D6 Online 3.0
ngarrang

D6 Powers, the book

The book arrived in the mail. Despite the web site's dire warning that the book could take a LONG time to get to me, it didn't. :P Saved me a lot of money on shipping.

Over all, I approve of this book. Good stuff. I will be using it to introduce a new supers campaign to one of my gaming groups later this year. 4-color supers meets medieval time era. :)

The book arrived in the mail. Despite the web site's dire warning that the book could take a LONG time to get to me, it didn't. :P Saved me a lot of money on shipping.

I just got my email today telling me that my copy had shipped, which is strange since I got the book last week. :eek:

Over all, I approve of this book. Good stuff. I will be using it to introduce a new supers campaign to one of my gaming groups later this year. 4-color supers meets medieval time era. :)

I take it you got a copy of the new version of the book, not the older 1st edition?

If I thought I could get my group to play a superhero game I would pick this up in a second. They like the D6 system, superheros on the other hand I am not sure how they feel

Why not buy it and use it for your non super hero gaming? The book is just one big toolkit that incorporates power rules. Most games are super hero games anyway with a different veneer overlaid over the core rules;)

Things I’ve made with the book-

Jedi and other Star Wars denizens (and their equipment)

Vampires

Cyborgs

Swat teams (and all their weapons)

Aliens

Dragons and other fantasy creatures

The book is like one of those vegematic juicers you see being sold on Sunday mornings. It can do everything, even make a fruit smoothie

Why not buy it and use it for your non super hero gaming? The book is just one big toolkit that incorporates power rules. Most games are super hero games anyway with a different veneer overlaid over the core rules;)

Or you could send me a copy to review on my blog :)

I should make a few disparate character types to illustrate what the system can do in the D6 system framework.

Anyone have any suggestions?

OK, since you're taking up the challenge Mr. Grayson, a little while back we had an unfulfilled request for stats for a D6 version of the James Bond... if he lived in the Star Wars universe! Gadgets and all. Let's see ya hit that curve ball! :)

I'd also suggest, only because I've dabbled with it, coming up with the characters of:

Zorro

Mal from the Serenity crew

The Dread Pirate Roberts (both Left and Right Handed) ;)

I second this, if you think of D6 Powers as a way to set up FX systems, it can be used for almost any not too extreme setting with minimal tweaks.

In all honesty these two characters can be made with the rules in the D6 Adventure book.

The SHADOW

Lamont Cranston

Archetype: Dark Avenger

Human

Reflexes 4D, brawling 8D, climbing 5D, contortion 6D, dodge 7D, sneak 7D (+3D specialization while in shadows)

Coordination 4D, lock picking 7D, marksman 4D (+3D specialization with pistols)

Physique 3D stamina 5D

Presence 3D, charm 3D+1, con 6D, disguise 5D, intimidation 6D, persuasion 3D+1, willpower 7D

Knowledge 4D, languages 4D +1, security 7D+1

Perception 4D, artist 4D+1, hide 7D, investigation 8D, search 5D, streetwise 5D

Advantages: Ominous Demeanor R3, Wealth R4

Disadvantages: Ball and Chain R4 (Margo Lane), Enemy: The Prince of Evil (Power level 4, One man, Uncommon) R6, Secret ID R2,

Powers: Ambidextrous, Invisibility 4, Iron Will 3

Move: 10. Strength Damage: 2D. Fate Points: 1. Character Points: 5, Ka Points: 6, Body Points: 29

Equipment: Twin 45. pistols, Hat, coat and scarf

Zorro

Don Diego Vega

Archetype: Icon

Human

Reflexes 5D, acrobatics 7D, brawling 6D, climbing 5D, dodge 8D+1, jumping 6D+1, melee weapon 7D(+3D specialization with rapiers) (+3D specialization with bullwhips), riding 7D, sneak 5D+1

Coordination 3D, lock picking 3D+1, marksman 4D

Physique 3D swimming 4D

Presence 4D, charm 6D+1, con 5D, disguise 4D+1, persuasion 5D+1

Knowledge 4D, languages 4D +1, security 5D+1

Perception 4D, artist 4D+1, hide 4D+1, search 5D, tracking 4D+1

Advantages: Secret Hideout (large cave not technology), Trademark Specialization R1 with the rapier, Wealth R3

Disadvantages: Devotion R3 (to the people of California), Secret ID R2,

Powers: Combat Sense, Fast reaction 3, Luck 1

Move: 10. Strength Damage: 2D. Fate Points: 1. Character Points: 5, Ka Points: 8, Body Points: 25

Equipment: Rapier, bullwhip, and dagger

James Bond is coming….

Intriguing

If you think about it, typical high fantasy gaming is basically superheroes, but you have cleric super powers, wizard super powers, your warrior has high strength, etc.

So, my idea is to drop all pretense and just declare it 'super powers in a medieval fantasy world'. It greatly simplies many aspects of a super world when you take away the advanced technology. It definitely makes the alien robot stand out.

If you think about it, typical high fantasy gaming is basically superheroes, but you have cleric super powers, wizard super powers, your warrior has high strength, etc.

So, my idea is to drop all pretense and just declare it 'super powers in a medieval fantasy world'. It greatly simplies many aspects of a super world when you take away the advanced technology. It definitely makes the alien robot stand out.

Word;)

Legolas

Movie Version

Archetype: Bravo

Sindar Elf

Reflexes 7D (Cat Balance), acrobatics 7D+1, climbing 7D+1, dodge 10D+1, jumping 7D+1, melee weapon 7D+1, sneak 7D+1

Coordination 7D (Accuracy), marksman 10D (+3D specialization with bow), sleight of hand 7D+1, throwing 7D+1

Physique 3D , running 5D

Presence 3D, charm 3D+1, persuasion 4D+1

Knowledge 4D, languages 4D +1, security 5D+1

Perception 4D, hide 4D+1, search 5D, tracking 4D+1

Advantages: skill Minimum R4 (with marksman, throwing, sleight of hand)

Disadvantages:

Powers: Endurance 3, Fast reaction 3, Longevity, Super Sense 1, Enhanced Movement 1

Move: 10. Strength Damage: 2D. Fate Points: 1. Character Points: 5, Ka Points: 6, Body Points: 25

Equipment: Bow, arrow, and long knife

Grishnákh

Archetype: Crony

Uruk-hai

Reflexes 3D brawl 6D, dodge 3D+1, melee weapon 8D, ride 4D

Coordination 2D, throwing 3D

Physique 6D , lifting 8D, running 5D

Presence 3D, command 6D, intimidation 7D

Knowledge 2D, languages 2D +1,

Perception 3D, search 4D, tracking 5D

Advantages: Hard to Kill R1, Extra Body Points R1

Disadvantages: Employed (Sauron) R3, Strange Appearance R1,

Powers: Accelerate Healing R2, Combat Sense

Move: 10. Strength Damage: 6D. Fate Points: 1. Character Points: 5, Ka Points: 6, Body Points: 56

Equipment: Broad sword, Cruel knife

Xenomorph Alien

Archetype: Warrior

Reflexes 3D brawl 6D, climb 6D, dodge 5D, jump 5D

Coordination 2D,

Physique 3D , lifting 4D, running 5D

Presence 3D, intimidation 7D

Knowledge 2D,

Perception 2D, hide 5D, search 3D,

Advantages: Hard to Kill R1,

Disadvantages: Devotion R3 (queen), Strange Appearance R3

Powers: Combat Sense, Extra Limb 5 (strong tail), Invisibility 5 (only to infrared ), Natural Weaponry 4, Radar Sense 3, Ranged Power Attack (acid Blast, cone attack, diminished range, activated only when Alien takes 5 points or more damage), Wall Crawling, Super Leap 1

Move: 10. Strength Damage: 2D. Fate Points: 1. Character Points: 5, Ka Points: 6, Body Points: 28

Equipment: Cool shinny outfit

Hermione Jean Granger

Human

Archetype: Scientist

Reflexes 2D, climb 3D, dodge 3D, ride 3D

Coordination 2D, marksmanship 4D

Physique 2D , swimming 3D

Presence 3D, willpower 6D

Knowledge 7D (Know it All), forgery 7D+1, gadgetry 7D+1, languages 7D+1, Sorcery 8D

Perception 2D, hide 3D, investigation 6D, search 3D, know how 7D+1

Advantages: Arcane Gift R, Quick Study R3,

Disadvantages: Age R1, Hindrance R1 (social awkward charm, persuasion, con)

Powers: Sorcery 5 (focus and incantations)

Move: 10. Strength Damage: 1D. Fate Points: 1. Character Points: 5, Ka Points: 6, Body Points: 25

Equipment: Wand, books, and an otter

Miriya Parina

Zentraedi

Archetype: Warrior

Reflexes 2D, brawl 5D (+3D specialization in mecha), dodge 6D (+3D specialization in mecha), melee combat 7D (+3D specialization in mecha),

Coordination 3D, marksmanship 4D (+3D specialization in mecha), piloting 6D (+3D specialization in mecha),

Physique 3D ,

Presence 3D, command 7D, con, 5D, intimidation 6D, willpower 5D

Knowledge 3D , demolitions 4D, navigation 6D, security 4D, tech 5D

Perception 3D, know-how 4D, repair 6D, tracking 4D

Advantages: Authority R2 (Captain rank), Good Looks R2

Disadvantages: Cultural Unfamiliarity R3, Employed R3 (Captain in Zentraedi Space Force), Overconfident R1

Powers: Size Manipulation 7 (growth only, always on)

Move: 10. Strength Damage: 2D. Fate Points: 1. Character Points: 5, Ka Points: 6, Body Points: 28

Equipment:

Zentraedi Power Armor

Physique 7D (shock Wave)

Scale :14

Crew: 1

Passengers: 0

Cargo Capacity:1 tonne

Supplies: 1 Week

Range: 10k kilometers

Maneuverability: +3D

Space Move: 24

Terrestrial Move: 110 khp

Hull: 5D

Sensors: 1k kilometers, +2D

Weapons-

Dual Auto Cannons

Scale: Ship

Arc: Forward arc

Fire Control: +0D

Space Range: 2/4/8

Damage: 3D

Triple Pulse laser Cannons

Arc: Mounted in arms, consider turreted

Fire Control: +2D

Space Range: 2/5/10

Damage: 6D+1

Missile Pod

Arc: Forward

Fire Control: +0D

Space Range: 5/10/20

Damage: 10D+2 (per salvo)

Ammo: 10 shots

Stormbringer

Runesword

Toughness: 5D, Physique 4D, Reflex 4D

Damage: 5D+2 (armor piercing)

Skill: Melee 7D

Disadvantage: Quirk R3 Friend Betrayer (will try and take the life of the wielders nearest Ally)

Powers: Fast reaction (only for defensive actions), Vampirism 10

(body points)

Modifiers: One of a Kind (Runesword), Device regenerates, Obvious