D6 Online 3.0
Sign in to follow this  
imported_Magman

Let's Hope

Obama has already stated he isn't able to walk on water. He knows that expectations are much greater than any person can fulfill. My expectations are simple, he has to do better than his predecessor. This is easy. Simply not being Bush will help win back trust in the world, America has lost. In this regard his job is easy.

But on the other hand he has to face a huge deficit, two wars that don't look too good (though there are less suicide bombings in Irak, this is still far from over), a collapsed housing market that is taking the economy with it, a big unemployment rate, mistrust and hate against the US all over the world, rising economy powers like China and Russia, not to forget all those problems that haven't been tackled for years. And now he has to watch powerless two months what mistakes Bush is able to make. I keep my fingers crossed for him.

Well, for what it's worth, I usually vote fairly heavily Republican. Though I'm more of a "what does the candidate offer" person rather than a political party type person. But one thing was evidently certain for me. My vote changed from McCain to Obama the moment he announced Palin as his running mate. I came from Alaska...I know all the shifty things she's done. I don't like her one bit!

But, thankfully, that's all done now.

If you didn't move to Canada during Bush, than how much worse could it get? The only way it could get worse is if the Senate votes emergency powers to be granted to the Supreme Chanc... I mean President Bush, and he stays in power longer than his two terms. :cool:

I live in Ohio and I already hate Winter as it is. I can't imagine moving even more north.

It could be worse that an idiot conservative that is an puppet to Christian fundementalists and oil tycoons.

You could have an idiot conservation that is not only a puppet to the Dominionists, and also a strong believer in their Apocolyptic vision (i.e. Palin) to bring about the "return of Jesus" by instituting the Christian Rule of Law.

Wow... my conspiracy theories are getting better. Some day I might be nearly as good as Skel.

It could be worse that an idiot conservative that is an puppet to Christian fundementalists and oil tycoons.

You could have an idiot conservation that is not only a puppet to the Dominionists, and also a strong believer in their Apocolyptic vision (i.e. Palin) to bring about the "return of Jesus" by instituting the Christian Rule of Law.

Wow... my conspiracy theories are getting better. Some day I might be nearly as good as Skel.

Have you been re-reading the Paranoia backstock again? :)

I can't find a conspiracy in any of that.

It just sounds like what one hears on the news like CNN or FOX -- though FOX will try to tell you how wonderful such a regime would be.

Due to the new policy in the Forum Rules (User Guidelines) and after the morderators and I discussed it backstage Political discussions are no longer allowed (due to the flamewars they can cause).

I am closing this thread.