D6 Online 3.0
Savar

Hand to hand styles

Savar    3

Thinking have skill hand to hand. 

Wrestling, boxing, brawling, martial arts <choose your flavor>

Would all be advanced skills. 

Each dice of the advanced skill would allow a special maneuver. 

If you have multiple styles you pick your style on entering combat and can only use the abilitys of that style, unless you spend an action to change stances. 

For skill checks you would add the advanced skill to your hand to hand skill?

Other ideas or suggestions, I am looking at the maneuvers list from rebel special forces handbook pg. 116.

anlarye    7

in Star Wars, Martials Arts and Boxing are speciality skills under Brawling. I know with the Martial Arts each time you gain 1D above the Strength score, your character gets another martial arts technique (combat option). These are details in the REUP version of Star Wars D6 by Womp Rat Press. They are not bad.

Savar    3

I know ?. How ever with martial arts as a specialization the skills can advance fast.  I was trying to slow that down some with changing the skills around some. Need to do some mechanics testing. Not able to run an in person game at this time to test char advancement. 

Savar    3

Yes, have to get someone to playtest.  My time tends to be broken up so I could do a play by post but even a real time chat game wouldn't work at this stage of life.