D6 Online 3.0
Savar

Mini six psionic

Mini six psionic

Skills take 1 attribute point to get at 1D.  To upgrade farther use skill points. (Max 3D total @ creation)

All uses of psionic powers require concentration.

You get one power for free at 3D, each additional power costs 5cp.

Range

• Hand to hand

• Short 50

• Medium 100

• Long 200

Telekinesis Skill: See chart +

You can make a Lift check at a distance and move at a rate of 30 a round. If target is living and resisting they resist with Might.

Powers (Fine, Fly, Shield, Kill)

Telepathy Skill: Moderate+Charm

You can read thoughts of one person, language is not a barrier.

Powers (Blank, Control, Project, Stun)

Blank - Difficult

The psionic is protected from all spells and powers that influence, detect, or read emotions and thoughts.

Control - Very Difficult+Wit

The Telepath takes control of the physical body of a single character or creature. The Telepath may make the controlled being take any physical action it is capable of, but can’t make it use supernatural abilities or any Perk. The controlled being uses its own Might and Agility, but skills depend on those of the Telepath. The controlled may contest the Telepath for control each round.

Fine - Moderate

If you succeed you can make a non combat skill check at a distance.

Fly - Difficult

Flying at 10 per Telekinesis Die a round.

Kill - Difficult

If succeed roll Telekinesis for damage, reduced by soak and modifiers.

Project - Moderate+Charm

Talk silently, language is not a barrier.

Shield - Difficult

+1 soak per D of Telekinesis.

Sleep - Moderate+Wit

The Telepath can affect as many targets as he has dice in Telepathy. Targets resist individually, falling into a deep sleep on  failure.

Lift table

Weight / Difficulty

1 kg / 1

10 kg / 3

50 kg / 7

100 kg / 12

120 kg / 13

200 kg / 17

250 kg / 18

500 kg / 23

750 kg / 28

1,000 kg (1 ton) / 33

1,100–2,000 kg / 34-43

(+1 to base of 33 per 100 kg over 1,000 kg) 2,500–10,000 kg / 44-59

(+1 to base of 43 per 500 kg over 2,000 kg) 15,000–100,000 kg / 60-77

(+1 per to base of 59 per 5,000 kg over 10,000 kg)

not going to use this in my upcoming game, but thought I would ask what people think?

Telekinesis and telepath are Quasi Skills. The rest are techniques on how you you use the skills. Sorta like metaphysics in D6 Space.

Could do Biomanipulation and Teleport skills also. 

Teleport techniques would be teleporting others, summoning others, range increase? Like each technique for range would magnitude incress?

Biomanipulation techniques accelerate, heal, heal other, cure, cure other, sensory boost??????

Thoughts?

21 hours ago, Savar said:

Sigh, or is this to complicated for mini six?

The question I ask myself is, is there a way to achieve my goal using the rules as written? Sometimes that's possible, with just a little tweak. Sometimes not. But I've found that asking that question keeps me focused and from making things too complicated.

• Like 1

I think the beauty of Mini Six is that you can have it as complex as you need it to be. It's a great framework for D6 gaming

38 minutes ago, anlarye said:

I think the beauty of Mini Six is that you can have it as complex as you need it to be. It's a great framework for D6 gaming

There is my problem. Simplicity is what I see mini six designed for. Where Open D6 it's for more complexity. Although i might have miss read the concepts. 

Mini Six is designed for simplicity clearly. But I think that the way Ray wrote it was to be modular and compatible with Open D6 as well. So you could play as it is or swap out parts for others. 

Yup, vary cool. I am try to keep the distinction in my head. I tend to make complex rules, so I am trying to not do that when working with mini.