D6 Online 3.0
Savar

game ooc

Okay, I'm here.  Automated registration worked like a charm. 

Are we posting our characters for all to see or forwarding them to you

That is a good question. 

It depends on if you want something hidden from the other players. At minimum you should have a physical description.  will talk to all players first. One has a ship and you are the only two that have submitted characters. 

OK, I will review my character and submit to you the actual character sheet and if anything is intended to be hidden so You have the complete picture.

You three are it. 

anlarye, kytross, netjedi

As soon as I get chars we can start. 

Edited by Savar

Okay hope to start this coming weekend.

The two of you that I okayed your char can post the public descriptions and such. 

I apologize for being out of touch. I have been dealing with a family emergency.  I should be able to post now. 

Edited by Kytross

Heh, I was having troubles also......

I had forgot to tell one player they could post hope they can post soon. 

The plan is everyone is on the same ship. I am going to have one NPC that had hired passage to get to the system. He is looking for an old shipment of AT-PTs, that he thinks went to this system. He has a large crate with door that he spends most of his time in.

Edited by Savar

Talking over how the crew formed would be good in occ :)

I am hoping to post tonight. Life should start claiming down soon. 

Good call on this being the appropriate forum for discussion. 

I am content with being a hired mechanic Droid if someone else wants to be the ship owner/captain.  

Greetings all! I look forward to enjoying some escape time with you all.

As for background connective tissue between all of us.
A good information broker is always on the look out for talent to help him in his endeavors. 
An astromech for navigation
A pilot
A mechanic

There is a start.

The astromech, can be a fairly easy addition, he was acquired either via barter or in lieu of payment for services rendered. Assuming that Kytross has no problem with his character being viewed as property. 

The pilot can be a hired hand, someone who was helped out of a troubling spot, or something different.

The mechanic, being that he is a Verpine, could be a tinkerer with a love and fascination of technology and naturally earned his place on the team as the mechanic/tinkerer.

Just some ideas to toss around, perhaps open up a discussion or dialogue with everyone to help nail down a few specifics.

I don't mind being considered property for the moment.  When you're on the run from the Empire, being a used astromech owned by an info chant sounds like a good cover. 

I don't know what your character skills are, but I have a feeling your guys are expecting J3 to handle the repair roles as well as the astrogation.  I actually see J3 as taking care of a lot of little inconveniences and problems in a quiet fashion to keep things running smoothly with a very low profile.  It is amazing what you can accomplish when people don't pay attention to you.

If I am reading this right, then Krack is the NPC that hired us to bring him to this system in search of lost AT-PTs, the guy who spends all his time in his crate.   Is that right Savar? 

So Ashlan owns the ship, and he hired Alaric as his pilot?  Is everyone cool with that?

Is it alright if Ashland acquired J3 awhile before he hired Alaric?  Maybe Alaric is a relatively recent hire who has been with us for a few months or so?  Going off your character profiles J3 would be very suspicious of Alaric's skill as a pilot, likely thinking that Alaric 'lied on his resume' as it were. 

On the other hand, as two individuals from well-off families who chose to gallivant across the galaxy, I imagine Alaric and Ashlan get along rather  famously.  Is Ashlan the kind of farghul to prefer someone who he gets along with well over a more skilled pilot?  As long as he can do the job of a pilot that is. 

Just a few ideas.  Let me know what you think.  If you like them I can have a post up shortly. 

Krack he could also be part of the crew, and he convinced the others to go looking for the "treasure" for shares. Selling the AT-PTs to someone in the rebellion would work for him. Or it could literally be, that he hired the group.

Sigh. Was hoping to post this morning, life happened. Forgot how much of a pain it is to do a long post with a smart phone. Computer is dead. No eta on new one.