D6 Online 3.0
Green Dragon

Up-Condition and Resistance to Normal Weapons (Horror Powers)

I keep going back and forth on these:

Let's start with Up. A Vampyre may have Up:Night, and Weakness:Day (Stymie or Severe - aka damage). Does this mean he has one up, and loses his first roll again? Or does he roll again every round at night, and is stymied all day? The latter makes more sense - especially for the flaw - but seems too powerful.

Resistance to Normal Weapons turns five wounds to shock points. Is this per attack, or total? Again if it is constant, it seems very powerful.

Took me a moment to figure out the smiley face was a colon followed by a capital d.

I'm pretty sure all of the effects in question are constant; every roll at night is an Up, every roll in the day is Stymied, and every attack by normal weapons has the first five wounds turned into shock points. They are pretty powerful, which is why you don't go after a vampyre at night with normal weapons!

I never actually looked at the post. Those emoticons are sneaky...almost like they are a subset of... Dcepticon!

Thanks for the reply Jim. I'd considered Horror Powers to be roughly on par with Advantage levels from Masterbook, or about twice that of Pulp Powers (Shapeshifting as a pulp power, I'd deemed a 6 point power based on that scale). But, yeah, Horror Powers - not being intended for PCs don't have to play on the same scale.

The next Orrorshan Monster hunt is going to be as dangerous as the Destiny Map Mantooth fight was. I ran that one using the every round rule, and changed afterward because he nearly took out the entire party. But experienced characters should be able to handle it.

Thanks again.

Resistance to normal weapons was, for Ord Horrors, disastrous.

Deal 3 wounds = 22 shock! (15 from Wounds, 7 from 3W result) = unconscious for anything with Tou of 22 or less.

2 W = 16 Shock in one blow

1 W = 9 or 10 shock

Shock accumulated right quick, so much so I wrote "never give to Ord Horrors" next to it in the Sourcebook. : )

Resistance to normal weapons was, for Ord Horrors, disastrous.

Deal 3 wounds = 22 shock! (15 from Wounds, 7 from 3W result) = unconscious for anything with Tou of 22 or less.

2 W = 16 Shock in one blow

1 W = 9 or 10 shock

Shock accumulated right quick, so much so I wrote "never give to Ord Horrors" next to it in the Sourcebook. : )

You may have read that wrong. The first five Wounds from a normal weapon are turned to shock. So, whatever took 3 W in your first example would take 10 Shock. Each Wound would turn into 1 Shock each for 3 Shock and 7 more for 10 Shock. That said, the thing would still be KOed unless it was immune to K or O conditions.