Jump to content
D6 Online 3.0
Sign in to follow this  
The Game Guy

[D6 Post Apoco] In Character Posts

Recommended Posts

Harper waited for a reply from John but nothing,

He then tried to radio the people back at the bunker the update to the current situation, nothing as well, Damn Radio not worth sh**

maybe something was interfering with the radio signal,

maybe, maybe, maybe,

but it would explain alot,

 

But could not leave the are until he heard more from john,

he knew John had his current local, so waiting was the best option right now,

He didn't fancy going back to the station, the smell of the bodies...

 

So stayed with his vehical,

 

Out of the corner of his eye he spotted movement. he couldnt make out exactly what the movement was or whether it was even human or not, but there was movemenet.

 

Whatever it was, it ducked behind an large old warehouse

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
You wait for a couple of moments but you dont see any sign of life. Whoever or whatever it was continued down the hill

 

Siemaszko spent the next minute quietly muttering the Call of Honor to himself. "I am a Pennsylvania State Trooper, a soldier of the law... To me is entrusted the honor of the force..."

 

He scanned the hillside, watched every movement of the leaves.

 

"I must serve honestly, faithfully, and if need be, lay down my life as others have done before me, rather than swerve from the path of duty... It is my duty to obey the law and to enforce it without any consideration of class, color, creed or condition... "

 

What the Hell was going on? There were too many questions. How widespread was this? Were Dad and Mom okay? Nothing against Philly, but he hoped it was only here...

 

He pulled the tape tabs around the hood of the HazMat suit, lifted the helmet off. Slowly, experimentally, sucked in air. Good air. Breathing deeper, he turned off the air tank - never know when it might be needed later - and put the helmet in the shotgun seat. He grabbed "the Big Hat" - Pennsylvania State Troopers did not wear badges on their uniforms, but many a child aspired to someday wear the Big Hat, much as he had watching his Dad come home from work when he was small... he had no idea what he had seen off the road. Maybe it was a bear. Sometimes they'd find their way into civilization if the noise and activity of men was minimal. He remembered the chatter of truckers on their radios when one had spotted his car along a shoulder, riding the radar. "Smokey Bear" they'd call him, because Smokey wore the Big Hat too.

 

He finished the oath, feeling every part The Bear.

 

"It is also my duty to be of service to anyone who may be in danger or distress, and at all times so conduct myself that the honor of the force may be upheld."

 

Siemaszko reached into the HazMat suit down the now open collar, retrieved his sunglasses from the shirt pocket of his uniform. Put them on. Now, he was ready to work.

 

Okay, Officer Tony Harper. Sure hope you've got some damned answers...

 

Accelerator, this is Floor; Floor, this is Accelerator.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Out of the corner of his eye he spotted movement. he couldnt make out exactly what the movement was or whether it was even human or not, but there was movemenet.

 

Whatever it was, it ducked behind an large old warehouse

 

Hu?

Harper kept an eye on the motions direction and started up the patrol car, he slowly rolled the vehical over towards the area he saw the "thing" move, signs of life could be a source of information, could be a dog, could be a person..either way he made a conscious check of his weapon, in this bizzare environment it was better safe than sorry,

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Steve cocked his head to light his cigarette and heard a noise off in the distance. "Well, SOMEBODY'S out and about." He exhaled a cloud of smoke as he pondered his options and headed north away from the Clifton Heights WaWa. He came up to Baltimore Ave. "What the heck, might as well see if my girl's still around." With that he took a right and started the long walk towards Children's Hospital. Jenny was a nurse there and it couldn't hurt to see if she was ok, even if her father had found her first and was there waiting.

 

The heat was oppressive as the noontime sun approached. Steve slung the bat into his backpack and twisted the top off another soda. Abandoned cars were all along the street. Storefronts were dark and there wasn't a sign of life in any direction. (Save the noise he heard coming from the northeast, in the direction of the Hospital and coincidentally, I-76.)

 

He whistled as he walked and took occasional swigs from the soda, sweat dripping down his face and back. Passing a Silver 2008 Ford Mustang, he let forth a sharp "hey, good lookin'!" whistle.

 

He stopped mid-stride. "What the heck am I doing WALKING with all these cars just waiting for me?!?" He pulled the driver's side door handle. Locked. "Dammit!" He reached for the baseball bat, but paused. "Nah, this one's too pretty to smash the window in..." He patted the top of the roof. "That's ok, baby, I'll find me another one."

 

((Rolled a 9 (with a 2 on the Wild Die) on Search 4D for a "suitable" target. That is, an unlocked car with the keys still in ignition. Anything he doesn't really have to "work" to get.))

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Possibly some kind of Philadelphian holiday? What to do on a holiday in Philadelphia . . . the Liberty Bell is in Philadelphia, and that would be pretty cool to see

 

Kitty sets out that way (or at least the direction she thinks it is, 9 on knowledge check of 3d. Cultural Unfamiliarity might hurt here)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

(Driving roll - 5D6+2 = 22 (6 on the Wild Die, followed by a 3! Thank you, Rancorpit! :D )

 

Siemaszko found himself almost enjoying the "road conditions" - he set the radio to scan, hoping to find more activity, someone on the air and talking. Finding nothing on the Police Bands (which was odd, given that as many as thirty State Troopers had hit the streets alongside him this morning... perhaps the tower at the station was down?), he reached down to the radio in the car. Technically while on duty it was not to be used, but this seemed an exception. He wasn't interested in music or talk radio, just information. He set the dashboard radio to "seek" on the AM Bands...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Hu?

Harper kept an eye on the motions direction and started up the patrol car, he slowly rolled the vehical over towards the area he saw the "thing" move, signs of life could be a source of information, could be a dog, could be a person..either way he made a conscious check of his weapon, in this bizzare environment it was better safe than sorry,

 

Your patrol car pulls up to an alley between the two buildings that make up the old factory. The Alley is long and narrow, but wide enough for a vehicle or two to drive down. You see a catwalk above that spans between the two buildings. At the end you see another building and see that the road t's off either left or right. There is an entry to the building on the right (a small l shaped cemet stairway with a railing) and trash strewen around.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Possibly some kind of Philadelphian holiday? What to do on a holiday in Philadelphia . . . the Liberty Bell is in Philadelphia, and that would be pretty cool to see

 

Kitty sets out that way (or at least the direction she thinks it is, 9 on knowledge check of 3d. Cultural Unfamiliarity might hurt here)

 

Kitty heads deeper into the city and in the direction she thinks the liberty bell is. The building are dark, there are abandoned cars everywhere and trash blowing around. The newsstands and hot dog carts sit, still set up as if their owners had to leave all of a sudden and just abandoned them.

 

It is quiet, except for the sound of the wind she hears from time to time

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Steve cocked his head to light his cigarette and heard a noise off in the distance. "Well, SOMEBODY'S out and about." He exhaled a cloud of smoke as he pondered his options and headed north away from the Clifton Heights WaWa. He came up to Baltimore Ave. "What the heck, might as well see if my girl's still around." With that he took a right and started the long walk towards Children's Hospital. Jenny was a nurse there and it couldn't hurt to see if she was ok, even if her father had found her first and was there waiting.

 

The heat was oppressive as the noontime sun approached. Steve slung the bat into his backpack and twisted the top off another soda. Abandoned cars were all along the street. Storefronts were dark and there wasn't a sign of life in any direction. (Save the noise he heard coming from the northeast, in the direction of the Hospital and coincidentally, I-76.)

 

He whistled as he walked and took occasional swigs from the soda, sweat dripping down his face and back. Passing a Silver 2008 Ford Mustang, he let forth a sharp "hey, good lookin'!" whistle.

 

He stopped mid-stride. "What the heck am I doing WALKING with all these cars just waiting for me?!?" He pulled the driver's side door handle. Locked. "Dammit!" He reached for the baseball bat, but paused. "Nah, this one's too pretty to smash the window in..." He patted the top of the roof. "That's ok, baby, I'll find me another one."

 

((Rolled a 9 (with a 2 on the Wild Die) on Search 4D for a "suitable" target. That is, an unlocked car with the keys still in ignition. Anything he doesn't really have to "work" to get.))

 

Steve finds a white Honda Civic with the keys still hanging from the ignition. The car is very clean and from the various items you see (Lipstick, various change, graduation tassle hanging from the rearview mirror) it is clear that this vehicle belonged to a women.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
(Driving roll - 5D6+2 = 22 (6 on the Wild Die, followed by a 3! Thank you, Rancorpit! :D )

 

Siemaszko found himself almost enjoying the "road conditions" - he set the radio to scan, hoping to find more activity, someone on the air and talking. Finding nothing on the Police Bands (which was odd, given that as many as thirty State Troopers had hit the streets alongside him this morning... perhaps the tower at the station was down?), he reached down to the radio in the car. Technically while on duty it was not to be used, but this seemed an exception. He wasn't interested in music or talk radio, just information. He set the dashboard radio to "seek" on the AM Bands...

 

Siemaszko got around the various abandoned vehicles and hit a patch of clear road. He looked down at his dashboard to work with the radio when out of the corner of his eye he spots a figure, a human figure by the side of the road.

 

He is moving so fast he passes the figure and can barely tell if it was male or female

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Siemaszko got around the various abandoned vehicles and hit a patch of clear road. He looked down at his dashboard to work with the radio when out of the corner of his eye he spots a figure, a human figure by the side of the road.

 

He is moving so fast he passes the figure and can barely tell if it was male or female

 

Hard brake to drop from 75-ish down to around 40 mph, then Bootlegger reverse (Results for 5D+2 = Total: 23) - reorienting once pointing back the way he came (now facing the wrong way on the Interstate; hope no one's coming!)

 

If there's any sign of the person, Siemaszko will hit the magna-lock to release the shotgun and prepare to exit the car.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Kitty is not thinking it is a holiday so much anymore. She goes and checks a paper from a newsstand

 

Kitty goes to the nearest newsstand, the papers hanging and the papers sitting are blowing in the slight breeze. The date on the paper in front of you, which is The Philadelphia Inquirer is dated two weeks ago.

 

Flipping through any news you find is regular news, nothing uncommon for the newspaper.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Hard brake to drop from 75-ish down to around 40 mph, then Bootlegger reverse (Results for 5D+2 = Total: 23) - reorienting once pointing back the way he came (now facing the wrong way on the Interstate; hope no one's coming!)

 

If there's any sign of the person, Siemaszko will hit the magna-lock to release the shotgun and prepare to exit the car.

 

There is a person by the site of the road. From what you can tell, it is a young women. She is looking your way and seems pretty normal from what you can tell.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
There is a person by the site of the road. From what you can tell, it is a young women. She is looking your way and seems pretty normal from what you can tell.

 

 

Deciding against the shotgun, Trooper Siemaszko replaces it in the magna-lock and re-secures it. Then, pulling over to the shoulder, stopping a short distance from the girl and opening the drivers-side door, he steps onto the shoulder, hand hovering near his holster behind the car door.

 

"Are you all right, ma'am?"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Deciding against the shotgun, Trooper Siemaszko replaces it in the magna-lock and re-secures it. Then, pulling over to the shoulder, stopping a short distance from the girl and opening the drivers-side door, he steps onto the shoulder, hand hovering near his holster behind the car door.

 

"Are you all right, ma'am?"

 

"Yes, thank god. It's good to see another human being". The girl is tall, 5'10 and thin. She has shoulder length dirty blonde hair braided and pulled over her shoulder and tied with blue cloth, her eyes as blue as the ocean glow in the afternoon sun. "What is happening? Where is everyone?"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
"Yes, thank god. It's good to see another human being". The girl is tall, 5'10 and thin. She has shoulder length dirty blonde hair braided and pulled over her shoulder and tied with blue cloth, her eyes as blue as the ocean glow in the afternoon sun. "What is happening? Where is everyone?"

 

Trooper Siemaszko wondered whether this girl had just emerged from sheltering in place, as Troop K had this morning.

 

"How long have you been out here, ma'am? Am I the first emergency responder that you've seen?"

 

(Can I roll streetwise to see if I'm getting any weird vibe off the girl, any nervousness like maybe she's the distraction for an ambush?)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looking over the Honda Civic, Steve shrugged. "Oh well, at least it's an easy mark." He hopped into the driver's seat and turned the key in the ignition. The little engine hummed to life. He rolled down the windows and proceeded to toss everything out that even hinted at being "girly."

"Ahh, much better." The small vehicle lurched ahead as he stepped on the gas and resumed his trip to the hospital.

 

((1 - the gas tank is nearly empty, 2 - quarter tank left, 3,4 - half a tank, 5 - three quarters full, 6 - full tank: Rolled a 2. So a quarter tank left... Not that Steve's noticed yet. lol))

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Kitty folds the newspaper again and puts it back where she found it, and resumes heading toward where she thinks the Liberty Bell is . . . not only does it seem like a cool thing to visit, it is the most important thing she can think of concerning Philadelphia, so, whatever is going on may have stuff going on around there

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Trooper Siemaszko wondered whether this girl had just emerged from sheltering in place, as Troop K had this morning.

 

"How long have you been out here, ma'am? Am I the first emergency responder that you've seen?"

 

(Can I roll streetwise to see if I'm getting any weird vibe off the girl, any nervousness like maybe she's the distraction for an ambush?)

 

She shakes her head yes at the question of being the first emergency responder she has seen "I live close by but my parents were away when it happened, whatever happened. I finally got the nerve to leave the house today"

 

((You can roll for vibe, ambush, etc))

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Looking over the Honda Civic, Steve shrugged. "Oh well, at least it's an easy mark." He hopped into the driver's seat and turned the key in the ignition. The little engine hummed to life. He rolled down the windows and proceeded to toss everything out that even hinted at being "girly."

"Ahh, much better." The small vehicle lurched ahead as he stepped on the gas and resumed his trip to the hospital.

 

((1 - the gas tank is nearly empty, 2 - quarter tank left, 3,4 - half a tank, 5 - three quarters full, 6 - full tank: Rolled a 2. So a quarter tank left... Not that Steve's noticed yet. lol))

 

Steve pitches everything "Girly like" out the winow, the sound of the engine starting echos down the quiet street. After waiting a moment he sees that the sound of the engine hasnt attracted anyones attention and no one has popped out.

 

Where is he going?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Kitty folds the newspaper again and puts it back where she found it, and resumes heading toward where she thinks the Liberty Bell is . . . not only does it seem like a cool thing to visit, it is the most important thing she can think of concerning Philadelphia, so, whatever is going on may have stuff going on around there

 

Kitty finally arrives where the liberty bell is. She crosses the street and stands on the sidewalk, looking around. The roads are quiet, the buildings are all dark and there is no sign of life anywhere.

 

Cars sit abandonded by the side of the road and she can hear the sound of the wind and nothing else. The building where the liberty bell is housed is probably 100 yards away

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
She shakes her head yes at the question of being the first emergency responder she has seen "I live close by but my parents were away when it happened, whatever happened. I finally got the nerve to leave the house today"

 

((You can roll for vibe, ambush, etc))

 

(Results for 4D+1 = Total: 13)

 

"We'll see if maybe we can find your folks, okay? I'm heading south to meet up with another police officer; would you like to come along? Plenty of room in the back seat - you don't even have to wear handcuffs."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Kitty is surprised that noone seems to be here . . . still, after getting here she isnt about to not actually see the bell. She picks up the pace and skips some with excitement as she heads to cross those last 100 yards

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Where is he going?

 

Steve turns the car northeast and goes slow at first, reacquainting himself with driving. As he dodges abandoned vehicles on Baltimore Ave he leans down and turns on the radio. Nothing. "Man, that figures." Steve laments as he sticks his arm out the window. "A beautiful summer drive, but no tunes." He steeled himself behind the wheel and edged the gas pedal lower.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

×