D6 Online 3.0
Sign in to follow this  
The Game Guy

[FOX] Dollhouse- What did you think?

There is an underground organization that pretty much owns a small group of people. These people have had most of their memories and personalities wiped away. They specialize in providing these people memories and personalities for special assignments. However, the nature of these assignments varies. It could be a simple weekend of romance and the client wants a very specific personality type, or it could be something to the order of a robbery or assassination. For the latter two, the person (or doll) would need a very specialized set of skills.

The meta plot thus far deals with a few elements. 1) We know that the dollhouse makes its money by providing a person for its clients. Despite the fact that this is their comercial aspect, they have another (unstated purpose). 2) There is one renegade doll that is as clever as it is murderous. This doll has been interfering with the dollhouse's affairs. 3) One of the presumed reasons why said doll went renegade is because he did not have a complete wipe of his memories and personalities after each assignment. The main character has been shown to be resistant to having all of her memories completely wiped after each assignment. 4) There is an FBI agent who is tracking the dollhouse with the intention of exposing the operation.

There is an underground organization that pretty much owns a small group of people. These people have had most of their memories and personalities wiped away. They specialize in providing these people memories and personalities for special assignments. However, the nature of these assignments varies. It could be a simple weekend of romance and the client wants a very specific personality type, or it could be something to the order of a robbery or assassination. For the latter two, the person (or doll) would need a very specialized set of skills.

The meta plot thus far deals with a few elements. 1) We know that the dollhouse makes its money by providing a person for its clients. Despite the fact that this is their comercial aspect, they have another (unstated purpose). 2) There is one renegade doll that is as clever as it is murderous. This doll has been interfering with the dollhouse's affairs. 3) One of the presumed reasons why said doll went renegade is because he did not have a complete wipe of his memories and personalities after each assignment. The main character has been shown to be resistant to having all of her memories completely wiped after each assignment. 4) There is an FBI agent who is tracking the dollhouse with the intention of exposing the operation.

Thanks, Chesire. That is the most description I've heard about the show. Before your post it is mostly just how people like it or don't. The premise sounds interesting. But I really don't need to get interested in any more shows, so I better not start watching it!

Things arent looking good in dollhouse land. Part of the story from the link provided below:

The numbers are disheartening, if not entirely surprising.

"Dollhouse" (4.2 million viewers, 1.7 preliminary adults 18-49 rating/7 share), fell 15% in the ratings. This is an almost-typical second-episode slip and the show placed second in its 9 p.m. hour, topped by "Supernanny" (5.2 million, 1.8/5).

http://www.thrfeed.com/2009/02/ratings-second-dollhouse-episode-declines-.html

<!-- technorati tags -->

I am a big fan. :)

These numbers for me, are disheartening. I hope it starts to get better numbers. I actually liked the pilot, and with each new episode I've liked it more and more. I think it's exciting and have enjoyed the fast pace of it.

I am a big fan. :)

These numbers for me, are disheartening. I hope it starts to get better numbers. I actually liked the pilot, and with each new episode I've liked it more and more. I think it's exciting and have enjoyed the fast pace of it.

See I watched last weeks episode and I just dont see the show getting better and I just dont see much hope for this show.

I give it a chance even though the description of the show was less then stellar but I a done with Dollhouse. I just dont think it is very good.

I really enjoyed the latest episode where they were all tripping. *grin* Especially the handlers, I laughed a lot. (This is SO heavy!)

...however, I was hoping for a bigger bang at the end.

Hmm, apparently in an interview Joss Whedon has said that whil the show hasnt been officially canceled the ratings have been low and there is only a slight chance that the show will be renewed.

I have to admit, I tried to like this show, I even waited for the coveted 6th episode that was supposed to be true Joss without the fox meddling, but alas it just didnt get better and I haven't watched the show since the episode where everyone was tripping.

Me and my wife have been watching since week one. My wife is a huge buffy fan. I loved firefly. I was not really into dollhouse at first. Its grown on me. I hope it continues.

Me and my wife have been watching since week one. My wife is a huge buffy fan. I loved firefly. I was not really into dollhouse at first. Its grown on me. I hope it continues.

I know Joss Whedon said it was on the bubble because of the ratings. While I lost interest in it quickly, I know there are people out there who enjoy the show so for them I hope it comes back

Actually, they just made an announcement that Dollhouse and Bones have both been re-upped for next season. So Dollhouse watchers can rejoice.

Actually, they just made an announcement that Dollhouse and Bones have both been re-upped for next season. So Dollhouse watchers can rejoice.

Yeah but I am sure the show will have to perform really well pretty much for the begining or it is going to be cut. I think Sarah Conner chronicles (which was cancled) got a second season and didnt perform well and was canceled.

I am happy for the fans. Me, I am done with the show. I give a show only so much of a chance and then if it doesnt get good I stop wasting time on it and movfe on.

It seems like anything I like does get canceled. Firefly and Dresden for example.

Only thing Ive really gotten into in years that has done well long term in Stargate. SG1 and Atlantis. As well a new SG U coming out this summer.

Fringe and reaper seem to be doing ok. But then im just getting into them so now they will get booted.

At least doll house will get the chance to pull it out of the fire.

Fringe and reaper seem to be doing ok. But then im just getting into them so now they will get booted.

Sorry to say, I think I heard that Reaper wont make it to a 3rd season. I think it barely made it to a second series (I think at one point it had been cancled then brought back)

Sorry to say, I think I heard that Reaper wont make it to a 3rd season. I think it barely made it to a second series (I think at one point it had been cancled then brought back)

Figures....That show makes me laugh every time. My wife thinks they filmed me and made the "sock" character off the video. :eek: not sure if that is a compliment or not.... lol

Figures....That show makes me laugh every time. My wife thinks they filmed me and made the "sock" character off the video. :eek: not sure if that is a compliment or not.... lol

Actually I just read an article and apparently there is a chance Reaper will come back (Slight chance) but if it came back it would be in syndication. And of course budgest would be smaller.

Actually I just read an article and apparently there is a chance Reaper will come back (Slight chance) but if it came back it would be in syndication. And of course budgest would be smaller.

Hard to imagine a small budget. lol

I guess the demon transformations would be out...Most the special effects Iv seen done on youtube videos lol. I think the writers are great for the show. The dialog is what makes it funny.