCs and their ship are currently planet-side on Ariel, I can bring in new players immediately.

Hope to hear from you!

I might be interested. Whats the chargen info and what type of characters do you need?

Character generation info is 18D attributes and 7D skills, basic D6 Space generation with no wrinkles - If you don't have D6 Space you can use the existing characters on the board as a guide. You can take any advantages and disadvantages that fit the Firefly setting, but nothing paranormal unless you run it by me first. I may not let you do it, but that doesn't mean you can't ask! You could catch me on a good day... :) :gl:

Ouch, were down to 2 people now?

Yep, sad to say. I thought we had a really tight core team going, and was enjoying the interaction between the three of you and the 'Verse. But as Zoe said to Mal at the end of the movie, "She's tore up plenty, but she'll fly true." I'm not going to do anything final with the character in the hopes that the player might be able to come back in later, but we probably need another person or two to keep things flyin'.

It's true what they say; "things don't go smooth..."

Character generation info is 18D attributes and 7D skills, basic D6 Space generation with no wrinkles - If you don't have D6 Space you can use the existing characters on the board as a guide. You can take any advantages and disadvantages that fit the Firefly setting, but nothing paranormal unless you run it by me first. I may not let you do it, but that doesn't mean you can't ask! You could catch me on a good day... :) :gl:

Alright. I'll put something together either later tonight or tomorrow morning and PM it to ya.

Alright. I'll put something together either later tonight or tomorrow morning and PM it to ya.

Shiny! An' to think, here I was all fretful an' moon-faced - looking forward to seeing your character, sir!

Anyone else cares to join us, we got three heroes goin' against two with Hands of Blue and a frightful horde of gorram Reavers :eek: - they might need a little more help!

If your business card reads "Have Gun, Will Travel" then the Blackbird might just be the ship for you! If your card reads "Have Gun (and a Whole Mess o' Grenades), Will Travel" even better...

:thanks: