D6 Online 3.0
Sign in to follow this  
Siesatia

[TORG] Welcome to Mag-Trak [Wars Start, Character Applications]

Welcome to Mag-Trak, a division of Nomura Industries; Leading Provider of affordable rail travel in the North American Continent. New routes set to open in Mexico in 2011!

NOTICE: The Washington DC Transit Line is nearing capacity; we only have an additional 005 tickets for sale for the train departing February 23rd, 2009. ? Riu Tomaguyi, East Coast Sales Division

Thank you for choosing Mag-Trak as your method of travel to: WASHINGTON DC

Please be so kind as to fill out the form below so that we might better accommodate you:

First Name:

Last Name:

Height:

Weight:

Starting Destination:

Final Destination:

Purpose of Travel:

Please input your physical characteristics, our trains use biometric access keyed to your specifications. (From 7-13, Maximum of 66 Points Please)

DEX:

STR:

TOU:

PER:

MIND:

CHR:

SPR:

In Case of an Emergency, Please list your skills below, followed by a numerical range (0-3) of how proficient you are. (Example: First Aid: 2)

Mag-Trak would like to remind you that weapons are strictly prohibited, and any contraband items not limited to Blades longer than 3 Inches, Firearms of any sort including Pistols, Rifles, Shotguns, Sub-machine Guns, and Chainguns, or any explosive of any sort. Those found to be carrying weapons onboard a Mag-Trak Train will be reported to the local authorities.

Please list your personal belongings in the box below:

Thank You, your information will be processed as you press the ?SUBMIT? Button?

I don't require templates if you wanted to give something a try, so long as its within reason.

You misunderstand, there are templates I WANT to get a chance to play.

I've owned TORG for 15 years but have never played it.

I'm not at all certain I understand HOW to play it.

I don't require templates if you wanted to give something a try, so long as its within reason.

What Version of Torg are you running? Let me know when you want me to create a forum for the game.

If its TORG that you are running then I am in

@Skel: Its still my #1 game, but its pretty complicated to do over a forum, if it turns out to be a flop, remember to give it a try in real life if you've never played, its a whole other animal.

@Game: I'm going to try and acquire the R&E Rulebook, I've called every game store within 100 miles and nothing so far, but my search continues... I've got the 1.0 and some suppliments. We're doing Wars-Start in Core Earth, our first adventure will be in the living land.

General Notes:

I'm using the same Stelae points as in the rulebooks, most everything is the same, aside from the CE Technology, which has been modernized, and Soviet Union = Russia. Game Time = 2009.

Cards get handled by me, I'll draw for people, I'd prefer it if everyone would play with their hands exposed, just so we can keep it nice and simple, and I don't have to send 5+ PM's every time we have a card activity.

Please end your posts with a signature like the following:

Character Name | Possibilities: #

Card Pool: #,#,#,# | Hand: #,#,#,# (Just write the numbers)

Shock: #/TOU, K or O, #/4 Wounds, Down

example:

Robert McBobbery | Possibilities: 9

Card Pool: 123,12,14,2 | Hand: 66

Shock: 4/10, K, 1/4 Wounds, Down

Siesatia, a couple of things:

On getting the Torg 1.5 R&E Book- I would PM Hellsreach here on the forum. He is the owner of WEG and maybe he can get you a copy. Worse case, I can grab a copy and then send it to you (for the cost of the book plus shipping of course).

Second, on running the game- another option is if you could come up with a time that worked for people we have the chat room with a specific gaming related side room where you could run the game maybe once a week or something.

It's just a thought.

*Note* I fixed the title and put [TORG] in the title so people knew what game you were advertising.

I'd recommend an audio event for trying to game.

I've been on Skype and I find just reacting to other voices much much easier than reading and responding to text.

I've tried text based campaign in AOL back in the mid/late-90s and I often was responding to an event already passed.

I'd recommend an audio event for trying to game.

I've been on Skype and I find just reacting to other voices much much easier than reading and responding to text.

I've tried text based campaign in AOL back in the mid/late-90s and I often was responding to an event already passed.

Playing via Skype isnt a bad idea. Would play out just like playing a face to face game.

It's a thought

Playing via Skype isnt a bad idea. Would play out just like playing a face to face game.

It's a thought

In a group you won't get video as video is only for one-on-one, but it is amazing how much quicker it works.

I better not dive into a TORG game, but I am a bit interested in reading about your game if it is going to be a PbP on this site. Best wishes on the game regardless.

@Game: I'm going to try and acquire the R&E Rulebook, I've called every game store within 100 miles and nothing so far, but my search continues...

The 1.5 book is currently available on Amazon in New condition for around the original retail price plus $3.99 shipping. So if you've got $42, the link is below, FYI.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/1932867147/

In a group you won't get video as video is only for one-on-one, but it is amazing how much quicker it works.

Yep. We could do it all in Skype or do it in Sky with the chatroom to show rolls and to send private messages.

There are plenty of options to choose from

I havn't abandoned this, I'm tinkering with Skype right now, used it before but my network gets really, really weird with it, it doesn't seem to like my routers very much, or perhaps my routers don't like it... Regardless, I am planning on moving forward with this...

I find it necessary to shut down and reboot Skype at least once in an evening.

Things to NOT have running while using Skype: P2P programs.

Dunno if you run any but they'll present an obstacle as they'll try to use the same exact "bandwidth" as Skype and they aren't all that keen on sharing.

They also use a lot of system resources as well.

There are likely other programs that are similar in their interference with Skype.

Ventrilo might be another option for voice, although I am not sure if the have free servers/rooms available. I have tried numerous voice programs and found vent to be the best.

Security would be one reason.

Not certain how a webcam program represents a security risk.

Probably blocked at the request (assisted by a hefty bribe) by a competitor to Skype -- which makes about a million times more sense.

Nothing quite so shady... Skype has a file transfer program that can get files the network has banned past the firewall, people were using it to do so and they banned it.