D6 Online 3.0
Sign in to follow this  
Catstacker

[Torg] The Corsican's Descent

Same time & place, if that works for everyone. I'll try to be logged in the chat room at 6 in case anyone wants to chat or has questions. I also updated the synopsis of Scene Two (on page 6 of this thread,) if you want to read about what's been going on.

I am going to try to make it there by 7, I have a couple things to do this evening but hopefully I will get them done in time and will be able to make it on time.

Our heroes pile into their "borrowed" car with a wailing Arabic rock ballad on the radio. A police car pulls into the street in front of them, its lights flashing menacingly, blocking the road in front of them! Danger Girl shuts off the radio. Percy takes some random trash from the backboard at the police car. The cops flinch, thinking that something worse than leftover takeout is being thrown at them. Danger Girl to dodges the car past the police and into traffic, with Percy shouting to her commands like, “There! Left! Over the sidewalk and then back into the lane!”

Then the traffic stops suddenly in front of the heroes' car, forcing Danger Girl to slam on the brakes! Ahead, the traffic has stopped because a monstrously large luxury car has turned onto the street. It's Thabit Wazir! Danger Girl laughs, "We found our friend from earlier." Percy shouts, “Dammit! Out of the car! Let’s try to run on foot where this limo can't follow us!" and opens the door ready to spring into action. Doc gets out of the car and fires his glue gun towards the rear of the car, gumming the doors shut. "No, it's time to fight" he declares in a cool voice. The limo stops in the middle of the street, strangling all traffic around. Men dressed in shiny fashionable suits emerge from its depths, and sneer at the heroes as they brandish an assortment of weapons. A man with slicked-back hair pops up from the sunroof, and points a submachine gun at the heroes. The heroes are taken aback, and the man they’ve been helping is paralyzed with fear.

Doc fires at the gunman sticking out of the sunroof, a strand of sticky glue binding gun to man! Percy pulls the bearded man out of the car, roughly but necessary, towards the nearest car stuck in the traffic that looks like it can deflect bullets better then the flimsy car and puts the man down there behind cover. Danger Girl shoots the man nearest her with her pistol. The slick toughs surround the heroes, one wielding two 9mm pistols, another has a curved saber, another dangles a wicked looking chain with hooks at the end, and a big tough clanks two brass knuckles together. But the most dangerous is the last to emerge from the car, which bobs on its suspension as he exits, the fattest man they've ever seen able to stand, dressed in an impeccably-tailored triple-breasted suit. It's Thabit Wazir, head of the Shark's Teeth Gang!

Doc back-flips behind a trash can. "I don't think you have enough men, Wazir, you seem badly outnumbered" he says. Percy runs through the stopped cars towards the limo circling it a bit to get in charging range of one of the minions. Thabit Wazir calls out in a booming voice, "Benjamin Habibi, you have tried to keep the falcon from me, but I have you now!" Danger Girl yells out "Give it up Thabit, you don’t stand a chance!" Light gleams off Doc's red goggles. "The falcon is here, Thabit. Come and get it if you dare brave the hazard in your path," he intones in a chilly voice.

Wazir looms by his car and commands, "I'm sure you've kept my statue carefully, but my men may have to wash your blood off of it before I'll touch it. Get them!" Slick with the pistols shoots Danger Girl, wounding her. The big tough moves toward Ben Habibi, while the guy with the saber tries to cut off Percy. Percy, unimpressed by his weapon, lunges back and gives him a swift kick to his stomach, following up by smashing both fists on his back. Doc is struck by the chains, but it's only a glancing shot, so he responds by opening up with his glue gun, spraying sticky goo everywhere! Danger Girl does what she can to pull herself to safety, as 9mm rounds ricochet around the cars she hides behind.

The sadist with a saber slashes Percy across his legs. Percy dodges to the right to let his saber go into empty space, but still close enough for a heavy swing at him, which knocks his adversary to the ground, reeling. Once again the chains strike at Doc, raking across his face. Doc brings up his 9mm as the chain wielder swings his weapon around, coolly pulling the trigger and ending the rat bastard’s life. Danger Girl is afraid to put her head up into the line of fire, so she lies on the pavement looking for the punk with the pistols’ feet. The muscled tough grabs Ben Habibi, who takes a statue out of his backpack. It's a black statue of a falcon, and when it comes into the daylight there is a collective gasp from everyone who sees it, since the sun gleaming off it makes it shine like gold. Wazir shouts at his thug "Bring that to me, I must have it!"

Percy grabs the sword of the fallen thug and charges in to intercept the one holding Habibi, hoping the sword doesn't handle much differently than a folded chair. Danger Girl aims at the foot of the man shooting at her, blasting his feet from under him, and his skull erupts on the pavement. Doc says "You can't have things that don't belong to you, Wazir!" as he levels his Browning at the man's formidable bulk and fires! Wazir is shot in the chest, ruining his nice suit, but revealing a bullet-proof vest underneath. The force of impact still knocks him down, making the cars around him vibrate.

Wazir rolls to his feet, and pulls a hand-cannon out of his jacket saying, "This is the most powerful handgun ever made!" Danger Girl rings a bullet off Wazir's vest. Doc says "You must be compensating for something!" as he fires at Wazir again. 9mm rounds just aren't enough to bring down the mountainous Wazir, who shouts, "You can't stop me with your pathetic pistols! I will refrain from killing you if you let me have the statue, which is rightfully mine." Doc says "Your crude thuggery does not allow you to take what you want, Wazir!" and fires his Glue Gun at the man-mountain! Trying to avoid the gunfight, Percy shouts "Aim that damn thing higher!” and then threatens the thug holding Habibi. "Let the old man and the statue go or you won't get away as well as your friend!" The muscled thug isn't impressed with Percy, and gives him a brass knuckle sandwich. Percy slashes wildly at the thug twice, hitting once and making him bleed. The muscled thug swings back at Percy and misses. Finally, Percy disembowels the thug, and Ben Habibi drops to the pavement.

Wazir blasts at Doc, but the recoil makes him disintegrate a passing bird. Doc turns his featureless glare on Wazir. "Is your gun getting too heavy? Or are you trembling in fear? Flee now, before you die," then he fires his glue gun at the master criminal. Danger Girl shoots Wazir's leg and makes him fall again. Wazir growls and rips his suit jacket off to free himself from the glue, then aims his cannon back in the direction of Danger Girl. The driver of the limo gets out, helping his boss up. Danger Girl climbs into the car, keeping low. Doc levels his 9mm at the chauffeur and fires almost without looking, his steady glare on Wazir. "It's not polite to shoot a woman," he says and jumps up onto Wazir's limo, and aims his 9mm at Wazir’s unprotected head, then pulls the trigger! He misses, and Wazir jumps into his limo saying, "I'm not finished with you yet!" His driver gets into the humungous car, and the thug in the roof starts to scream in agony as he's pulled down into the car. Danger Girl shreds the tires on one side of the massive car with a spray of bullets from her AK-47. The lack of tires doesn’t stop the car from pulling away, filling the air with a painful screeching sound. Doc aims both his weapons at Wazir. "Run now and do not stop... If I see you before me, you will regret it" he commands in an icy, spooky tone. In response, the window nearest Doc explodes from a massive-caliber bullet flying through it and past Doc’s head! Doc stands in place as the huge bullet goes wild, looking unflappable. As the car pulls away and reveals the wounded Danger Girl, he moves carefully to her side, watching out for more parting shots. "Time to go..." he tells his friend, looking over her wounds.

Percy runs back to Ben Habibi, who is bending down over one of the fallen thugs, holding the black bird over him. "What are you doing there? We need to get away fast!" Percy says looking a bit shell-shocked at the bloodied sword he's still holding with white knuckles. Habibi looks up from the fallen thug with a fanatical look in his eyes, and the heroes realize with horror that the formerly unconscious goon is now shriveled and twisted in an unnatural death! Habibi shouts in exaltation "HA HA! WE HAVE DEFEATED THEM, AND NOW NOTHING CAN STOP US!!" Percy drops the sword and grabs the old man at the shoulders to pull him away from the thug, panicked and saying "What the **** are you doing to him!?" Habibi tries to pull away from Percy, snarling "Garr! You have no idea who you're fooling with!” but then tries to soften his voice to a more mollifying tone, "I have the power to help you, if you agree to serve only me."

Doc Hazard pulls the hammer back on his Browning and says "I serve only justice. Put the statue away. We should leave here now." Percy grabs Habibi tightly with one hand as he waves over the scene of carnage with the other. "Why the **** has all this happened? So you can kill even more people?! Stop this **** now or I'll stop you!" Habibi stares coldly into Percy's eyes and says "Diminutio!" and Percy starts to feel strangely weak. Percy blinks surprised for a moment there, but then punches him in the face with newfound determination; weak or not. The punch connects with Habibi's face, but barely fazes him. He sneers and is about to say something, when the air is filled with the sound of sirens announce the police finally arriving on the scene!

"Time to go,” says Doc, “The police are not our allies in this town." And then fires his glue gun at Habibi, just as Danger Girl hits him with a flying tackle. The two opponents are trussed together in a web of goo, and then everything goes dark! No one can see everything, but the startled silence is broken when Danger Girl yells "I hate you Doc!" Percy tries running away to somewhere else, hopefully where there is light again, but trips in the darkness. Standing up, he tries to go back to the tangled mess in the dark and just grab into it and drag them away... and grabs Doc instead. Doc reacts with a solid punch land in Percy’s midsection, but he's had worse. Percy oomphs from the punch and yells out "Quit struggling already, old man. We got to get away now; we'll deal with everything in a safe place, you got no say in that!" "That was me," Doc says in realization. "Drag them into the light, I'll find a car. Are you alright, Danger Girl?" Amy replies "Get me out of here Doc!" She can feel Habibi next to her writhing oddly.

Danger Girl feels the figure next to her shrink and grow feathers! And then it's gone with the sound of flapping wings. The darkness lifts as quickly as it came, and the startled gazes of everyone around look up into the sky, and see a great bird of shadow flying east. Doc Hazard looks quite startled at the shadowy bird, but shakes it off. "The statue is no mere artistic item" he declares as he kneels by Danger Girl, fishing out the solvent to dissolve the webbing strands. "Find a car, Percy" he instructs. "We have to follow that."

Percy finds the car and gets the engine running again looking for an escape route not involving ramming. Doc Hazard opens the back door for Danger Girl and slides in next to her, checking her wounds. "Drive. East" he says grimly. Percy uses a little-used open-air cafe as a detour, and gets onto a side street, though the tight street cuts off the view of the bird. Danger Girl leaps out of the speeding car, and flies up to keep tracking the bird, which is heading towards the harbour. Percy tries to drive halfway on the sidewalk, hopefully not heading into any foot traffic, dodging into the nearest street where he can drive into the right direction again. He avoids a pedestrian wearing a burkha, and then has to dodge traffic heading at him from both lanes! Percy still drives ahead at the highest speed he can while looking out for Amy above, which keeps him from noticing construction on the road ahead. As the cars part ahead, he sees a gaping hole in front of him! Percy steps on the acceleration to try to jump the car off a conveniently placed pile of dirt… the car gets some air... then scrapes an awning, and lands on two wheels in the broken street. The car swerves, and runs into the side of a building, but fortunately neither Percy nor Doc are hurt. Percy kicks out the driver door and helps Doc out of the car to continue on foot. "Any parking you can walk away from..." Doc jokes thinly. "Did you see which way Danger Girl was last flying?"

Flying ahead, Danger Girl sees the shadowy bird approach a fishing boat, shrink, and form into Habibi holding the statue as he walks below decks. She flies down to the boat, and notices that the ship has dangerous-looking crew, that she recognizes from the restaurant earlier. As she tries to follow Habibi, Danger Girl hears an ominous CLACK behind her and a rough voice say, "Don't move!"

Essentially nothing, we just finished that last round. Thabit Wazir is out of goons, and is heading back to the temp agency for more:)

Ok, I just wanted to make sure I didnt miss anything important

Nah, we couldn't do it without you. That game went about an hour and a half longer than I wanted to, but it kept looking like we were about to finish the scene. You guys did exceptionally well against the Shark's Teeth Gang, though you all got wounded and had to spend possibilities. Wazir was supposed to be draining your cards away with taunts and intimidation, but I was rolling really poorly for him, and that kept on even after he brought out his hand-cannon. "The most powerful handgun ever made" quote slipped in because I had been watching Dirty Harry clips on YouTube that day, trying to come up with a good example of Test of Wills.

Nah, we couldn't do it without you. That game went about an hour and a half longer than I wanted to, but it kept looking like we were about to finish the scene. You guys did exceptionally well against the Shark's Teeth Gang, though you all got wounded and had to spend possibilities. Wazir was supposed to be draining your cards away with taunts and intimidation, but I was rolling really poorly for him, and that kept on even after he brought out his hand-cannon. "The most powerful handgun ever made" quote slipped in because I had been watching Dirty Harry clips on YouTube that day, trying to come up with a good example of Test of Wills.

Hopefully we all can work on healing when we play next time.

Wednesday works for me! And as for healing, I can't think of any Torg adventure that has a few days off in the middle for PCs to heal up... "sleep is for the weak and you can rest when you're dead" seems to be the general philosophy.

"Time enough for peace in the grave," is what I've been telling myself ever since I got kids. Unfortunately, I've been called for work on Wednesday afternoon, so I have to call off the game that night. Sorry guys! Is there another night that also works, or do you want to wait until next week?

"Time enough for peace in the grave," is what I've been telling myself ever since I got kids. Unfortunately, I've been called for work on Wednesday afternoon, so I have to call off the game that night. Sorry guys! Is there another night that also works, or do you want to wait until next week?

Tonight was going to be tough for me too but I most likely could have made it.

We can wait until next week. That works for me

Doc Hazard is trying to rig up a device to follow the unique trail of chemical energy Danger Girl trails behind her when she flies. Well, he suspects that she might leave an energy trail behind her, though he’s been to polite to ask, but he has reason to believe that the solvent he used to free her from his glue gun’s web will at least leave some telltale fumes. “Something like a Geiger counter... The wand picks up the chemical trail and it registers the strength of the reaction by clicking,” He describes for Percy’s total lack of understanding, “Then concoct a chemical that glows in the presence of the solvent, the stronger the reaction, the more it glows, put it on a wand and head east! Thirdly, a spray to illuminate said trail... and we’d better hurry, since she could be in peril! Now for a name: The Particulate Perception Reaction Unit, excellent!”

Percy has trouble following all this scientific method, and is distracted by an idea. A great shadowy bird being followed by a flying woman probably attracted a few spectators, and he can ask where they went. The bizarre spectacle was seen by many people in Algiers, and a few questions lead our heroes to the harbour. Percy heads for the harbourmaster’s office, and there he meets a mushy secretary, who droops at his entrance. "What do you want?" she drones. Percy says "Hey you, where has that weird shadow bird thing went? And the gal flying after it, you know? Err, do you even speak English? Perhaps this will help?" as he waves a good chunk of the money the nice gal gave him when he arrived. "We need to know this right now! More people may die if we don't find them; you just got to help us please." as he tries to desperately reason with her, totally ignorant of the civil process of bureaucratic baksheesh.

"I'm sorry mister, but I am just a poorly paid civil servant, stuck in this office all day, and the only people who come to talk bring me their problems instead of caring about mine." She sniffs, and rolling her eyes says, "Not that you care, but my mother needs to have an operation, and at my wages I don't have much money, as you can see." She lays her purse on the desk, and opens it. "I hope that Allah is willing to save her, if only for a little while longer." she says as she looks out the window for a long pause. Percy looks lost in his wrestling persona for a moment... "Ah, I'm very sorry miss. Of course I shouldn't be so mean. When I come back from that important mission you can tell me everything about your troubles and by my honor I'll do everything in my power to help you," and shakes his head. "But right now there are insane people all around us and you're our only hope with setting all right and making this a safe place for everyone.” The doughy secretary looks back at her still empty purse and frowns more, "Oh you Americans always say that you are willing to help, but you think that you can just throw your MONEY AROUND." and she wiggles her eyebrows. "Oh, uh, right, uh... will this be alright?" As he has only a vague idea about the value of Dinars he just stuffs a bundle of the money in her purse. "I'll have to write you a receipt for that," she says doubtfully, and quickly puts her purse back under the desk. "The harbourmaster is at Jetee 13, trying to explain why a certain boat is not allowed to leave port without the proper forms." "Give that receipt to a poor harbor worker who needs to save taxes." Percy says as he runs out of the door again to look for the said Jetee, and trying out what the heck a Jetee means.

Doc knows that a Jetee is a pier, and points out the #13 to Percy while still fiddling with his device. "You do seem to have a way with the locals..." he suggests. As they approach #13, our heroes see a cluster of men arguing over a rope. Percy says "Uhm... sure got to try at least." as he hurries over to the harbourmaster. "Hey, we need your help here! It’s way more important than a ... rope argument? We need to know where some weird shadow bird and some flying gal went, its all about the security of your harbor!" One of the men says, "Yes! They cannot leave port without exit visas!" "وإذا كنت لا تفوت على الحبل يندم على ذلك" says another man threateningly at the first man.

Percy cuts in. "Good sir, if you would listen for a moment, we really need your help. You're the master of this harbour and some really bad things are going on here," he says in desperation. "A very nice girl is probably beat up or even killed right now by a very evil man and letting this guy here get away without the correct papers is the lesser evil. There are things going on you don't know about, but with your help we could make it all right together if you could just lead us where some shadow bird and a flying gal went." "You hear that?" the first man announces, "They are holding a girl prisoner, and have not filled out the proper forms!" One of the men on the pier pulls out a pistol, and points it at the first man! Percy jumps in with a flying tackle against the man with the pistol, sending them both flying to the dock

Meanwhile, Danger Girl has been taken prisoner on the boat, and is being roughly treated in the hold below. She is in a locked room, with one very big ugly brute with a lewd look on his face. Danger Girl says defiantly "If you hurt me, you are going to be sorry" The brute looks confused, and then punches her for being mouthy. She screams out, and her companions recognize Amy’s voice over the sound of the melee.

More men appear at the edge of the boat, armed to the teeth! Doc Hazard sees that Percy has this situation in hand and calls out "Follow me!" as he dashes precariously up the thick anchor line, and over the railing, ready for action, only then realizing how much his momentum carried him. He pulls his mask up over his face as the men swarm!

Percy heads up the gangplank to help Doc against the superior numbers. Doc's glue stalls some of the gunmen, but others shoot at him and miss! Percy jumps right into the mass hoping to mess up their aim. Bullets, bodies, and punches fly, but nothing connects. Doc dives behind a funnel and then fires a series of pistol shots into the firefighting water pipe, sending two of the thugs over the edge! Percy shouts angrily "Get the hell away from us or you'll end up hurt or dead!" Some of the men are balked, but one of them shoots Percy with his pistol.

to be continued...

That's it for that adventure. I'd planned for so much more to happen, but the play-by-chat was just too slow for my liking, and I'm busy with all kinds of other projects now. But Danger Girl, Doc Hazard, and Prince Charming will keep fighting to thwart the schemes of the nefarious High Lords!

That's it for that adventure. I'd planned for so much more to happen, but the play-by-chat was just too slow for my liking, and I'm busy with all kinds of other projects now. But Danger Girl, Doc Hazard, and Prince Charming will keep fighting to thwart the schemes of the nefarious High Lords!

Ok, well thanks for the game. It was fun!