D6 Online 3.0
Sign in to follow this  
Whill

D6 Powers, Revised and Expanded (unofficial 4th core D6 book)

Thanks for the warm welcome Grimace.

I was wondering is there an area on the forum for posting characters.

I have loads of character backgrounds and a few Godsend Agenda / D6 power statted characters I'd love for people, who don't visit the godsend agenda forum, to have a read of and comment on.

Jamat

You can post them in this D6 Discussion Forum. Just put something like [D6 Powers Characters] or whatever in the thread title so people will know what the characters are in relation to. Basically, as long as it's D6 related, it can go in this particular forum. We don't have a designated forum for characters or things related to D6 Powers or Godsend Agenda or anything of that nature, so the D6 Discussion forum works fine.

Hope that helps.

Looking forward to seeing your stuff.

I live in a big city (state capitol) and we only have two FLGSs I know of. Neither one of them carry this product. But maybe your FLGS can order it for you if they don't carry it, and you can pick it up?

But I chose the cheap mail option, and I got it from IRP in less than a week. So I think they put that warning just in case, but that doesn't mean it will really take that long. If it says 4-6 weeks and customers get it in 1, then they won't complain, ya know?

Edited by Whill

I was going for the silly joke. ;) I live in NV and have even had the pleasure of playing Godsend Agenda with Jerry and crew a few times. :cool: I blame him and GS for the piles 'clix I have.

It is? Hmm, I need to find out where, probably cheaper to pick it up than it would be to ship it to me, even with Media Mail. ;)

Funny thing is, I don?t have any of the books here at home. They are in either a warehouse in the Midwest, or in a warehouse someplace in Nevada. In order for me to get books I have to ask my distributors to send me a few.

And indeed Temprus did play several games of GODSEND Agenda with us here at my home. Good times.:P

Funny thing is, I don?t have any of the books here at home. They are in either a warehouse in the Midwest, or in a warehouse someplace in Nevada. In order for me to get books I have to ask my distributors to send me a few.

And indeed Temprus did play several games of GODSEND Agenda with us here at my home. Good times.:P

I hear you were picked up by Imp. I think Aldo mentioned that you were his only new client after the Key20 implosion.

Yes I?m kicking it with Aldo for my main distribution now

Key20 didn?t implode but sadly just had to shut down :( (this was no Wizards Attic)

It?s a real bummer because Key20 was an awesome place to do business

Several things conspired against them in the last year like Alliances bid to grab customers, and a few other key events that did them in.

Luckily I didn?t have to look far to make a transition sine I dealt with Aldo on the first version of GODSEND Agenda when he picked up the pieces after the Wizards Attic chicanery

Yes, very good times. :) Sadly I have not gotten to play face to face since. :( I now have enough D6s to never ever use the same die twice, even if I play Champions every day for the rest of my life though. :rolleyes:

HI there everyone

I'm new to the forum but definitely not new to D6 Powers or Godsend agenda.

I've played in an online game with Jerry a while ago( can be found on the godsend agenda forum for any who want to have a read) for godsend agenda using the character Blue Bottle, yes the one in the back of the original D6 Powers supplement and which is now being used as an example for creating power armour in the new edition.

My name is even in both editions :D for creating both Blue Bottle and Mirror (both featured in the 1st Edition)

Once I got hold of Godsend Agenda when it first came out I gave up on all other super games, and now with D6 Powers I've got all I need to create my own settings for years to come.

First of all, cool that you're in the credits, Jamat!

Godsend Agenda is great. But D6 Powers really is 4th core D6 book, and all you ultimately need to create an original superhero setting. If I was going to play a superhero game (but not Godsend Agenda), this would be the world I'd design:

History on Earth is almost entirely like it is in our real world until today, except for there were unpowered or very low-powered mystery men (masked vigilantes) in America in the 30's. Something happens and somehow some of their grandchildren and great grandchildren end up with superpowers in the present modern world. Some of them become heroes and some become villains, but the public and goverment have what I would consider more realistic reactions to these superpowered individuals.

The heroes would not be sanctioned by the law to fight crime, so they would be wanted outlaws for taking the law into their own hands. The could be Robin Hood type of heroes like Spider-Man and Batman are sometimes portrayed. Some citizens and law enforcement officials would recognize the good the heroes do and appreciate them, while others would fear them as freaks like mutants in the X-Men. The government would want to capture them to study them to discover the secret of their powers and determine any possible military/covert applications. Some superpowered beings might be working for the government to help hunt down and capture the others.

From the point that the modern superpowered beings come on the public scene it would be a true alternate reality, because I feel strongly that if that ever happened, it would drastically change the world. I loved comic books as a kid, but what I now find most unrealistic about the settings is not the powers, but how modern society is pretty much the same except that there are superheroes and villains. Sure, having superpowers is not realistic, but I don't see how the mere existance of superheores would not radically change history.

It's my birthday on Sunday and thanks to this year's tax refund, I can actually get a gift.

This year's choice: d6 Powers R&E

Downloading the PDF now! Thanks Jerry!

I have been meaning to introduce this to my big gaming group. I will scrounge together pennies for the new revised and expanded edition that use THAT to show them that D6 can do more than just Star Wars.

I've never had the original edition, so I have no basis for comparison. But I've heard others who have had both state that the R&E edition is better.

But D6 Powers really is 4th core D6 book, and all you ultimately need to create an original superhero setting.

After flipping through D6 Powers R&E (I almost bought it but didnt because I didnt think my local group would do a Superhero game) it almost looks like you don't even need the core D6 books. It looks like it has everything you need to get going and play.

That's correct. It is not just a sourcebook or supplement. It is a complete game with no setting, like the D6 Adventure.

After flipping through D6 Powers R&E (I almost bought it but didnt because I didnt think my local group would do a Superhero game) it almost looks like you don't even need the core D6 books. It looks like it has everything you need to get going and play.

It's not just for superhero games as you can use the rules to build weapons, vehicles a magic system, etc...

True

D6 Powers

It’s not just for breakfast anymore

:P

Just got my hardcopy in the mail yesterday! Looks great, definitely worth the price. Thanks Jerry!

I did it. I placed the order.

In a way, feel blessed. This is my one and only gaming purchase for the entire year. In an effort to cut back expenses, I had slashed my gaming budget to $0. But, I did want this one book.