D6 Online 3.0
Sign in to follow this  
Havard

TORG Comic books

Hi there,

I just ordered 3 issues of the Torg comic book via ebay. How many of these were ever published? Were they any good, or did I just waste some money on geekery (again)? :)

-Havard

You're missing one issue. The 4 issue mini series basically is the story to go with the Tharkold Sourcebooks, featuring most of the named characters from the Tharkold Realm book. It wasn't bad, though not as good - in some respects to - an actual novelization. Visuals were nice, but sometimes the story got a bit rushed, and exposition left by the wayside. (As is normal for the medium).

Oddly, Issue #1 features the art for the Nile Empire Realm Book, even though it has nothing to do with the story. I'd hoped that meant the book would be ongoing, with stories for other realms as well. Sadly not the case.

There was only 4 individual issues, but they also published a "Demon Invasion" trade paperback, which collected all 4. All of them are hard to find, and getting harder as the years roll by.

Also note that the characters in the comic (Abbas Sombol, et. al.) appear as NPC's in the "Characters and Creatures" chapter of the Tharkold Sourcebook and the events of the mini-series are recounted in the included timeline. (Sombol is the first "monster" in the chapter, on page 61.)

And that's your nerdy infodump for the day! :)

Thanks guys! I managed to get issue 4 which just arrived, but still waiting for the first three.

TORG sure had alot of things going for it with novels, comics, infiniverse etc in addition to the RPG itself. :)

-Havard