D6 Online 3.0
Goliath86

New Here and Love Star Wars D6

Hello all. I'm totally new here and have been looking for a long time for a place to play D6 star wars. I have played for years at home with a group of friends but that has kind of broken up over the years. Not sure how active this place is but if people are still around great! I normally like to play a bad guy which kind of sucked as the GM was not in to bad guys at all. But yeah great to meet you all.

I think it largely depends on your group, really. I've only ever done one short adventure with "villain" (or "questionable morals" type) characters. I'm still of the type that takes away the character should they ever "fall to the Dark Side".

I don't know of too many other instances of this, but I'm sure some groups play such games a lot more than other groups. It's taste preference.

I prefer a more heroic adventure game, and a less dark one, so villain campaigns aren't really up my alley.

I like complex characters. The best campaign I have ever played was one where I was playing a young jedi in the new jedi order era with a few people playing jedi. they were all about being the new wave of the jedi. The one I played wanted to reform the jedi and later even wanted the jedi counsel to lead the galaxy and take a more active stance in the galaxy. later he kind of want rouge with a few other jedi and launched a crusader against the hutts. slowing turning to the darkside.

Sadly it's been WAY too long since I've been able to run a game. Wish I could get people away from Pathfinder in order to play this game.

I've played Star Wars 1988-1990, 1992-2005, and 2008-2012. So it's been three years for me. But this is "the year of Star Wars" and I will start to play again soon.

Hey all it has been a year or three since I have been on this site.

As for my Star Wars D6 activities I try to run a game once a month, but that seems to really work out to once every 3 months at best. Saturday of last week I had a game scheduled I spent a great deal of time thinking about the game details and a couple hours writing it only to have most of my players suddenly become unavailable at game time.

I have not been very impressed with my group for a while now.

Anyway on a positive note I am glad to see this site is still active, I'll try and be on here more often.

Gah! I hate when players do that!

That's one of those problems with having a "once a month" game session. People forget, make other plans, and unless the game is super special, they lose interest due to the long expanses of time.

Once a month gaming is SLOWER than online Play-by-Post, and those games usually have problems after a year.

Hopefully you can find a group you can do thing with more often, to set up a little more regularity in gaming and get more show-up time. But it IS good to see you will be spending more time here!

It happens to my group quite frequently. We meet online and although I don't really care for online gaming it's the only way to pull my players together.

On a side note, I'm hoping to work on a new d6 sci-fi game in the coming future, it won't be the awesomeness o Star Wars but it'll offer new material for sure.

Gah! I hate when players do that!

That's one of those problems with having a "once a month" game session. People forget, make other plans, and unless the game is super special, they lose interest due to the long expanses of time.

Once a month gaming is SLOWER than online Play-by-Post, and those games usually have problems after a year.

Hopefully you can find a group you can do thing with more often, to set up a little more regularity in gaming and get more show-up time. But it IS good to see you will be spending more time here!

We use to play 2 or 3 times a month but I have two little kids now, plus I'm still doing radio comedy (and now YouTube) plus working from home so it has been whittled down to once a month thing. I have a face book group page where I post the events along with game session updates/reminders but still this no show crap continues.

My daughter is 6 now and I have already run her in a little one encounter game (actually that was when she was 5). She really liked it (and keeps bugging me to let her play too) so maybe it is time to leave my group of largely flaky players behind and start training the next generation of D6-ers :-)

My Son will be three early next year so I figure it will still be another 2 years at minimum before I can get him on little simple adventures.