D6 Online 3.0
Sign in to follow this  
munkieboi

Question on creating races

I'm a little confused on how to create my own races for a fantasy setting using d6 fantasy. It's not really clear how it works concerning point costs and die limits with the examples provided. Maybe I missed something or I'm over complicating it, but either way I think I'm doing it wrong. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks 

You essentially put together a kit of advantages, disadvantages, special abilities from the character options section.  Each has a Creation Point cost associated.  Depending on how many CrP your racial build ends up costing that is the overall creation point cost for the racial template.  

Now, if you're doing attribute and skill dice, you want to come up with minimums and maximums for the various attributes, this gives your players guidelines to work between when spending their 18D attribute dice.  As for racial kit of advantages, disadvantages, special abilities, use the conversion of 1 creation point = 1 skill dice.  This way if you can still use the math above, but will be able to apply the template by only affecting skill or attribute dice.

Hope this helps!