Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Savar

professions

3 posts in this topic

another thought that I am thinking is about using the profession choice to determine starting resources.

Again, I have one setting that used this idea, and I was dabbling with another. Professions make sense in some settings, but not in other settings. So use professions carefully, and make sure they make sense for the game you are running.

I also tied initial starting skill choices to profession, besides starting funds. That way each character had a different feel from another. Kind of like how templates worked in Star Wars.

Again, I have one setting that used this idea, and I was dabbling with another. Professions make sense in some settings, but not in other settings. So use professions carefully, and make sure they make sense for the game you are running.

I also tied initial starting skill choices to profession, besides starting funds. That way each character had a different feel from another. Kind of like how templates worked in Star Wars.

I'll second that. Tying something else to the profession, like skill sets, is probably a good idea, to avoid abuse.

If it makes sense in the setting, though, it shouldn't be hard to put in place. RPG players are so trained on classes that I usually have to explain D6's lack of classes to at least one new player in each game.