D6 Online 3.0
Sign in to follow this  
The Game Guy

[D6 Post Apoco] Out of Character Discussion

So, here's what I came up with after brainstorming some character concepts:

Criminal (obvious connection to Philly's Police Force. He used to prey upon society, but now there's no society. Has everyone turned to crime to survive?)

Doctor/Vet/Nurse (Someone in the medical profession. Trying to help, but completely overwhelmed by the collapse of civilization.)

Survivalist (that crazy neighbor with shotgon and a basement full of canned food... who knew he was right?)

Homeless Person (the ultimate survivalist? with or without mental illness)

Farmer (practical & independent. able to live off the land)

A vet could be cool ;)

I like the idea that you would be treating people, but you are only a Vet

Rough and ready, and you make do with what you have the best way you can,

Thanks for the suggestions, guys!

I must admit that I do enjoy playing engineer/tech types. (since I have an engineering degree.) And since I am a vet myself, I'd have no trouble there. lol

I guess I'm not sure if I want to play something "close to home" (like a former military engineer) or play something that's distant from myself (like a criminal).

I'm gonna paruse the d6 Adventure book and some of my post-apocalyptic type games (Rifts, Gamma World, GURPS Y2K) and see if anything jumps out at me.

So, here's what I came up with after brainstorming some character concepts:

Criminal (obvious connection to Philly's Police Force. He used to prey upon society, but now there's no society. Has everyone turned to crime to survive?)

Doctor/Vet/Nurse (Someone in the medical profession. Trying to help, but completely overwhelmed by the collapse of civilization.)

Survivalist (that crazy neighbor with shotgon and a basement full of canned food... who knew he was right?)

Homeless Person (the ultimate survivalist? with or without mental illness)

Farmer (practical & independent. able to live off the land)

I would say any of the top 3 would work fine.

I would say any of the top 3 would work fine.

Ok, I'm gonna go with a Scrounger. He was a petty criminal before the apocalypse and didn't do much more than pick pocketing, shoplifting, breaking & entering, thievery, that sort of thing. He spent some time in prison and while there and even acted as a gopher in jail.

Lemme know what you think. :)

Okay - sticking with a hybrid of my original concept (a "Mad" Max Rockatansky style pursuit driver) and pathfinderap's character, I've posted my character build in the other thread...

Okay - sticking with a hybrid of my original concept (a "Mad" Max Rockatansky style pursuit driver) and pathfinderap's character, I've posted my character build in the other thread...

Ok, with two members of the law enforcement community in the group, I just HAVE to play someone with a criminal record. Not the murdering, rampaging monster type of criminal. More of the scheming, petty theft, desperate kind.

Maybe a racer/criminal like Vin Diesel's Dominic Toretto from "The Fast & The Furious" - make for some fun action on the highways of the post-apocalyptic future... maybe with a dash of Riddick tossed in for variety.

Plus, I could have pulled you over a time or two... or tried... :cool:

Ok, I'm gonna go with a Scrounger. He was a petty criminal before the apocalypse and didn't do much more than pick pocketing, shoplifting, breaking & entering, thievery, that sort of thing. He spent some time in prison and while there and even acted as a gopher in jail.

Lemme know what you think. :)

That concept is perfect. Expecially in a lawless society of Post apoco PA

I was going to say,

It could have been interesting to make each others character in secret (skills and stats wise, not name and background) and spring it on each other,

Just as an extra layer of challenge,

just a bunch of average joes,

could of been fun lol

Well was going to polish up, (background and gear etc) but if you trust me with this later we can go NOW

No, we can wait a day or two to get going. And people can meet the

other players and act like they dont know the things they of course know.

I want to be sure everyone is ready. :)

I will probably post the opening today

I'm ready, I have the concept in mind, at least. And I can post when I take a break this afternoon.

When do you think you can have the character done?

It'd be tonight at the earliest, after I get home from work. Silly me, I didn't bring my d6 Adventure book to work. :D

I put a placeholder character sheet up.

It'd be tonight at the earliest, after I get home from work. Silly me, I didn't bring my d6 Adventure book to work. :D

I put a placeholder character sheet up.

Its cool, it gives me enough to get going. Besides, I am sure for the most part the first part of the game will be establishing what is going on.

Sign in to follow this