D6 Online 3.0

Hi guys!

I have so much trouble finding these information that I finally decided to post a new topic.

In 1st core rulebook it is stated that for standard blasters you roll only 1D damage against starships (2D for heavier weapons) but I couldn't find anything about grenades and thermal detonators.

I just played my first session (the Rebel Breakout adventure from the book) and it happened that an Imperial threw a thermal detonator right on my player's ship. Is there any suggestion in official books? I just read those two from 30th anniversary edition and me and my players wanna stick to the rules for a couple of sessions before deciding to switch into 2nd edition or 2nd revisited.

I'd be really, REALLY thankful for any help.

WEG put out some rules updates and clarifications in the 1st Edition Rules Companion, one thing they worked on was scaling combat.

A character scale Thermal Detonator does 10D damage.  If you check the damage scale table on 21 of the Rules companion, it shows that your character's ship is Starship Scale. The chart reports that the most that any die can deal in damage is a 2.  So, depending on what the damage dice came up with, the most damage that your ship could have taken would be a 20 (10x2).

The ship rolls its hull normally and compares the capped thermal detonator damage to the uncapped starship hull's resistance.  Then decide damage levels normally. 

• Thanks 1

Just now, Durran said:

WEG put out some rules updates and clarifications in the 1st Edition Rules Companion, one thing they worked on was scaling combat.

Thanks a lot for your detailed explanation, that was everything I needed!

Me an my players just wanted to play some sessions on vanilla version but it seems, that we need some upgrades right away ;)

I was checking only "Rules Upgrade", but didn't touch the "Companion".

• Thanks 1

Glad to be of service! 

1st Edition reads well, but there are some reasons why changes were made to later additions, probably because people ended up in situations in their games where there was no official explanation on how to handle them.  

If you want to stick with the Feel of 1E, but with some clarifications and additions from the Rules Companion, you should check out Star Wars: Classic Adventures.  It was a fan project to combine everything rules related from 1E into a single source.  It's been what I use when I play 1st Edition, since I'm coming from the bloated 2nd Edition: Revised and Expanded.

However, I'm not sure where you might find it nowadays since the death of G+,  I'll hunt around and see if I can find you a link.