D6 Online 3.0
daddystabz

Any help/advice for converting between percentile and D6?

I am looking to run an online campaign of the D6 WEG game Indiana Jones Adventures for some players online and I want to convert the movie characters (Indy, Sallah, Marion, etc.) from the percentile The Adventures of Indiana Jones game by TSR into the D6 system of the Indiana Jones Adventures game.

Can anyone give me some guidance on converting from percentile into D6 please? It would be greatly appreciated and I thank you in advance.

Converting percentile to D6 is more "best guess" than any set in stone method. You have to gauge a high point of skills in percentile and determine that for the maximum stats. So say 80 is the typical maximum stat. You could then decide that 80 is equivalent to 4D. Anything above 80 would be over 4D for attributes. Then you could roughly determine that every 20 is 1D. That means every 7 points (roughly) is 1 pip. So if an attribute came in at 75, you could put it at 3D+2.

This becomes more tricky if you truly have attributes running from the 90s to low 60s, or the max end is somewhere around 73.

Likewise, the skills work with a rough estimate based on what is being represented. If "barely skilled" is equivalent to the percentile skill of 20, you would want to put that at 1D.

If "well skilled" in percentile is 40, you'd want to put that somewhere around 2D+2.

And so on.

It's more guess work and doing what feels right for the setting than it is any step by step conversion process.

I can refer you to this site: http://www.daemonstorm.com/role-playing/d6-system/D6-Probabilities-with-the-Wild-Die

which will help you guesstimate rough probabilities. But in general Grimace is right, and my tedious experiments with d20 probability conversion support his claims. It will likely be easier to just set the difficulty in d6 as befits your adventure (and what you think should be easy and what should be challenging).

I am looking to run an online campaign of the D6 WEG game Indiana Jones Adventures for some players online and I want to convert the movie characters (Indy, Sallah, Marion, etc.) from the percentile The Adventures of Indiana Jones game by TSR into the D6 system of the Indiana Jones Adventures game.

Can anyone give me some guidance on converting from percentile into D6 please? It would be greatly appreciated and I thank you in advance.

Ah, the TSR box set games. That takes me back. I had The Adventures of Indiana Jones, Marvel Superheroes and Star Frontiers. The only box set I still have is D&D Basic, but all the Star Frontier stuff was released digitally online for free (legally by the copyright holder) so I snatched that stuff up.

Instead of trying to convert from the TSR game to IJ D6, why don't you convert the movie characters from Masterbook to D6? The IJ ADventures D6 book has the Masterbook/D6 conversion guidelines.

Another option would be to just stat out the characters in D6 yourself. You've seen the movies multiple times right? You've played D6? You could make your own stats, and even post them here if you want feedback.