Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
The Game Guy

[D6 Post Apoco] In Character Posts

274 posts in this topic

Kitty heads into the room more slowly then, looking for the source of the noise

 

Kitty slides her way into the middle of the room, she is in a large two story high room with dark wood panels and a large light hanging overhead. To the right on the second floor level there are two small balcony's on the left or right.

You hear the noise again but are not sure where it came from ((roll perception?))

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Siemaszko considers pointing out that he'd asked her specifically about emergency responders, not people in general, but decides to let the poor attitude pass, this once.

 

"Meeting up with an officer of the Philadelphia Police Department, hopefully they'll have more information on where everyone went than what we've got."

 

The girl nods "it's good to know that there are others out there alive. For awhile I wasn't sure. For awhile I thought I was the only one left"

 

Madison sits back in the seat "what exactly happened anyway?"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
He enters the Emergency Room entrance and looks around, it is dark and it appears to be abandoned. The only smell he does smell is the normal hospital smell. He moves past the waiting area and the abandoned check in station and reaches the double doors going to the patient area of the emergency room. They are automatic doors but of course they do not open because there is no power.

 

((The double doors are next to the angled check in desk. The angled check in desk has files and a couple of computers- off because there is no power and the waiting area is open with rows of chairs for people to sit in while they wait. There is a candy machine, a drink machine (both off) and a couple of phones against the wall on the side in the Open Waiting Area))

 

"HELLOOOOOO!!!" Steve calls again, more insistently. "Man, I hated hospitals before, but now this place gives me the creeps." He looks down each darkened corridor for any sign of life. He heads over to the check-in station and snatches the ledger from desk. Steve flips through the book looking for anything that might make mention of his girlfriend.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

((Kitty fumbles the perception check as thoroughly as can be fumbled . . . 4 1s. If she can use search its 5 1s))

 

(( Roll(5d6)+0:

1,1,1,1,1,+0

Total:5 ))

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
The girl nods "it's good to know that there are others out there alive. For awhile I wasn't sure. For awhile I thought I was the only one left"

 

Madison sits back in the seat "what exactly happened anyway?"

 

Siemaszko thought for a moment. "All we know is that there was a chemical or biological attack on Philadelphia two weeks ago. It's possible that after us, the attack started in other cities. The Pennsylvania State Police locked up our headquarters here and sheltered in place for two weeks, and came out this morning, same as you did. So far we're not hearing a lot of activity, either locally or otherwise. But we've only been looking for a few hours, now. It's possible that communications were impacted - maybe another form of attack, maybe suicide bombers hitting the relay towers or something. So basically we don't know. But we're going to find out. In the meantime, we're going to try to find other people and stick together, and put together what each of us knows in order to puzzle this out."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
"HELLOOOOOO!!!" Steve calls again, more insistently. "Man, I hated hospitals before, but now this place gives me the creeps." He looks down each darkened corridor for any sign of life. He heads over to the check-in station and snatches the ledger from desk. Steve flips through the book looking for anything that might make mention of his girlfriend.

 

When Steve yells Hello his voice echos through the empty room. He looks down the hallway through the windows in the door and sees a long hallway with rooms to his right and left, many rooms to the right (most likely exam rooms) and 2 rooms to the left. Beyond the rooms on the left is a large opening and a large desk, a nurses station. You see various equipment in the hall, a gurrney, a wheelchair and various other equipment.

 

The hall, like the waiting area you are in is barely light, other then the daylight throw the windows and the few emergency lights that are on (every 3 florecent lights).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
((Kitty fumbles the perception check as thoroughly as can be fumbled . . . 4 1s. If she can use search its 5 1s))

 

(( Roll(5d6)+0:

1,1,1,1,1,+0

Total:5 ))

 

You are not sure where the sound came from. You are standing in the middle of this large room. To your left is a large solid wall with cases against it. To your right is another wall, with a small balcony at either end.

Under each balcony is a small entry into another room. between the doorway are more display cases

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Siemaszko thought for a moment. "All we know is that there was a chemical or biological attack on Philadelphia two weeks ago. It's possible that after us, the attack started in other cities. The Pennsylvania State Police locked up our headquarters here and sheltered in place for two weeks, and came out this morning, same as you did. So far we're not hearing a lot of activity, either locally or otherwise. But we've only been looking for a few hours, now. It's possible that communications were impacted - maybe another form of attack, maybe suicide bombers hitting the relay towers or something. So basically we don't know. But we're going to find out. In the meantime, we're going to try to find other people and stick together, and put together what each of us knows in order to puzzle this out."

 

"Oh god" Madison said, leaning back in her seat "how could this happen without our government knowing? They bug conversations, they have spies everywhere. How could this have happened?"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Kitty will check in the first doorway under a balcony (or the leftmost one if there isnt a first one)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
"Oh god" Madison said, leaning back in her seat "how could this happen without our government knowing? They bug conversations, they have spies everywhere. How could this have happened?"

 

 

Siemaszko drove on, thinking about what she'd just said.

 

"Well, Madison, if they knew it, they didn't act soon enough. It's happened before - maybe they had an idea something big was coming, but didn't know what. Maybe they had fighter jets in the air looking for hijacked airliners and they, the bad guys, I mean, released the chemicals from a tanker truck or something. But there's people around that might be able to help us figure it out and come back from it. That's happened before too. Just don't give up hope."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Kitty will check in the first doorway under a balcony (or the leftmost one if there isnt a first one)

 

Kitty looks in the room, it is a small gallery room full of historic Philadelphia artifacts. It goes back a bit and dead ends. There is a wood door with a sign that says "employees only" and from what she can see the door seems to be locked.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Siemaszko drove on, thinking about what she'd just said.

 

"Well, Madison, if they knew it, they didn't act soon enough. It's happened before - maybe they had an idea something big was coming, but didn't know what. Maybe they had fighter jets in the air looking for hijacked airliners and they, the bad guys, I mean, released the chemicals from a tanker truck or something. But there's people around that might be able to help us figure it out and come back from it. That's happened before too. Just don't give up hope."

 

Madison seems to become more positive "You are right, it doesnt matter why it happened, it happened. We just need to do what we can to help get things back in order. I will do whatever I can to help"

 

You pull into the parking lot of the police station where the other officer was supposed to be. The parking lot is full of police cars, the cars dusty from not moving for two weeks (and perhaps the chemical that was released). There is no sign of life anywhere.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

She goes and knocks on the door

 

Also she glances over the historical artifacts to see if any of them are perchance a historical revolutionary war sword (she doesnt take the sword if their is one, but does make note of it)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Madison seems to become more positive "You are right, it doesnt matter why it happened, it happened. We just need to do what we can to help get things back in order. I will do whatever I can to help"

 

You pull into the parking lot of the police station where the other officer was supposed to be. The parking lot is full of police cars, the cars dusty from not moving for two weeks (and perhaps the chemical that was released). There is no sign of life anywhere.

 

 

Slowing the car down to about 3 mph, Siemaszko pulls the mic from the dash and keys it. "Officer Harper, this is Trooper Siemaszko, do you copy, over?"

 

He listened to that damnable silence, save for the hiss of static, for a few long moments, then switched over to loudspeaker.

 

"Officer Tony Harper of the Philadelphia Police Department, this is Trooper John Siemaszko of the Pennsylvania State Police. Please show yourself."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
When Steve yells Hello his voice echos through the empty room. He looks down the hallway through the windows in the door and sees a long hallway with rooms to his right and left, many rooms to the right (most likely exam rooms) and 2 rooms to the left. Beyond the rooms on the left is a large opening and a large desk, a nurses station. You see various equipment in the hall, a gurrney, a wheelchair and various other equipment.

 

The hall, like the waiting area you are in is barely light, other then the daylight throw the windows and the few emergency lights that are on (every 3 florecent lights).

 

As his eyes connect with the nurse's station, Steve perks up a little. Ignoring the dim lighting and emptiness of the building he heads over to the large desk in search of anything that might give a clue as to what's going on. "There's gotta be a shift schedule or duty roster here somewhere. Something! Anything!" He starts flipping through papers on the desk and only finds vague notes and scraps. Steve looks up from the desk and spies the computer monitor. "It's all in there! Dammit! They put all that crap on the computer and now it's just a big paperweight!" He cursed at the now useless machine and slumped into the chair.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
She goes and knocks on the door

 

Also she glances over the historical artifacts to see if any of them are perchance a historical revolutionary war sword (she doesnt take the sword if their is one, but does make note of it)

 

Kitty knocks on the door and hears nothing but an echo. She is looks at the swords while she wait (Want to do a Knowledge roll??))

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Slowing the car down to about 3 mph, Siemaszko pulls the mic from the dash and keys it. "Officer Harper, this is Trooper Siemaszko, do you copy, over?"

 

He listened to that damnable silence, save for the hiss of static, for a few long moments, then switched over to loudspeaker.

 

"Officer Tony Harper of the Philadelphia Police Department, this is Trooper John Siemaszko of the Pennsylvania State Police. Please show yourself."

 

Trooper Simeaszko gets no reponse, all he and Madison hear is the echo of the loundspeaker.

 

They are both looking in the direction of the police station when they are both startled by a pounding on the passenger side window

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
As his eyes connect with the nurse's station, Steve perks up a little. Ignoring the dim lighting and emptiness of the building he heads over to the large desk in search of anything that might give a clue as to what's going on. "There's gotta be a shift schedule or duty roster here somewhere. Something! Anything!" He starts flipping through papers on the desk and only finds vague notes and scraps. Steve looks up from the desk and spies the computer monitor. "It's all in there! Dammit! They put all that crap on the computer and now it's just a big paperweight!" He cursed at the now useless machine and slumped into the chair.

 

He walks behind the desk and looks around, there is a lot of paperwork, sign in sheets, patient information as well as a shift schedule, he sees his girlfriends name on the schedule.

 

So she should be here.

 

The desk pointing to the waiting area is shapped like an arrow, with flat tip, on either side is a computer terminal (both off- no power). In the rear on the left or right side are cabinets for storage. In the very back is a door, probably to the other section of the hospital beyond the doors.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
He walks behind the desk and looks around, there is a lot of paperwork, sign in sheets, patient information as well as a shift schedule, he sees his girlfriends name on the schedule.

 

So she should be here.

 

The desk pointing to the waiting area is shapped like an arrow, with flat tip, on either side is a computer terminal (both off- no power). In the rear on the left or right side are cabinets for storage. In the very back is a door, probably to the other section of the hospital beyond the doors.

 

He snaps up the shift schedule and feverishly looks for any hint of where she might be. With his nose still buried in the paper, he gets up and heads through the door... deeper into the bowels of the hospital.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

((Sure. Knowledge!))

Raw knowledge, 10 on 3d6 (wild 2 for everything)

If scholar, 13 on 4d6

If scholar: martial arts 23 on 6d6

If Know + Swords, 24 on 7d6

 

Roll(6d6)+0:

2,3,5,3,6,4,+0

Total:23

 

Roll(1d6)+0:

1,+0

Total:1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
((Sure. Knowledge!))

Raw knowledge, 10 on 3d6 (wild 2 for everything)

If scholar, 13 on 4d6

If scholar: martial arts 23 on 6d6

If Know + Swords, 24 on 7d6

 

Roll(6d6)+0:

2,3,5,3,6,4,+0

Total:23

 

Roll(1d6)+0:

1,+0

Total:1

 

After looking over the swords there are no swords that meet her requirements. After a couple of minutes there has been no response to her knock.

 

As she is looking over the artifacts she hears the noise again from the distance

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
He snaps up the shift schedule and feverishly looks for any hint of where she might be. With his nose still buried in the paper, he gets up and heads through the door... deeper into the bowels of the hospital.

 

Stve looks at the schedule and sees that his girlfriend should be stationed at the main nurses station in the emergency room area (the large desk he saw through the window in the door).

 

When he walks through the door he finds himself in a small hallway that vears to your left. You walk down the hall and find yourself in the hallway on the other side of the double doors you peered through.

 

You are probably 100 feet away from the main nurses station

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Kitty is a bit disapointed at the swords. She looks about as she hears the noise again, trying to place it

 

((Search, 24 . . . 6 on Wild Die. The bottom roll is the first one, where got the 6. Then I somehow rolled 5d again instead of 1d for wild die rerolling, so took the 3 as it was the first one))

Roll(5d6)+0:

3,5,6,4,4,+0

Total:22

 

Roll(5d6)+0:

6,3,6,2,4,+0

Total:21

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Stve looks at the schedule and sees that his girlfriend should be stationed at the main nurses station in the emergency room area (the large desk he saw through the window in the door).

 

When he walks through the door he finds himself in a small hallway that vears to your left. You walk down the hall and find yourself in the hallway on the other side of the double doors you peered through.

 

You are probably 100 feet away from the main nurses station

 

((What's the most recent date on the shift schedule?))

 

Steve looks up and picks up his pace as he heads towards the main nurse's station. There were over 20 names on the shift schedule, surely someone was still around? The sound of his footsteps echoed through the halls and his sneakers squeaked as he came to a halt at the nurse's station.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Kitty is a bit disapointed at the swords. She looks about as she hears the noise again, trying to place it

 

((Search, 24 . . . 6 on Wild Die. The bottom roll is the first one, where got the 6. Then I somehow rolled 5d again instead of 1d for wild die rerolling, so took the 3 as it was the first one))

Roll(5d6)+0:

3,5,6,4,4,+0

Total:22

 

Roll(5d6)+0:

6,3,6,2,4,+0

Total:21

 

From what Kitty can tell its coming from inside the building in the direction of the other balcony. She has a decent idea that the sound is coming from the second floor, other side

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0