D6 Online 3.0
Sign in to follow this  
The Game Guy

'Monopoly' has electric company

We don't even have a Blockbuster in our town.

There were two of them but enough poor work ethic leading to people being charged a late fee even when returning the film the same day -- mostly because the employees would let the returns sit around for several days until they were ALL late and THEN check them back in as returned once they were obviously late.

It got so bad that the whole city organized a "mass shunning"/boycott of both rental sites and they closed in about 3 months.

Blockbuster even tried to "fix" the situation by sending out special "free rental" coupon books and even offering 3 months of free Blockbuster Online, but could not entice people back into the stores.

I'm thankful that my local Blockbusters are much better managed than that.

And I think it is very likely that Netflix is a better deal for those who do not have a local Blockbuster to take advantage on the free in-store rentals and instant checking in of mailed discs.

I had Netflix, but canceled it. We don't watch too many movies at home unless it's something for my boy. At just over a year and a half, he's only interested in things like Baby/Little Einstein and Sesame Street, so we only get to watch something we want when he's asleep or at his grandparents, and then we usually just want to sleep.

Well of course, different lives will have different amounts of free time. You are married and have a kid, I am single and don't have as many commitments as you do.

Well of course, different lives will have different amounts of free time. You are married and have a kid, I am single and don't have as many commitments as you do.

Oh, I wasn't trying to imply anything. We loved Netflix while we had it, but when my boy came along, he just became our world. Wouldn't trade it for anything either! :D

I've never used Netflix. I rarely have much time to watch many movies anymore and when I do, I usually just buy the DVD outright. It's more a manner of insant gratification. If I want to watch a movie, I want to see it now, not in two days while Netflix ships it so me. Yeah, I could watch it on my computer, but like has already been said, my TV is bigger. Instead, I'll just run down to Walmart or Blockbuster and just buy the movie I want to see. Yeah, I could do the Blockbuster service thing, but I'm kinda possessive. If I watch to watch a movie, I'd rather buy it so that after I watch it, I can stick it on my shelf -- and never find time to watch it again.

Never said it was smart.

Sometimes, I get the itch to watch a movie, I'll go buy it only to find out I already had the thing. It's happened several times.

I've never used Netflix. I rarely have much time to watch many movies anymore and when I do, I usually just buy the DVD outright. It's more a manner of insant gratification. If I want to watch a movie, I want to see it now, not in two days while Netflix ships it so me. Yeah, I could watch it on my computer, but like has already been said, my TV is bigger. Instead, I'll just run down to Walmart or Blockbuster and just buy the movie I want to see. Yeah, I could do the Blockbuster service thing, but I'm kinda possessive. If I watch to watch a movie, I'd rather buy it so that after I watch it, I can stick it on my shelf -- and never find time to watch it again.

Never said it was smart.

$15 a month at Netflix or buy 2 $4 movies at the pawn shop.

Hm...

I'll get the 2 to take home and keep.

And I do watch stuff over and over, so its even better.

Sometimes, I get the itch to watch a movie, I'll go buy it only to find out I already had the thing. It's happened several times.

I do that with books.

I own several copies and versions of books because i tend to buy used books in bag loads.

Then get home to find that I spend a $1 more than I needed for what I already have.

I call those copies "spares" since I will read a book enough times to have it eventually fall apart on me.

I've never used Netflix. I rarely have much time to watch many movies anymore and when I do, I usually just buy the DVD outright.

Yep, I can vouch for that. I saw all the movies you have in your basement down around the TV. You are almost as bad as another friend I have.

Yep, I remember us talking about you having multiple copies of movies and I found that kind of funny.