Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
The Game Guy

[D6 Post Apoco] Out of Character Discussion

122 posts in this topic

Ready when you are, TGG.

Ok, when I get the chance in a little bit I will post the opening scene in the In Character thread.

Driving directions to 6448 Woodland Ave, Philadelphia, PA 19142

7.9 mi – about 17 mins

2201 Belmont Ave., Philadelphia, PA 19131

1. Head south on Belmont Ave toward Parkside Ave N 0.7 mi

2. Turn left at Montgomery Dr 0.4 mi

3. Slight right to merge onto I-76 E

Partial toll road 3.9 mi

4. Take exit 346B for University Ave toward Grays Ferry Ave 0.2 mi

5. Turn left at S 34th St 0.3 mi

6. Turn right at Grays Ferry Ave 0.7 mi

7. Turn right at S 48th St 417 ft

8. Turn left at Woodland Ave

Destination will be on the left 1.6 mi

6448 Woodland Ave., Philadelphia, PA 19142

Also, is there a good alternate route that avoids the troublesome being killed along the way? :D

Where exactly are you heading Lee?

*Edit* I read the In Character Thread. Never Mind. You most likely wont run into any problems

Hey, TGG - I had a brain misfire the other day, and it didn't occur to me to check the Wikipedia for info on the PSP - it appears that I've got the weapons wrong (see below) - is it too late to switch? Shotgun should just be a name change - but the .45 Glock would replace the .357 S&W.

Weapons

The department recently adopted the Glock Model 37 semi automatic pistol chambered in .45 GAP as their service pistol. This replaced their Beretta 96 pistols in .40 S&W. Other firearms include the AR-15, 12-gauge shotguns (including the Remington 870 pump and 1187 semi auto), and gas grenade launcher.

Less-Lethal Weapons

The current less-lethal weapons the PSP is utilizing consists of Taser technology [12], Pepper spray (OC) and expandable ASP baton.

If it's too late because we've started, that's cool.

I found this weapon in my archives, which is as close as I found to stats for a .45 caliber Glock...

SigSauer P220

Skill: Marksmanship

Scale: Character

Caliber: .45ACP

Damage: 4D

Reload: 7

Range: 1-10/45/90

Created By LGD/Mark Whalley

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pennsylvania_State_Police

Does dispatch even exist anymore? lol

Lee, did you live in Philly in the past? cuz I'm just going to have to give some generic location info for my character. I've never lived in Philly, nor have I ever visited there.

I was figuring on the folks at the building I'd just left, as opposed to the Statewide ones...

I've never lived in Philadelphia; visited it a few times when I lived in Virginia, but I hit Google Maps after getting the address for Troop K, which I found after Googling the Pennsylvania State Police.

Here's a map to help - Harper is at Paschall to the south, and I'm at Overbrook - zoom around and find somewhere you want to be - if you want to place yourself along my route to Harper, I could pick you up!

<iframe width="425" height="350" frameborder="0" scrolling="no" marginheight="0" marginwidth="0" src="http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&source=s_d&saddr=6448+Woodland+Ave,+Philadelphia,+PA+19142&daddr=2201+Belmont+Ave,+Philadelphia,+PA+19131&hl=en&geocode=&mra=ls&sll=39.996504,-75.218325&sspn=0.007973,0.015771&g=2201+Belmont+Ave,+Philadelphia,+PA+19131&ie=UTF8&t=h&ll=39.95613,-75.207125&spn=0.07842,0.05391&output=embed"></iframe><br /><small><a href="http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&source=embed&saddr=6448+Woodland+Ave,+Philadelphia,+PA+19142&daddr=2201+Belmont+Ave,+Philadelphia,+PA+19131&hl=en&geocode=&mra=ls&sll=39.996504,-75.218325&sspn=0.007973,0.015771&g=2201+Belmont+Ave,+Philadelphia,+PA+19131&ie=UTF8&t=h&ll=39.95613,-75.207125&spn=0.07842,0.05391" style="color:#0000FF;text-align:left">View Larger Map</a></small>

<http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&source=s_d&saddr=6448+Woodland+Ave,+Philadelphia,+PA+19142&daddr=2201+Belmont+Ave,+Philadelphia,+PA+19131&hl=en&geocode=&mra=ls&sll=39.996504,-75.218325&sspn=0.007973,0.015771&g=2201+Belmont+Ave,+Philadelphia,+PA+19131&ie=UTF8&t=h&z=12>

Start address: 6448 Woodland Ave Philadelphia, PA 19142

End address: 2201 Belmont Ave Philadelphia, PA 19131

Start at: 6448 Woodland Ave Philadelphia, PA 19142

1. Head northeast on Woodland Ave toward S Simpson St - 0.2 mi

2. Turn right at S 63rd St - 1.1 mi

3. Turn left at Passyunk Ave - 1.4 mi

4. Turn left at W Oregon Ave/Vare Ave - 49 ft

5. Take the ramp onto I-76 W Partial toll road - 5.4 mi

6. Take exit 341 for Montgomery Dr toward W River Dr - 0.3 mi

7. Turn left at Montgomery Dr - 0.5 mi

8. Turn right at Belmont Ave Destination will be on the right - 0.7 mi

Arrive at: 2201 Belmont Ave Philadelphia, PA 19131

Here's a map to help - Harper is at Paschall to the south, and I'm at Overbrook - zoom around and find somewhere you want to be - if you want to place yourself along my route to Harper, I could pick you up!

That's cool. I think I'll just leave specifics up to the GM. I'll keep my responses generic and GG can just place my character wherever best fits the story.

By the way, I'm definitely interested in feedback on my writing. I haven't done pbp for a few years, and I'm always looking to improve my skills.

too wordy? more speaking? not enough description? stick to 3rd person or 1st person? switch between the two?

honest, constructive feedback always welcome. :)

Hey, TGG - I had a brain misfire the other day, and it didn't occur to me to check the Wikipedia for info on the PSP - it appears that I've got the weapons wrong (see below) - is it too late to switch? Shotgun should just be a name change - but the .45 Glock would replace the .357 S&W.

If it's too late because we've started, that's cool.

I found this weapon in my archives, which is as close as I found to stats for a .45 caliber Glock...

SigSauer P220

Skill: Marksmanship

Scale: Character

Caliber: .45ACP

Damage: 4D

Reload: 7

Range: 1-10/45/90

Created By LGD/Mark Whalley

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pennsylvania_State_Police

No thats cool, going forward just use the correct weapons and we wont worry about the miswording. Its a game, we arent curing cancer here. :)

Ok, I've updated my character sheet in the character sheet thread.

I've also found out what Wawa is! lol (I had never heard of that convenience store before now.)

Ok, I've updated my character sheet in the character sheet thread.

I've also found out what Wawa is! lol (I had never heard of that convenience store before now.)

Now you know. They are the big thing here (as this is where WAWA started)

Side note: I picked up my lunch today at WaWa ;)

Driving directions to 6448 Woodland Ave, Philadelphia, PA 19142

7.9 mi – about 17 mins

2201 Belmont Ave., Philadelphia, PA 19131

1. Head south on Belmont Ave toward Parkside Ave N 0.7 mi

2. Turn left at Montgomery Dr 0.4 mi

3. Slight right to merge onto I-76 E

Partial toll road 3.9 mi

4. Take exit 346B for University Ave toward Grays Ferry Ave 0.2 mi

5. Turn left at S 34th St 0.3 mi

6. Turn right at Grays Ferry Ave 0.7 mi

7. Turn right at S 48th St 417 ft

8. Turn left at Woodland Ave

Destination will be on the left 1.6 mi

6448 Woodland Ave., Philadelphia, PA 19142

Also, is there a good alternate route that avoids the troublesome being killed along the way? :D

Google is your friend LOL

Hey I'm using it, never been been to Philly,

By the way, I'm definitely interested in feedback on my writing. I haven't done pbp for a few years, and I'm always looking to improve my skills.

too wordy? more speaking? not enough description? stick to 3rd person or 1st person? switch between the two?

honest, constructive feedback always welcome. :)

Yeah thats fine, don't worry about it, its solid :D

Im rather awed by it . . . . Ive never typed so much in a PbP game as you guys do

And the 'go, start!' bit by the GM was scary and you just poof, off you went

Im rather awed by it . . . . Ive never typed so much in a PbP game as you guys do

It wasn't "poof, go" it was more like the setting was set up in the discription post and I was allowing you to determine how your characters "came into the world"

of sorts.

It wasn't "poof, go" it was more like the setting was set up in the discription post and I was allowing you to determine how your characters "came into the world"

of sorts.

I think he means starting with a blank slate, as opposed to a fleshed out setting,

where do you go from here?

Yeah . . . Im just historically inept at doing such, my normal response is sheer panic and writers block

As I think I told you on Tuesday

Yeah . . . Im just historically inept at doing such, my normal response is sheer panic and writers block

As I think I told you on Tuesday

Don't worry, ;)

I've never actually done a PbP before - my prior online experience was first at a site called AncientSites, and then at its spin-off site, PanHistoria. It was kind of interactive novel creation, and I wrote in one novel as a Taxiarchos of the Delian League in Ancient Greece, and another as the Executive Officer of a starship in the 22nd century (an original universe setting). As a result, I'm probably writing too much for the purposes of the game - I don't know - I probably should have checked other PbPs to get an idea of what I was supposed to do...

In any case, I'm enjoying it so far. Feel free to use the immortal line from "The Princess Bride" if I go out of control:

"Don't 'splain. Sum up." :D

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0