D6 Online 3.0
Savar

attributes

In one setting, I used 8 attributes once. It worked for that setting, but would not have worked for every setting.

What's great about D6 is that it allows a person to make tweaks to it, and use it how they want for certain aspects. The one I used it for was a Gamma World type conversion to D6.

In one setting, I used 8 attributes once. It worked for that setting, but would not have worked for every setting.

What's great about D6 is that it allows a person to make tweaks to it, and use it how they want for certain aspects. The one I used it for was a Gamma World type conversion to D6.

thank you

looking at 8 for a stream punk setting

awareness = perception

body = strength, endurance

dexterity = coordination, reflexes

education = how much you know

spirit = magick, chi, psychic

social = get along

mechanical = controlling vehicles

technology = making and fixing things

awareness = perception

body = strength, endurance

dexterity = coordination, reflexes

education = how much you know

spirit = magick, chi, psychic

social = get along

mechanical = controlling vehicles

technology = making and fixing things

I like it.

has anyone used more then 6 attributes for a setting?

if so how did that work out?

I've considered it a few times, especially when I've wanted a strong social and technical component to character design. Ultimately, I retooled my list to six Attributes in each case. Eight should work fine in theory, but six seems like a good fit for CP costs and keeping down character design complexity. For point of reference, look to the old Deadlands line, which clearly had some inspiration from D6, but used ten (I believe) attributes: there were 2 or 3 attributes that were synonyms for Agile - I noticed some player and GM confusion when trying to recall which was used for what with those new to the game.

It probably comes down to how complex of a game are the players used to, and are you worried about players abusing one or more of those attributes as dump stats?