D6 Online 3.0
Sign in to follow this  
Siesatia

[TORG] Welcome to Mag-Trak [Wars Start, Character Applications]

Heh, I was planning a Tough Hero by name of John Q. Public, sort of a variation upon the "Uncle Sam" character in DC Comics.

Mayhap still will.

Apporition magic won't be activated until your character comes into contact with a Aysle character that teaches/transforms him or her. We're using Core Earth Characters to start, so its out of cosm, and the rule of 1/4 applies.

Apportation Magic is possible at Core Earth's axioms. I didn't take any spells that had an axiom higher than 7, though some are from Pixaud's Practical Grimoire. If you don't have that book I could PM you an outline of those spells' difficulty numbers and effects.

Apportation Magic is possible at Core Earth's axioms. I didn't take any spells that had an axiom higher than 7, though some are from Pixaud's Practical Grimoire. If you don't have that book I could PM you an outline of those spells' difficulty numbers and effects.

One book I suggest is the Pixaud's Critique to see the extent of the errors in the Pixaud's book.

This book is vital for those using Pixaud's.

The "Core Earth" cosmbook -- Delphi Council Worldbook Vol.1 -- has a few things to say about Core Earth magic so I recommend reading up it there as well.

I didn't take any of the spells in Pixaud's that were glaringly broken. In fact, I avoided taking spells that I would have liked in favour of more realistic spells for my character. Only time will tell whether they prove useful.

I just picked up a copy of the Nile Empire Sourcebook so that will be really helpful for finishing my character.

I am working on my character, it's just slow going due to time constraints but they should be cleared up now.

Welcome to Mag-Trak, a division of Nomura Industries; Leading Provider of affordable rail travel in the North American Continent. New routes set to open in Mexico in 2011!

NOTICE: The Washington DC Transit Line is nearing capacity; we only have an additional 005 tickets for sale for the train departing February 23rd, 2009. ? Riu Tomaguyi, East Coast Sales Division

Thank you for choosing Mag-Trak as your method of travel to: WASHINGTON DC

Please be so kind as to fill out the form below so that we might better accommodate you:

First Name: Roman

Last Name: Malhavoc

Height: 6'2''

Weight: 187 lbs.

Starting Destination: Atlantic City

Final Destination: Washington, DC

Purpose of Travel: Business

DEX: 9

STR: 8

TOU: 8

PER: 11

MIND: 10

CHR: 11

SPR: 9

Maneuver 1, Prestidigitation 2

Divination Magic 6, Gambling 1, Trick 2

Apportation Magic 2, Hypnotism 2, Test of Wills 1

Charm 1, Persuasion 2

Intimidation 1, Reality 1

AKs: air 1, metal 2, earthly 1, folk 2

Spells: Arm of Air, Bullet, Communicate with Animals, Gain Language, Open Lock, Possibility Shadows

Please list your personal belongings in the box below:

Candle, cologne, comb, golden necklace with a crystal pendant, keys, notepad & pen, overcoat (black,) paperback book ("Prophecies of Edgar Cayce",) pet toad, pomade, shirt (black,) shoes (black,) socks (black,) suit (black,) sunglasses (black,) toothbrush & paste, zippo lighter, around 250 dollars in loose bills and change.

I'm afraid as much as I wanted in, GMing two games and playing one is just going to be more than I can handle and so will be bowing out.

Crap, so now we have 2 players. Hmm, maybe we can pick up a couple more players

Yeah, yourself and Cat are the only two who have continued to show interest.

I am going to try to find some people who might be interested in playing because I really want this game to happen.

Saw you guys in the Torg thread in RPG.net and am sure interested. Is it clear already what chat system gets used and what time and day we're talking about?

The Game Master Siesatia hasn't pinned down a day yet when we are going to play. As for the chat system, we will use the chat room on this site which drops into IRC, so you can either connect via the web client or through an IRC client

Saw you guys in the Torg thread in RPG.net and am sure interested. Is it clear already what chat system gets used and what time and day we're talking about?

Welcome to the board, Warmduscher!

I'm most likely in then provided we play under the week, weekends are usually reserved for my rl groups :). We play at the start of the invasions, so being a newbie isn't a problem I hope? Only played in two sessions or so once, but system-wise I should have it down. The concept would be a unsuccessful wrestler jobbing as taxi driver. A bit slow in the mind but with a good heart and friendly smile.

Name: Chuck Shambly "The Survivalist"

Realm: Living Land (transformed)

Ht:

Wt:

Dexterity 10

Dodge (1/11), Melee Weapons (2/12), Swimming (1/11), Unarmed Combat (1/11)

Strength 9

Climbing (1/10)

Toughness 11

Perception 10

Find (1/11), First Aid(1/11), Direction Sense (1/11), Tracking (1/11)

Mind 9

Survival* (3/12) , Test of Wills (1/10) Willpower (1/10)

Charisma 8

Persuasion (1/9)

Spirit 9

Reality (1/10), Faith (Keta Kalles) (1/10) , Intimidation (1/10)

Equipment: Hrockt Spear (+4/13), Old Camera (not working) and tripod. Napsack. Multi tool.

Possibilities: 10

Chuck Shambly is a former U.S. Army Green Beret. After leaving the service, he began working for a cable TV show. His job was to be dropped off in various wilderness locals for 10 days periods, alone with only his camera and his Multi-tool and survive off the land, filming for his program viewers. For one particular show he was dropped off in the Canadian Adirondacks for his usual 10 days. Ten days quickly turned into much longer as his extraction team (the shows producers) never came to retrieve him. Day in and out, he began to master his surroundings. He felt himself become ever more in touch with nature and less connected to the world he once knew. It was not long before he began to hear the faint whispers of a spirit calling herself Lanala. Chuck had never felt so alive. I could feel everything like never before. The wind blowing on his skin made him explode in ecstasy and his senses were so piqued, he could hear the heartbeats of his prey. Lately, Lanala's whisper are growing more ominous. She speaks of a terrible monster that claims to worship life, but brings only lies. He is a master of death. Lanala pleads with him to travel to where the air grows warmer and defeat the monster and his servants of death.

Though he doesn't truly remember what it was for, he continues to carry around his camera as if it is a priceless icon of his life among the "dead." Chuck believes it is part of his great mission to "deliver" the artifact -- if only he could remember, to whom

Welcome to the site, Warmduscher! It's funny, I seriously considered taking a wrestler as a character too. Figure they're all set for life in the Living Land, eh?

Thanks for the friendly welcomes. But my wrestler would be a better fit to travel to England I think, I even plan to call him Prince Charming as wrestler name and make him all about chivalry with very childish overtones (he'll propably be somehwat simple as I plan him for a mind 7 ;) )