D6 Online 3.0
Sign in to follow this  
Shenron

[D6 Conversion] Judge Dredd

Well guys, my project has grown like wildfire since I actually started it. I decided to use the D6 Legend system but I would to see it converted into the D6 Classic system as well. My D6-Fu is not the strong yet.

I am almost done with the project, it is actually playable right now. I am working on the Psionics section, next will be the Cybernetic Section, and finally I will round it up with a equipment section (Guns and armor), and sample NPC section I hope.

It really sux that I just can't post the whole .doc but I figure I will through little updates here and there to keep peoples mouth watering.

Just as a disclaimer, I did not read the comics and I am well aware that my time line is going to be obscenely off. Also, I have only included the basic setting information because I want GM to run wild with their own ideas, I do not want Judge Dredd to be an unbreakable mold, I want people to take the basic setting and run with it.

Teaser Number 1: Time Line

2040 A.D. End of the known World: After years of international conflicts and swift tactical battles the high tension and corruption of politics finally came to a head and exploded in the quickest and deadliest war the planet has ever scene, a nuclear war. It has been long forgotten who launched the first missile or what it was over and to be honest, no one cares. The nuclear fallout destroyed and eradiated most of the planet. What safe places were left started to evolve and grow into sprawling metropolises that eventually incorporated all of the livable land in any given area. These Mega Cities as they became known developed into huge blocks of towering buildings. These blocks on an average contained thousands of people which lead into what would be known as the Fallout Block Wars Robotic technology was tough and survived most of the destruction. Robotics became key into rebuilding civilization and a caste system that ranked the ability of these robots and the freedom the robots had was developed and institutionalized.

2065 A.D. Fallout Block Wars: Having so many people crammed into such small spaces caused the crime rate to sky rocket. Soon all types of criminals realized that their best chances and exerting the most power and surviving was to band together. These “gangs” become known by the blocks they lived on and soon controlled. It was soon realized that what survived of the pre nuclear government was ill equipped to deal with the spike in crime that arose after the Mega Cities were born. Law Enforcement personnel, Courts, Jails, and all other forms of government employees and buildings were targeted and destroyed. Shortly after the breakdown of anything that resembled law the turf fights between gangs turned into all out block wars where any person that could defend himself and fire a weapon fought along side the gangs that controlled their block.

2070 A.D. Return of the Law: After the breakdown of the government systems a Criminal Judge by the name of Cornilius rounded up what was left of the officials, law enforcement personnel, military, and anyone else that could help with his plan to save society. Out of the ashes arose a new world order, the order of the Judges. These Judges took to the streets like an evading army. The retaking of the Mega Cities was easier then anyone thought. The block wars actually mortally wounded all of the gangs and there wasn’t much resistance left to put up any type of a real fight. These new “Street” Judges were empowered to be Judge, Jury, and if need be executioner on the spot. They would dish out sentences for the crimes being committed and the sentences were backed almost unquestionably by the new judicial system. All of the Mega Cities became under control of what is basically martial law where all of the laws are enforced and hold more serious sentences then the remnants of the laws that were in enforcement before Doomsday.

2374 A.D. Discovery of Mutants: Strange sightings of monsters and aliens and have been discussed in bars, basements, and have even been reported for the last couple of years. During a fugitive chase that led into the sewers and the substructure of Mega City One the Judges ran into a small civilization of what appeared to be mutated humans. Due to the fact that they were once humans a lot of the mutants were brought up to live normal society. Thus caused fear in a lot of the citizens which resulted in riots, hunting of mutants and other such atrocities. Mutants became segregated and treated as basically aliens by citizens and judges a like.

2479 A.D. The Judge Massacre: A corrupted Justice and the insane clone Rico were able to frame the greatest street judge, Dredd. In doing so they freed up the ability to cause chaos in the streets of Mega City One and caused the death of 108 Street Judges. This lead to the counsel to unlock the JANUS files which was the cloning system the created Dredd and Rico. They council was then assassinated by Rico. Judge Dredd returned to the city and with help from Judge Hershey and other allies he was able to uncover the corruption, kill Rico, and restore order to the Mega City one. (This period covers the events from the Judge Dredd movie)

2697 A.D. Robot Rebellion: The A.I. in the robots eventually evolved and became self aware. They decided over a period of time that they should not be the slaves of man but man should be the slaves of the robots. A new war started as robots rebelled and killed their human owners which soon followed up with a massacre with all humans they came into contact with. The fights seemed hopeless until the Judges brought the heavy artillery in and were finally able to over power the robots one by one. After the rebellion, laws were passed that made owning a working robot illegal which could be punishable by long imprisonment or if the robot was used in a crime the punishment could be death.

3000 A.D. Mutant’s Civil Rights: The presiding Justices finally passed strict laws about the treatment and segregation of mutants. No one for sure knows if they did this out of the kindness of their hearts, the help the mutants providing in the Robot Rebellion or for the simple fact that it probably stopped a mutant uprising that would through the city into a state akin to the original Fallout Block Wars. The mutants became official citizens of the Mega Cities.

3015 A.D. The Birth of Psions: It is unknown if this is the next step on human evolution becoming prominent, if it is the effect of the radiation of the cursed earth, or a effect the mutants brought with them. People have been shown capable of using their mind for interesting effects. Some of these effects have been recorded as but not limited to telekinesis, telepathy, and different forms of mind alterations, pyrotechnics, and other stranger abilities. Shortly after this discovery the Justice System instituted a special section of the Judge Academy specifically for training and enhancing the psychic abilities. These new Psi-Judges have become a powerful force or special missions and are called in when their unique abilities are needed.

Teaser Number 2: Character Packages

Street Judge

It takes 8-14 years for a Judge to go through the academy. Judges are usually recruited from an age as early as ten to as late as twenty four. The academy training usually involves vigorous study of the laws, history, philosophy, marksmanship, hand to hand combat, vehicle operation, vehicle combat, ethics, civilian psychology, sociology, and criminal cases. Rookie judges are distinguished by the spaced gold bars that make up their chest/shoulder body armor the start from the middle of their back, splits going across both shoulders separately and meeting in the middle about where there sternum bone is. Senior Judges wear the same uniform except that their left shoulder pad as an eagles head and the gold spaced bars on the left side do not continue down the front of the chest. Executive Judges again basically where the same uniform but both shoulder pads end in eagles and the spaced gold bars do not go down both sides of the chest. Rookies can expect to keep their rank from anyway between 2 though 6 years. Promotion can sometimes occur earlier depending on performance out in the field, this is rare but it does happen. Usually Rookies are awarded Stars of Honor that go on the outside of their shoulders sleeve, right above the elbow. Senior Judges can usually expect to be promoted from anywhere between ten to fifteen years of service. For the more squirrelly cadets out there, never forgot the words of one of the greatest judges that have ever walked the streets of Mega City One.

“At the end of the day, when you're alone in the dark, the only thing that matters is the law. Trust me; you "will" be alone. For most of us, death in the streets is our destiny. But for those of us that actually reach retirement, the long walk awaits. You will take the long walk, a walk that every Judge takes outside these city walls, into the Cursed Earth where you will remain for the last of your days, alone and carrying the law for the sole purpose of bringing law to the lawless.” –Judge Dredd

Minimum Dice in Attributes: 2D in all except for Extranormal Psionics. If a player wishes to give his character a psychic ability it costs triple the creation dice.

Maximum Dice in Attributes: 5D in all except for Extranoraml Psionics, which is 3D.

Minimum Dice in Skills: 2D Marksmanship, 2D Dodge, 2D in Melee Combat, 1D Command, 1D Security

Free Dice: 12D in attributes and 2D in skills

Standard Equipment: Lawgiver II, Judge Uniform/Armor, Combat Knife, Lawmaster Bike, Belt full of law enforcement equipment, small apartment, and hazard pay salary.

PSI Judge

Psi-Judges go through the same academy that the other judges go to except that a lot less time is spent in combat and marksmanship. This “free” time is spent at a classified location only referred to as the “Lab”. During this Lab training the cadets are put through a series of tests, experiments, and other such procedures to increase their psionic abilities beyond what they were recruited with. These Psi-Judges are also heavily trained in infiltration, espionage, spy tactics, and other cloak and dagger aspects of law enforcement.

Minimum Dice in Attributes: 2D in all except Paranormal Psionics which is 4D. If a player wishes to increase his character’s psychic ability it costs triple the creation dice.

Maximum Dice in Attributes: 5D in all except for Extranormal Psionics, which is 8D.

Minimum Dice in Skills: 1D Marksmanship, 1D Dodge, 2D Willpower, 2D Intimidation, and 1D in any two Psionic skills which cannot be increased at character creation.

Free Dice: 8D in attributes and 2D in skills

Standard Equipment: Lawgiver II, Judge Uniform/Armor, Combat Knife, Lawmaster Bike, Belt full of law enforcement equipment, small apartment, and hazard pay salary.

Tech Judge

Tech-Judges go through the same academy that the other judges go to except that a lot less time is spent in combat and marksmanship. This “free” time is spent learning mechanics, weapon systems, hacking, computer code, cyber defense, designing and testing cybernetic implants, and other things requiring a specialization in technology.

Minimum Dice in Attributes: 2D in all except Paranormal Psionics. If a player wishes to increase his character’s psychic ability it costs triple the creation dice.

Maximum Dice in Attributes: 5D in all except for Extranormal Psionics, which is 3D.

Minimum Dice in Skills: 1D Marksmanship, 1D Dodge, 2D Tech, 2D Repair, and 1D Melee Combat

Free Dice: 12D in attributes and 3D in skills

Standard Equipment: Lawgiver II, Judge Uniform/Armor, combat knife, special transport full of tech tools and equipment, Belt full of law enforcement equipment, small apartment, and hazard pay salary.

Standard Civilian

Civilians make up most of the residents in the megacities. Civilians can some from any background, have any job, and any set of skills and abilities. Most of the civilians are unemployed and a good number of the unemployed civilians partake in the criminally underground that the Megacities tend to offer in abundance. These crimes “habits” can range from basic petty crimes to serious crimes such as starting block wars and the like.

Minimum Dice in Attributes: 1D in all except Paranormal Psionics. If a player wishes to increase his character’s psychic ability it costs triple the creation dice.

Maximum Dice in Attributes: 5D in all except for Extranormal Psionics, which is 6D.

Minimum Dice in Skills: At least 1D in any four skills

Free Dice: 18D in attributes and 6D in skills

Standard Equipment: Random

Mutants

Mutants have just recently been accepted into the megacities and treated as equal citizens. There is still a lot of discrimination that occurs but more often then not mutants can usually lead a decent life above ground inside the blocks of the megacities. These mutants all possess a number of mutations that provide varying effects, some good, some bad, and some just down right ugly.

Minimum Dice in Attributes: 1D in all except Paranormal Psionics. If a player wishes to increase his character’s psychic ability it costs triple the creation dice.

Maximum Dice in Attributes: 5D in all except for two attributes which must be chosen at character creations and cannot be changes afterwards, the maximums for these two attributes are 6D. This does not include Paranormal Psionics which is 4D.

Minimum Dice in Skills: At least 1D in any four skills

Free Dice: 18D in attributes and 6D in skills

Special: The mutant can take up to three mutations, one from each tree and must take one drawback from his mutations.

Psychers

Psykers are a nick name that originated in the streets for people that possessed any type of PSI talent. By law, all persons that discover and exercise their PSI abilities much register with the justice department. Some of them do, some of them don’t. These rogue psykers are out there, using their talents, hoping not to catch the attention of the Judges or anyone who would turn them in.

Minimum Dice in Attributes: 2D in Knowledge, Perception, and Presence. 1D in the remaining normal attributes except Paranormal Psionics which is 2D. If a player wishes to increase his character’s psychic ability it costs triple the creation dice.

Maximum Dice in Attributes: 5D in all including Extranormal Psionics.

Minimum Dice in Skills: At least 2D in any two skills and 2D in a single Psionics Skill which cannot be increased at character creation.

Free Dice: 13D in attributes and 4D in skills

Hackers

Hackers refer to any number of civilians that are more technologically minded then their follows. Some of these “hackers” are permanently hard wired into the cities civilian main frame and exist almost entirely as programs. Other toy and fix up the old robots, break into buildings, hack into food machines, money machines, or sell their skills to other people. Yet others

Minimum Dice in Attributes: 2D in Knowledge and perception, 1D in the rest except Paranormal Psionics. If a player wishes to increase his character’s psychic ability it costs triple the creation dice.

Maximum Dice in Attributes: 5D in all except for Extranormal Psionics, which is 3D.

Minimum Dice in Skills: 3D Tech, 1D Repair, 1D Repair, 2D Repair, and 1D Hide

Free Dice: 14D in attributes and 2D in skills

Standard Equipment: Base of operations, multiple computers, hard ware and soft ware

I am sure if you ask GG to upload the .doc to him, he could place it on the server somewhere. All you would need to do then is place the link in a post so people can download the doc. If it isn't in PDF form, I suggest doing it in PDF as not everyone has Word or its equivalent.

This is of course if you want too and GG agrees.

I am sure if you ask GG to upload the .doc to him, he could place it on the server somewhere. All you would need to do then is place the link in a post so people can download the doc. If it isn't in PDF form, I suggest doing it in PDF as not everyone has Word or its equivalent.

This is of course if you want too and GG agrees.

We have plenty of space and I would be more then happy to host it here for you.

Sorry it has been so long for my postings. At work I basically got into a fight for my life and I have been recovering. I will post more when I get a chance. Thanks for all of the support.

At work I basically got into a fight for my life and I have been recovering. I will post more when I get a chance. Thanks for all of the support.

I'm glad to hear that you are recovering. Get well soon. Take care.

I am back and doing well. I am sorry my comp decided to blow up on me and it took me forever to get it fixed. So I am trying to catch up on my project. I hope there is still interest in it.

Good to see you back!

A thought I had on an earlier post (#2) in the thread; if you're altering the timeline to a significant degree, you might want to avoid calling it Judge Dredd and go with a more encompassing title, much as Starblazer Adventures did, and go with World of Mega-City One or Adventures in the Cursed Earth or possibly broaden it out to include other 2000 AD storylines (such as Strontium Dog and Rogue Trooper, if memory serves) and call it 2000 AD.

I found some good resources online for the Judge Dredd setting (below), though, so if you want to use that timeline and then just throw the setting open for adventures after the last date on it (2121 A.D.), that would probably be a workable alternative.

I'd just be concerned that die-hard Judge Dredd fans might not embrace it if the published events were altered to span a millennium...

http://www.2000ad.org/?zone=dredd&page=timelines

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Judge_Dredd

Again, good to have you back among us - glad you're feeling better! :D

Edited by Lee Torres

Ya, I will have to change the name or something like that good. Very good advice, thank you.

Oh ya, shoot me a PM with your e-mail, I would like to show you what I have so far and get your opinion.

Alright, due to life and work I am going to need help on this project.

I am needing people to help me with the last couple of sections, and do not worry, youll name will go on the front page :)

Please PM me or reply ASAP

"Official" timeline is now done, I am about halfway dome with Psionics at the moment.

I still have cybernetics, equipment, and a bestiary.

Anyway, it is going good but progress is slow.