D6 Online 3.0
The Game Guy

[D6] Aliens D6

I just wanted to let everyone know that I am still working on the Aliens D6 conversion (which I have talked about a bit in my blog) and I am always looking for input on things people would like to see in the conversion.

When its ready I will let people download it, tell me how it can be approved and then make changes as needed

Sounds good. I'm interested to see what you come up with. I've done an alien up once, a while back, but never really did much more with it. So it will be interesting to see what all you come up with.

Sounds good. I'm interested to see what you come up with. I've done an alien up once, a while back, but never really did much more with it. So it will be interesting to see what all you come up with.

There seems to be some real interest in it which is cool. I really started the project after watching the movie Aliens and thinking "That would make a real cook rpg using D6". The fact that others are interested in it is very cool.

Just an update- still working on this, but I have also been contacted by a game company to do some for-hire conversions of their material that was in D20.

So this project may be slowed down a little bit. But it is not dead, it is a project I am passionate about.

I have also been contacted by a game company to do some for-hire conversions of their material that was in D20.

Wha? Who has contacted you to convert what from d20 to what system? If you don't mind me asking. :)

Wha? Who has contacted you to convert what from d20 to what system? If you don't mind me asking. :)

Comstar Games is the name of the company that has contacted me and has me doing the conversions.

I hope more game companies follow in creating new material/converting material over to D6

Comstar Games is the name of the company that has contacted me and has me doing the conversions.

I hope more game companies follow in creating new material/converting material over to D6

Ah yes, ComStar's Universe Project mentioned here. What d20 material will you be converting to D6?

Ah yes, ComStar's Universe Project mentioned here. What d20 material will you be converting to D6?

The material I am converting is:

Action Hero Sourcebook

Argh: The Guide to Pirates

Fairy Tales Sourcebook

Markets and Merchandise Sourcebook

Alien Creation Guide Sourcebook

Drama: Soap Opera Sourcebook

Homestead: Guide to Frontier Life Sourcebook

Thats what I am doing right now. If all goes well, I will hopefully be doing more for them. But even doing just the above sourcebooks, thats more material being converted over to D6. Which is a good thing.

I just wanted to let everyone know that I am still working on the Aliens D6 conversion (which I have talked about a bit in my blog) and I am always looking for input on things people would like to see in the conversion.

When its ready I will let people download it, tell me how it can be approved and then make changes as needed

Aliens!,

I demand that you run this, DEMAND IT I TELL YOU!!

I ran an aliens & predator game once years ago. It was on a homebrew system, well before AVP came out. The premise was a Predator ship crashed into the sea. With 3 aliens in its hold. The Ship was recovered by a US aircraft carrier.

The players played 2 predators that were in the sector. They were charged with putting down the aliens and destroying evidence of their ship. They dropped onto the deck had to do a floor by floor sweep looking for the aliens. In the mix was a lot of human soldiers.

In the end both were badly wounded and all the aliens were dead. They sent their ship to the bottom of the sea with a mini thermo nuke in it.

If you need play testing let me know. Ill run something like that for my current group as a one shot. That is if you want a quick playtest.

If you need play testing let me know. Ill run something like that for my current group as a one shot. That is if you want a quick playtest.

I may take you up on this offer. I am going to run the first playtest with my local group. Then I may also do playtesting outside of my group as well to make sure things are right.

I just want people to know that even though I havent worked on this project in awhile I haven't forgotten it and I fully plan to get back to work on it.

I just thought you guys deserved an update

How is this project going? I have a huge itch to play a AVP game of some sort.

I believe Game Guy is no longer a user of this forum, so you're unlikely to get an answer.

Well that blows.

Does anyone know how to get a hold of him?

I mean I just did a quick and easy conversion for an AVP game for the Savage Worlds engine but I wanted to see what his D6 was turning out like.

hey fellas. i've researched Aliens stuff over the years for D6 and Savage.

the following links may be old news to some, but it may be helpful to others.

the old Alien and Predator material from Hyperspace Crossroads is still intact (only one bad link on the Predator material, but the Aliens material is intact) and can be found here:

http://web.archive.org/web/20011026062143/www.geocities.com/Area51/Vault/3901/index.html

also some great background and ideas, including timelines, tech levels, etc., can be found here:

http://www.serenadawn.com/AlienRPG-Contents.htm

if i'm screwing up some rule by posting the above, sorry, and let me know, i'll wipe out this post.

Dave

if i'm screwing up some rule by posting the above, sorry, and let me know, i'll wipe out this post.

You're good, Dave. The links that are mainly frowned upon would be spam, links to inappropriate or offensive material, links to get pirated copies of copyrighted material that is otherwise commercially availlable for sale, etc.

Thanks for sharing.

thanks whill.

i'm never quite sure, even after reading the rules. my understanding of internet etiquette is meek and mild.

yet my google-fu is strong. :D

Dave