D6 Online 3.0
Sign in to follow this  
The Game Guy

[D6 Post Apoco] Out of Character Discussion

pathfinderap    10

It doesn't matter about it being wordy in the beginning, more so a setting like this that doesn't start with alot of information, but later it can slow things down alittle, best posts are short and frequent

pathfinderap    10
That'll be easier when we're all together and can share the narration. Hang in there, Harper!

No it best posts are short and frequent when the game gets up to speed because once you start interacting with the other PC's if you write a large block of several paragraphs you tend to shut out the other players choices

Keep it short so you can give the other person a chance to react,

Keep it frequent to push the story forward,

Rerun941    12
No it best posts are short and frequent when the game gets up to speed because once you start interacting with the other PC's if you write a large block of several paragraphs you tend to shut out the other players choices

I've been shooting for two paragraphs: First paragraph is the character's reaction to a situation that's been presented. Second paragraph describes what my character does next and ends at a point where he'd needs to make a roll or let another character react to his action.

Lee Torres    10

That's what I just said. Once we're together it'll be easier to keep it short and frequent. Right now we need to wait for feedback because we're in the "first reel" of our cooperative motion picture, and no one knows what's going on. Once we're together and start to get more information, I'm sure it'll fly along much faster.

For example, potential later post:

Loading solid slugs, Siemaszko cocks and levels the shotgun at the Cyberman, yelling "Harper! Get down!"

See what I'm sayin'? ;)

The Game Guy    10

Just a headsup- Pathfinder wont be back until tommorrow night. I know that Lee was in communication with his charaacter.

I am not sure how you want to handle this. He will be back by tommorrow 8PM.

Do you want to continue and work around his not being here?

Lee Torres    10

Yes, let's continue - I was heading towards Harper's location, but hadn't got there yet. Either I can encounter someone else first or have adventures on the surface streets down his way.

Lee Torres    10

If I drop a crown vic to around 40 mph, what's the difficulty for a bootlegger reverse? With pathfinderap out until evening, I might as well get in some trouble...

The Game Guy    10
If I drop a crown vic to around 40 mph, what's the difficulty for a bootlegger reverse? With pathfinderap out until evening, I might as well get in some trouble...

It probably would be a medium difficulty. It shouldnt be too hard, you are just more or less trying to make the turn without flipping the car over (that would be bad).

The Game Guy    10
I'm starting to dread rolling anything other than driving - I bet my first roll to shoot at something will be all 1s or something... :eek:

I am only going to make you roll when its something impressive that you are trying to accomplish.

Lee Torres    10

I hope so too - at this point, finding him or heading back to HQ are pretty much my only two logical options.

Unless there's a National Guard Armory or Military base around I might know about? Would Streetwise cover that?

The Game Guy    10
I hope so too - at this point, finding him or heading back to HQ are pretty much my only two logical options.

Well you could look for other survivors or try to connect to others.

Unless there's a National Guard Armory or Military base around I might know about? Would Streetwise cover that?

One of the closest ones you know of off the top of your head is the Willow Grove naval air force base.

As for Pathfinder, I am going to email him and let him know it can come back.

The Game Guy    10

Somehow the characters have become a mess and are uneven. So I think I would like to get the character situation strightened out before we move forward any further.

Attributes: Everyone Starts with the base 18 dice to distribute among the 7 attributes. The max for each attribute is 5d

Skills: Everyone Starts with the base of 7 dice to distribute among their skills. The max to add to any skill is 3d.

Soft Cap: The soft cap for a skill is double the attribute: Thus if you have an attribute of 3, your softcap is 6. After the softcap skills cost double to buy.

Bonus Die: to represent experience each player gets 6 more dice to distribute towards stats and skills.

Characters can buy disavantages and advantages as normal.

If you have any questions please let me know

Sign in to follow this