D6 Online 3.0
Sign in to follow this  
Green Dragon

Disconnection Question

OK. So an Ord in an invading realm disconnects, he transforms, the DD sucks up the P, and if it happens again he goes poof.

But what if an ord disconnects somewhere outside a stelae zone? Say an Ayslish Ord crosses in to Core Earth? Wouldn't the natural laws simply refill him, but with Earth-flavored Ps instead of Ayslish?

Disconnected characters cannot receive any P-Energy at all, their connection to the Everlaw of Two is necessary for P-Energy to flow into them. A disconnected ord Ayslish in Core Earth isn't getting anything from anyone. If he ever reconnects then he'll receive P-Energy from his home reality again, not from where he is located.

OK. So an Ord in an invading realm disconnects, he transforms, the DD sucks up the P, and if it happens again he goes poof.

But what if an ord disconnects somewhere outside a stelae zone? Say an Ayslish Ord crosses in to Core Earth? Wouldn't the natural laws simply refill him, but with Earth-flavored Ps instead of Ayslish?

If the AY Ord disconnects in Core Earth, he will not gain PE, but he won't lose it, either. If said AY Ord transforms to CE reality and stays there, he will probably regain the PE he lost in the transformation over time. If he returns to AY without regaining his energy (and I have no idea how long that might take but would bet on it being weeks if not months) he risks a second transformation and poof into blue-red fire.

Disconnected characters cannot receive any P-Energy at all, their connection to the Everlaw of Two is necessary for P-Energy to flow into them. A disconnected ord Ayslish in Core Earth isn't getting anything from anyone. If he ever reconnects then he'll receive P-Energy from his home reality again, not from where he is located.
Wait. I thought that if an Ord disconnected, they automatically transformed to the reality they disconnected in. So wouldn't my Ayslish ord now be a Core Earther? And thus be in his "home cosm."

Wait. I thought that if an Ord disconnected, they automatically transformed to the reality they disconnected in. So wouldn't my Ayslish ord now be a Core Earther? And thus be in his "home cosm."

Nope, transformation is not automatic for a disconnected ord. It's actually independent of whether they are connected or not.