D6 Online 3.0
Sign in to follow this  
The Game Guy

[Torg 2.0] Cosm Changes- What would you keep, What would you Remove?

So shave off the serial numbers and TORGify it! :D

That would be very appropriate. When I read Deadlands, I had the feelings they used the Orrorsh "homeworld" Gaea, shaved off the serial numbers and described it in more details and a little less grittier. This feeling was emphasized when I saw who wrote the Deadlands rulebook. And the rules seem somewhat familiar too.

So shave off the serial numbers and TORGify it! :D

I thought we were discussing *official* new cosms we'd like to see, thus I rejected Deadlands due to copyright considerations.

Is this just meant to discuss realms or cosms too? If it includes cosms, I would prefer a new version of Orrorsh that is closer to Deadlands. There should be no copyright problems as Deadlands obviously took a lot from Orrorsh. There is not much info on Gaea, so it is no problem digging deeper into the Gaea background and allowing for more civilization than originally presented.

I actually don't hate the Living Land. Of, more actually, I WANT to like it. Still, the LL is really, really gimped compared to the other cosms.

I didnt say everyone hates it, I said I have heard a lot of complaints about it.

To me Living Land comes across alot like Cadillac’s and Dinosaurs, the Torg Cosm. Which isn't a bad thing.

There really isn't enough to make me want to like it as is.

What about the proposed flipside version, tho? Two years of the living Land attacking, faltering, getting rolled back, then eliminated from Core Earth ... then getting *invaded* from Core Earth, turning the entire concept around.

(This involves Dennis Quartermain getting the Darkness Device of Earth, Pax, from a ruined Nazi bunker after a tour promoting "Joint understanding" with Germany and taking cover during a Cyberpapal attack, stumbling onto Pax quite by accident but buying in. ... I'm nattering on.)

I didnt say everyone hates it, I said I have heard a lot of complaints about it.

To me Living Land comes across alot like Cadillac’s and Dinosaurs, the Torg Cosm. Which isn't a bad thing.

There really isn't enough to make me want to like it as is.

*new person (to Torg and the boards) comes out of lurk mode*

...Cadillacs can exist in the Living Land?

By my understanding, unless the the driver is burning possibilities like mad, not for long.

Ehh, what's up, Doc? Welcome to the board!

Exist?

Sure!

Run?

Not so much.

I was refering to the game Cadillac’s and Dinosaurs which Living lands has a lot of similar themes.

By my understanding, unless the the driver is burning possibilities like mad, not for long.

Unless it's a LL pure zone, he doesn't have to keep burning PE. It fact, the Cadillac will only stop working 5% of the time.

Absolutely. Cadillac* is deep inside the Living Land. In fact, Detroit is an important Core Earth hardpoint meaning there are plenty of Cadillacs, and no small number of Dinosaurs wandering into the city.

*Cadillac, Michigan that is.

Absolutely. Cadillac* is deep inside the Living Land. In fact, Detroit is an important Core Earth hardpoint meaning there are plenty of Cadillacs, and no small number of Dinosaurs wandering into the city.

*Cadillac, Michigan that is.

See, that makes sense, now, if Detroit is a hardpoint that there could be Cadillacs in the zone (though technically not, since it's a hardpoint...)

Kudos on the Cadillac, MI reference, though ^_^ I didn't think that they'd function very well in the Living Land (and I'm not sure I'd waste the possibilities to keep one rolling through there anyway...)

Thanks for the welcome!

I wonder how Hardpoint-ish modern Detroit'd be, what with the MASSIVE flight from the city, jobloss, and so on. (Detroit's gone from over three million people to under 1 million in the past fifteen years. Le Ouch.)

Also, while we're here, why didn't the Empire State Building go Hardpoint, I wonder? I know the Statue of Liberty did, but was then smashed (RAGE!!!), but otherwise New York crumbled badly. Philly and DC? Yeah, they *radiate* Possibilities, but you'd figure ol' New York would have as well.

I don't remember the LL sourcebook saying what Detroit's hardpoint would be, but it could be something at the Henry Ford museum in Dearborn, like the car that JFK was shot in. It might have a radius value large enough to extend over Ford's River Rouge plant.

If the Empire State Building had been a hardpoint, Earth's reality would have gone right back up the bridge into Takta Ker. Maybe the reality wash from an incoming bridge destroys any nearby hardpoints. I notice there aren't any listed in the same cities as maelstrom bridges.

I don't remember the LL sourcebook saying what Detroit's hardpoint would be, but it could be something at the Henry Ford museum in Dearborn, like the car that JFK was shot in. It might have a radius value large enough to extend over Ford's River Rouge plant.

If the Empire State Building had been a hardpoint, Earth's reality would have gone right back up the bridge into Takta Ker. Maybe the reality wash from an incoming bridge destroys any nearby hardpoints. I notice there aren't any listed in the same cities as maelstrom bridges.

Hmm. Might be a good thought, there. The initial wave of teh invading reality is Just Too Strong and overwhelms what it hits in the very first zone? This'd be why ESU doesn't go Hardpoint but Lady Liberty, south in the harbor, does?

Hm.

Hmmm...

I wonder how Hardpoint-ish modern Detroit'd be, what with the MASSIVE flight from the city, jobloss, and so on. (Detroit's gone from over three million people to under 1 million in the past fifteen years. Le Ouch.)

Also, while we're here, why didn't the Empire State Building go Hardpoint, I wonder? I know the Statue of Liberty did, but was then smashed (RAGE!!!), but otherwise New York crumbled badly. Philly and DC? Yeah, they *radiate* Possibilities, but you'd figure ol' New York would have as well.

Maybe someone could stat that up. It would be interesting to see

Maybe the reality wash from an incoming bridge destroys any nearby hardpoints. I notice there aren't any listed in the same cities as maelstrom bridges.

WEG did state that somewhere, that an initial axiom wash into an area has a chance of destroying hardpoints, but I don't recall offhand where they said it. I did mention it in the R&E, p175.

But as far as NYC not being a hardpoint there's a more mundane answer. I asked WEG about it once and I think it was Scott Palter who said that no one working on Torg liked NYC and they didn't want it being protected against the LL invasion, so no hardpoints.

But as far as NYC not being a hardpoint there's a more mundane answer. I asked WEG about it once and I think it was Scott Palter who said that no one working on Torg liked NYC and they didn't want it being protected against the LL invasion, so no hardpoints.

Probably no coincidence since, as you know, West End Games was once based in New York. The companies name itself can from the West End, a bar in Manhattan (sadly, now closed and replaced with a Cuban restaurant).

Huh!

(The More You Know)

Howdy all,

New to the forums here. I have been waiting for a Torg 2 for quite some time. As for which Cosms to keep, I would leave in Aysle, Living Lands, Cyberpapacy, Nile Empire and Orrorsh. I was never really impressed with Nippon tech. Nor was I impressed with any of the later players, Tharkhold, Land Below, Space Gods or Terra (Terra was ok but it should either replace Nile Empire or not.)

As for change, catch them up to the modern era, make the core of the system more streamlined so that adding future product won't take system rewrites and fix the reality issues and I will be happy.