D6 Online 3.0
Whill

When will you first see The Force Awakens ?

I've had my six tickets for three showings since the week they went on sale.

I'm taking my wife Thursday night, a long time friend (since before RotJ in our childhood) on Friday morning, and my son on Monday morning.

I'm now going into media exile until after Thursday night, but I'll try to check in here this weekend.

May the Force be with us!

I'm too busy to see it for a bit, myself, and I hate opening weekend crowds normally anyway. So, I'll have to ignore anything related to the film online to avoid spoiling it (which I've been doing already with the upteen-million trailer news alerts out there) until I get a chance to leave the kids with a sitter and drive out of town to catch it at the nearest Alamo - because its worth the extra drive to go somewhere that still believes in kicking noisy people out of the theater (also, serving beer). I'll probably bring the older kid a week or so after.

I will probably give it some time as I hate the crowds as well. I unfortunately though have seen most of the spoilers already on the Social Highways, so any surprise from the movie is out the window. I am ok with that, I am not big into "I can't know what will happen". Its the movie experience and another Star Wars notch in the belt for the saga storyline lives on that I am looking forward too. I love Spare Operas.

<till this day, by far and large, the best MMO I have played is SWG> Perhaps this movie will re-ignite some traffic in the free game now and bring back the glory days it had, if not for a short time!

My wife liked it too. I saw TFA again Friday morning and it feels like I enjoyed it even more, or came to a fuller awareness of my initial appreciation (if there is even a difference). I haven't yet posted any specific reactions publically to avoid spoiling anyone or even coloring their perception of it in case they might be planning on seeing it soon. A few friends with various reactions have contacted me privately to initiate discussion, and it would seem so far from that, the film overall really works for me. I'm really looking forward to taking my son Monday morning and having a daddy-son day all about Star Wars (until my wife gets home from work).

I saw it on the 19th. We went to the 4:00 showing. Enjoyable movie.

I could talk about it more, but I don't want to spoil anything for anyone who hasn't seen it.

Finally had time to make it out to the theater.

Without spoilers, I really liked it overall. There were a few minor things I think could have been improved, but as a whole I think it was a good addition to the series. I'm really interested to see how they handle the sequels following it up, which might sway how I feel about this one.

If there are any Star Wars D6 fans on here that are on the fence about seeing it, I'd recommend it to you.

I've seen it a couple of times since it was released and, for what it is worth, I enjoyed it more the second time than the first. The film was a little bit predictable and a little too obvious as a set up for the franchise but, still, it was fun nonetheless. :D

I will probably give it some time as I hate the crowds as well. I unfortunately though have seen most of the spoilers already on the Social Highways, so any surprise from the movie is out the window. I am ok with that, I am not big into "I can't know what will happen". Its the movie experience and another Star Wars notch in the belt for the saga storyline lives on that I am looking forward too. I love Spare Operas.

<till this="" day,="" by="" far="" and="" large,="" the="" best="" mmo="" i="" have="" played="" is="" swg=""> Perhaps this movie will re-ignite some traffic in the free game now and bring back the glory days it had, if not for a short time!

I saw it on the 19th... Enjoyable movie.

I could talk about it more, but I don't want to spoil anything for anyone who hasn't seen it.

Finally had time to make it out to the theater.

Without spoilers, I really liked it overall. There were a few minor things I think could have been improved, but as a whole I think it was a good addition to the series. I'm really interested to see how they handle the sequels following it up, which might sway how I feel about this one.

If there are any Star Wars D6 fans on here that are on the fence about seeing it, I'd recommend it to you.

I've seen it a couple of times since it was released and, for what it is worth, I enjoyed it more the second time than the first. The film was a little bit predictable and a little too obvious as a set up for the franchise but, still, it was fun nonetheless. :D

Being as we've gotten past the holiday weekends, perhaps everyone who is trying to avoid spoilers has seen it by now?

</till>

Being as we've gotten past the holiday weekends, perhaps everyone who is trying to avoid spoilers has seen it by now?

</till>

Perhaps there just needs to be another thread with a substantial and obvious "spoiler" tag on it?

I thought it was okay (saw it in Theatre's), as others in the media have said I liked it better the first time when it was called Star Wars Episode 4 A New Hope :-)

It uses the exact same plot frame work as Episode 4, so mostly enjoyable.

I thought that while it paid homage to the original, it was different enough to stand on its own. Some parts were some of the best acting I've seen in Star Wars movies.

I'm expecting them to push boundaries somewhat with the next two films. After the general response the prequels got, I don't doubt that everyone involved wanted to skew as close to A New Hope as possible before doing their own thing.

I personally would have liked more focus on the fighter combat (especially with one of the principal new characters being a fighter pilot), but I get the feeling that the people involved didn't share Lucas' love of air action films - so no trench run equivalent scene in this one. That's all my preference though - I love that sort of thing myself. On board topic, my first SW D6 character used the Brash Pilot template, because, "I can fly an X-Wing? Done!" I could feel the GM inwardly sigh and immediately try to figure out how to work me into a party and decide whether to incorporate any space combat into the game.

How can you have Star Wars without any space combat?

It's a mystery to everyone?

Actually, this was an experienced SW GM playing a few sessions with players new to the game, so I assume he just avoided space combat to keep things simpler for the group. I'd probably do the same thing in his situation. For a short campaign or longer, I think it'd pretty much be unavoidable (except for very focused campaign concepts).