D6 Online 3.0
Durran

D6 Fantasy (Dungeons & D6) Converting Monsters from D&D to D6 Fantasy

If you're interested, send me an email...  you can find my email in my profile. Put D6 Fantasy in the subject line, and I'll send some things along.  You can then use or discard what you want, modify if needed (but the system I have had years of play time, so I know it does the trick), and beautify as you desire.

I'm several monsters in with my new conversion method.  So far I'm pretty satisfied with how it's going.  I'm going to finish converting up through CR1 before I post my conversion notes.  I'm on Giant Fire Beetle so far and going strong, but after each monster I make little tweaks to my initial decisions, so I have to go back and update them just a bit.

8 hours ago, Durran said:

I'm several monsters in with my new conversion method.  So far I'm pretty satisfied with how it's going.  I'm going to finish converting up through CR1 before I post my conversion notes.  I'm on Giant Fire Beetle so far and going strong, but after each monster I make little tweaks to my initial decisions, so I have to go back and update them just a bit.

Why don't you share one or two just so we can see what you are doing with your new conversion method?

Typical Dire Rat

This enormous rat looks bigger and more vicious than most dogs.  It has coarse, spiky fur, malevolent eyes, and a long naked tail.

Strength 2D+1:

Climbing 6D, Melee Combat: 3D+2, Swimming 6D

Dexterity 3D+2:

Stealth 5D, (S)Hide 6D+1, Reflex 5D+1

Constitution 2D+2:

Fortitude 3D+2

Intelligence +1:

Wisdom 2D+2:

Perception 4D, Willpower 3D+2

Charisma 1D:

Move: 12

Fate Points:

Character Points:

Body Points:

Wound Levels:

Scale: Small (-2)

Special Abilities:

Disease: Fortitude Difficulty 12, 1D Days incubation, failed Fortitude means -1D from Dexterity and Constitution rolls.

Natural Armor: +1 to Damage Resistance Rolls

Skill Bonus: +8 to Climbing and Swimming checks.

Typical Gear:

Bite: 3D+2 (Plus Disease)

Typical Dog

The Statistics here are for a fairly small dog of about 20 – 50lbs in weight.  They can also be used for small wild canines such as coyotes, jackals, and African wild dogs.

Strength 3D:

Lifting 3D+1, Jumping 5D+1, Melee Combat: 3D+2

Dexterity 3D+2:

Reflex 5D+1

Constitution 3D+1:

Fortitude 4D+2

Intelligence +2:

Wisdom 2D+2:

Perception 4D+1 (+4), Survival: 3D (+4), Willpower 3D

Charisma 1D+1:

Move: 12

Body Points: 14

Wound Levels: 1

Special Abilities:

Low-light vision: Can see twice as far in low light situations.

Scent: Can track by scent, +4 to perception and Survival: Tracking rolls.

Natural Armor: +1 to Damage Resistance Rolls.

Typical Gear:

Bite (5D)

Typical Kobold

This Humanoid is about the size of a gnome or halfling. It has a scaly hide, a naked tail like that of a rat, and a doglike head with two small horns.

Strength 2D:

Melee Attack 2D+1

Dexterity 3D:

Reflex 3D+1, Stealth 3D+2, (S)Hide 4D+1, Ranged Attack 4D

Constitution 2D+1:

Fortitude 3D

Intelligence 2D+1:

Wisdom 2D:

Craft (Trapmaking) 2D+2, Perception 4D, Profession (Miner) 2D+2, Willpower 1D+2

Charisma 1D+2

Move: 10

Body Points: 8

Wound Levels: 1

Special Abilities:

Alertness: +2 bonus on Perception checks

Darkvision: 60’

Light Sensitivity: Kobolds suffer a -1D to all rolls made in bright sunlight or in the area of a daylight spell.

Natural Armor: Kobolds get a +1 bonus to resist damage because of their tough skin.

Racial Skills: +2 bonus on Trapmaking, Miner, and Search checks.

Typical Gear:

Spear: 4D+2

Sling: 3D+1

For some reason it won't let me edit the above post. Found some formatting issues which I fixed on the source document. 🤣

On the clock here, directly stealing Grimace's premise (the grimace premise) and applying it to the notion of 3rd edition whereas his work appears to be derived from 2e. This go-round I aim to keep it close to baseline D6 Fantasy as possible and thus more readily usable by everyone.

If I get it right the outcome should be usable in a core rules D6 Fantasy game with only the need to change D&D (attributes/skills) to D6 Fantasy (attributes/skills.) My own campaigns will just use the D&D (attributes/skills) plus any needed D6 Fantasy skills not covered by D&D skill list such as melee combat, thrown weapons, fighting, marksmanship.

At present I'm crafting handout overview with character class emulation ala Grimace method. Going to use Durran's extended difficulty chart, it helps in converting D&D spell levels. Presently  constructing baseline player handouts with relevant info as you've seen me produce, once that portion is done I may try to recast all the conversions you've shared here thusfar in the d&d attribute/skill format in polished up stat blocks that might be easier to read, probably as screenies.

5 hours ago, slipshot762 said:

If I get it right the outcome should be usable in a core rules D6 Fantasy game with only the need to change D&D (attributes/skills) to D6 Fantasy (attributes/skills.) My own campaigns will just use the D&D (attributes/skills) plus any needed D6 Fantasy skills not covered by D&D skill list such as melee combat, thrown weapons, fighting, marksmanship.

Changing the attributes/skills is fine if you want to, but it's not necessarily needed.  For example, I didn't change the names from AD&D to my D6 game, and I kept the same rough names for some of the skills as well as added my own to allow for a range of skills.  By not changing the names of the attributes, I helped to keep the "feel" of the fantasy that I was borrowing from.  Though the attributes were now in D6 rather than D20, they still had the same name so there wasn't any disconnect in how the players thought of a character and its attributes.  If in the borrowed game a fighter needed high Strength and Constitution, so would those same attributes be used in the D6 game.  Thus I still had Charm and Wisdom in my D6 game.  

So basically, you don't need to change the names if you don't want to.  Yeah, I know that by changing them others may be able to use them in their D6 Fantasy games, but it doesn't necessarily stop you from sharing the material anyway, as it will still be D6 material.  Heck, if that was the case, I wouldn't have shared the info about my AD&D conversion with you for fear that you would be confused by the attribute names and how they didn't line up with D6 Fantasy (granted, as I did this years before D6 Fantasy came out, I had the excuse that I didn't work off D6 Fantasy, and instead used the D6 "cookbook" as my source of ideas on this).

And, as an aside, I found I had also some some more classes, in case you are interested in seeing more.  They are:

Barbarian

Berserker

Monk

Cavalier

Swashbuckler

Samurai

On 8/23/2019 at 9:09 AM, Grimace said:

So basically, you don't need to change the names if you don't want to., And, as an aside, I found I had also some some more classes, in case you are interested in seeing more. 

I never liked the default D6 Fantasy attribute names, using the classic d&d ones makes me smile a little bit. I'm not sure exactly how to convert between the two any better than the earlier conversion guidelines that i think it was Durran posted, and thats what i'd tell anyone that asked me about converting attributes from the d&d format to the default D6 Fantasy attributes, either take a swing at it or use the headstart of that previously shared document.

And of course you know we want to see the classes, please, except maybe samurai kennys not allowed to be a samurai.

For the new classes, they fall into the same skill dice available based on classification of Warrior, Wizard, Rogue or Priest.  

Warriors are:  Barbarian, Berserker, and Cavalier

Rogues are:  Swashbuckler

Priests are:  Monk and Samurai

Each class of character is initially limited in the skills that they can choose from. 

Barbarian              General and Warrior

Berserker               General and Warrior

Cavalier                 General and Warrior

Swashbuckler       General and Rogue

Monk                     General and Priest

Samurai                 General and Priest and Warrior

Barbarian

Only Humans, Dwarves or Gnomes may be Barbarians

May not wear armor heavier than Splint armor

Gains a permanent +2 pips to Strength attribute

Gains the skill of Intimidation at 1D

Due to the alert nature of the barbarian, they gain +1D to Initiative rolls and to their first attack in combat, regardless whether or not it’s using melee, unarmed, or ranged combat.

Gains a permanent bonus of +5 to total die roll when making Fear checks.

Must spend all except 5 gold pieces (or less) of starting funds

Berserker

Only Humans, Dwarves, Elves or Gnomes may be Berserkers

Not limited to any particular weapons or armor during normal circumstances

May choose to “go berserk”, gaining bonuses and suffering restrictions in doing so

Can only “go berserk” one of two ways:  After fighting in combat for 5 rounds, may “go berserk” if chooses.  Before combat, may enter a trance-like state, chanting and working into fervor over the course of 10 rounds.

Being “berserk” makes the individual super hyped on adrenaline, making them almost superhuman.  They ignore pain and become devoted to defeating all enemies.

Benefits while “berserk”:  +1D to hit with melee or unarmed in combat.

+1D to damage

immune to Charm or Sleep spells

gains a temporary +2D Magic to resist Hold Person or Confusion

cannot be knocked unconscious while berserk

not affected by damage (save for death) while berserk

may perform two attacks without suffering penalties if wearing

armor that does not affect Dexterity

Restrictions while “berserk”:  cannot use ranged weapons while berserk

Cannot take cover from ranged fire while berserk

GM keeps track of damage scored while berserk, with player

unable to know amount of damage

Must fight each enemy until they fall and must fight until ALL

enemies are defeated

When stops “going berserk” (when all are defeated), all damage

takes effect and for every 5 rounds berserk, gain 1 Fatigue

Cavalier

Only Humans or Half Elves may be Cavaliers

Usually starts with a riding mount (check with GM)

Gains +1D to riding skill of Cavalier’s choice

Gains a +1D specialty in Melee Combat of Sword use

Immune to Fear spell

Has an innate 2D Magic Resistance against spells that affect the mind

Due to a Cavalier’s presence, he provides courage to those around him.  All within 3 meters gain a +5 (plus the Fame of the Cavalier) when they roll for Fear checks.

Must always uphold high morals:  obey the law, never fight unfairly, respect superiors and women (if male), stop evil when it appears, and always hold to your word.

Samurai

Gains the Katana for free

Must swear fealty to a master and be devoted to what he/she commands.

If Samurai disrespects his master, or fails to do as commanded, he/she is shunned and loses his title of Samurai and most atone for his disrespect.  Failure to atone or if the master of the Samurai dies, the Samurai then becomes a Ronin.

If a Ronin, does not have ability to focus inner strength.

Once per day, may focus inner strength by emitting a war shout, or “kiai”.  This increases STR by double (maximum of 8D) for one full round.

Must choose Reading/Writing as a skill to start.

May purchase Oriental weapons and armor

Swashbuckler

Dwarves and Gnomes may not be swashbucklers

If not wearing any armor, gains the following:

+1D to Dodge

+1D to Melee Parry

+1D to Brawling Parry

+1D to Jumping

After rolling to determine dominant hand, if character is not ambidextrous, roll 2D.  If result is doubles, then character has learned to be ambidextrous.

Gains the new skill of Intimidation at +1D

Knows the location or existence of a hidden treasure, but lacks the ability to get there and acquire it.

Monk

Gains the skill of Reading/Writing at +1D

May only wear Leather, Padded or Hide armor

Monks may “fast” for a time period if needed, and can continue to operate, without suffering penalties, without food for a period of up to two weeks, as long as he/she can drink adequate amounts of water.  After the first week, for each day beyond spent fasting, the monk must make a Moderate Willpower check to avoid gaining fatigue.  Each day that the monk fails, he/she gains 1 fatigue from lack of food.  A monk may not fast for longer than two weeks, even if they can withstand the effects of fatigue.

Monks may enter a meditative state that helps refresh their body and mind.  If they remain in meditation for 4 hours, uninterrupted, they can ignore the effects of all fatigue for a period of one hour.  The monk will also be refreshed feeling and capable of further physical or mental exercise.  This meditation does NOT take the place of sleep.  A monk must still sleep each night.  A monk can come out of meditation instantly and alertly without suffering any penalties for being in meditation.

Most monks, if they use any weapons at all, use only a staff or a spear.  When armed with such a weapon, they can perform special moves when they reach certain skill levels.  When Melee Combat reaches 3D, the monk gains the specialty of Parry Arrows at one pip.  With this skill, on a Moderate roll, a monk can block arrows or other thrown or shot weapons with his staff or spear.  When Melee Combat reaches 5D, the monk gains the specialty of Staff Strike, and a Difficult roll using that specialty will allow the monk to successfully stun and knock down a man sized target with one hit.

Very nice! ad&d cavaliers/paladins were always a hard one for me to wrap my head around, they seemed too similar to warrant separate classes but going to the newer editions they dropped cavalier or made it a prestige class while keeping paladin, i would've kept cavalier personally i feel it does the paladin role well enough w/o trampling on the clerics toes.

"Restrictions while “berserk”:  cannot use ranged weapons while berserk"

Seeing this ^^^ I realize I forgot to address that in my barbarian write up, i agree it  is not thematic for a "raging" barbarian to be using bow or crossbow but i failed to consider that and build a restriction for it into my write up (i'd still allow thrown weapons) so what i'll probably do is just enforce the no bow/xbow while raging thing on the fly as needed.

Ah monks, I've always disdained the eastern themed classes and monk is where my dissapointment with that begins as i remember thinking medieval european monks but they were (in 3e at least) more dragonballz or last airbender than friar tuck. I will likely make absolutely no effort to utilize eastern themed classes, i could have a campaign hard polished and themed for arthurian or conan type fantasy and someone (kenny) will always want to cram an eastern oriental character in there just to be a pain, eccentric, different from the other players...and from an area beyond the edge of my map.

To date neither myself or anyone that i've seen has scome up with a more european styled monk that still qualifies as a character class to any degree. Its more like euro monks are the npcs from which clerics and paladins are spontaneously born, at least in the eye of my own personal biases. I don't dislike asians or anything, hell i used to work for the japanese and ive been to japan, i just dont like their medieval aesthetic at all and side by side with euro its harshly jarring to me to try to even visualize a ceramic armored samurai travelling with percival to hunt down a euro themed dragon. I'm not a fan of anime either, so I get grief on that front from younger pickup players when we have any.

While d&d might be 8-sided dice for kenny, for me its the aesthetic larry elmores artwork from the 80's basic d&d boxed set line. I would be interested though in seeing how someone might recast monk as a viable class with a eurocentric theme.

edited to add: This time around i have not yet decided to include character level in any way, i'd also like to see what can be done with that if anything. for example one could say your level is just the number of quests you've completed (and thus the number of times you've spent xp to improve skills/attributes) including session zero/backstory but otherwise has no effect that is not a function of a converted spell (cloudkill for example insta-gibs anything below 4hd or level four if i recall correctly).

Another thought i had there was that level limits how high above base attribute you can pump a skill, like 1D for level one 20D for level 20, and you purchase these levels for say 10 xp per level so going from lvl1 to lvl2 would be 10 points for example.

You could do a hard xp chart, which im told players like, but i dont want to get away from the D6 method of increasing individual skills per default rules. Anyone got any ideas on how to implement level i'd like to see it; as of right now i'm simply discarding the concept of lvl entirely in what i write up.

3 hours ago, slipshot762 said:

To date neither myself or anyone that i've seen has scome up with a more european styled monk that still qualifies as a character class to any degree. Its more like euro monks are the npcs from which clerics and paladins are spontaneously born, at least in the eye of my own personal biases. I don't dislike asians or anything, hell i used to work for the japanese and ive been to japan, i just dont like their medieval aesthetic at all and side by side with euro its harshly jarring to me to try to even visualize a ceramic armored samurai travelling with percival to hunt down a euro themed dragon. I'm not a fan of anime either, so I get grief on that front from younger pickup players when we have any.

I am working on a "Western Monk" as I type this.  Once I have something finalized I will post it.  It has a form of "levels" in it to reflect the classifications of monks of European monks.

3 hours ago, slipshot762 said:

edited to add: This time around i have not yet decided to include character level in any way, i'd also like to see what can be done with that if anything. for example one could say your level is just the number of quests you've completed (and thus the number of times you've spent xp to improve skills/attributes) including session zero/backstory but otherwise has no effect that is not a function of a converted spell (cloudkill for example insta-gibs anything below 4hd or level four if i recall correctly).

I would honestly stay well away from the concept of "levels" as presented in D&D.  They are so restrictive, and not worth the effort when you have an elegant system like Character Points in D6.  The only sort of aspect that I use as "levels" is for special abilities like Magic.  The # before the D becomes the "level" of spell they can cast.  So 1D in Magic can cast up to 1st Level Spells.  2D in Magic can cast up to 2nd Level spells, and so on.  Since I have Magic be raised like the Force Power in Star Wars (10 CPs per pip), it still takes time for a person to cast real high level spells.  

The whole concept of achieving a level of experience in order to have a "PWANG! You are now smarter!" is just not something that I would ever want to try to include in D6.  Too restrictive.  I have "levels of achievement" in the new European Monk I am working up, but the feeling of restriction is intentional with that one because not everyone should be able to achieve the high levels of being a Monk.

If you're just looking for a tracking mechanism so people can tell how experience they are, do what I did and use Veteran Points.  Every time they gain Character Points, they gain a mirrored amount of Veteran Points.  Veterans Points are NEVER used in a game, they are a measure of how much that character has grown over time.  If a character dies or a new player joins mid-campaign, you can take the Veterans Points and drop the top amount, averaging the rest and then giving 75% of that total in Character Points to the new character to increase their skills so they are able to "keep up" with the advanced characters.  So Veterans Points only ever increase, they NEVER decrease.  They are never used up.  

Example:  Gain 5 CPs.  Veteran Points of 5.  Next session, gain 8 CPs, Veterans points now 13.  Next session gains 4 CPs, Veteran Points now 17.  Next session gain 7 CPs.  Veterans Points now 24.  And so on.  So if you have 4 players and their characters Veteran Points are 58, 46, 48, and 40, and a new player wants to join.  You drop the 58 and get an average of the other three (134 divided by 3 = 44.6)  You take 75% of that and get 33.45, rounded appropriately to 33.  So the new character would get 33 Character Points to increase their skills above the starting amount, so the new character is a bit closer to the status of the characters that have been adventuring the entire time.

I found it worked quite well, as I had a number of players join into my games during a campaign, and this gave them a good standing when they joined so as not to be a completely new starting character when everyone else is buffed up and more skilled. And it worked the one time we actually lost a player character and he wanted to make up another character to continue playing.  He went with a completely different class of character to try something different.

I was thinking about taking XP and CP and splitting them up. 

XP is used for improving the character, while the roll improvements are retooled into something like Karma or whatever. Characters get Karma for completing objectives, good role-playing, and being heroic.  Being an a-hole can lose a character Karma, and at negative levels, they'll suffer social penalties with decent folk in the world.  I want to encourage characters to be heroic, and discourage the typical murderhobo behavior.  This seemed like an easy way to do it.

XP, I will also be tracking, and level will be just used for approximate character benchmarks.  I was thinking about taking the level scale in 3.5 and dividing it by 100 to get my D6 levels.  10XP earned gets you to level 2.  1900 gets you to level 20. Even though I'm dumbfounded about the idea where a character manages to use 1900 points for improvements, but I'm trying to emulate D&D in the D6 system, so there has to be some high level play involved.

These will get adjusted after play testing, of course.

I'm in the middle of my work week right now, so I'll have to come back to my conversions during the week if I get some time to work on it.  My wife has also started classes again, so my free time has dwindled to only a couple of hours a week.  I'm starting to remember why this ended up on the back burner. 😁

2 hours ago, Durran said:

I was thinking about taking XP and CP and splitting them up. 

XP is used for improving the character, while the roll improvements are retooled into something like Karma or whatever. Characters get Karma for completing objectives, good role-playing, and being heroic.  Being an a-hole can lose a character Karma, and at negative levels, they'll suffer social penalties with decent folk in the world.  I want to encourage characters to be heroic, and discourage the typical murderhobo behavior.  This seemed like an easy way to do it.

XP, I will also be tracking, and level will be just used for approximate character benchmarks.  I was thinking about taking the level scale in 3.5 and dividing it by 100 to get my D6 levels.  10XP earned gets you to level 2.  1900 gets you to level 20. Even though I'm dumbfounded about the idea where a character manages to use 1900 points for improvements, but I'm trying to emulate D&D in the D6 system, so there has to be some high level play involved.

These will get adjusted after play testing, of course.

I'm in the middle of my work week right now, so I'll have to come back to my conversions during the week if I get some time to work on it.  My wife has also started classes again, so my free time has dwindled to only a couple of hours a week.  I'm starting to remember why this ended up on the back burner. 😁

marvel super heroes used a similar system that was in fact called karma, used to advance roll results or purchase or improve powers or power levels. everytime i mull over the idea for D6 i gravitate toward just saying that your character level is equal to how many quests you've done including backstory or session zero, since presumably characters will only be allowed to spend xp to improve skills between adventures...doing it this way would have little or no mechanical effect other than bragging rights. or subtracting attribute from highest skill equals level, again, for little more than bragging rights or some sense of reference for challenge ratings in monster conversions.

ranger

https://ibb.co/6DgFY84

Edited by slipshot762

Okay, here is the Western Monk I threw together today.  I think it sufficiently different from an Eastern Monk to give it a unique feel.

Western Monk

Any race may be a monk

Begins at Novice Level of monk. Gains Will Power at 1D

May not wear black cassock (robe) at this level, but must dress simply and act within the beliefs and teachings of the monastery. Does not need to make any vows at Novice level, but may also be removed from the monastery if fails to uphold the beliefs and teachings of the monastery.  This level is generally considered the "monk in training". Gains ability of "Slow Poison" at this level.

Monks may not use any edged weapons, only Blunt weapons.  At Novice level they may only wear light armor (no metal armor)

At 30 banked Character Points spent towards level advancement, character becomes a "Robe Bearer".  Their Will Power is increased to 2D.  A Robe Bearer may only equip themselves with a staff.  No edged weapons and they generally shun other blunt weapons though they can use them if need be, they just never carry anything other than a staff.  A maximum of Leather Armor may be worn by a Robe Bearer, but only under their robes.  Robe Bearers earn the right to wear a black cassock (robe).  Robe Bearers must give 50% of all money they earn or find to their monastery, every month.  These are typically your "traveling monk" that you see about in the world.  They have the special ability of the Novice ("Slow Poison") as well as gaining the ability "Bless". Robe Bearers are typically given new names, as the black cassock is to signify they are "dead to the world and become anew".

They are also given klobuk (brimless metal hat) which gives them +1 protection against blunt and edged attacks made against them (actually provides overall protection even though it is only worn on head...the power of their Faith)

After 60 more Character Points are banked and spent, the monk advances to the level of "Cross Bearer". This increases your Will Power to 3D.  Cross Bearers are awarded a "Half Habit" and they must take their vows of poverty, obedience, and chastity.  From this point on the monk may not possess any money unless it is to take it to a nearby donation spot.  They may also not own any other items than what they are given by the monastery.  They gain all previous abilities and also gain the abilities of "Cure Serious Wounds" once a day and "Shillelagh".  They must remain good, pure, and poor, as well as obedient to the biddings of the monastery or the church, at all times.  If they fail to uphold their vows, they are forever cast from the Cross Bearers and become a permanent Robe Bearer, losing any of their Cross Bearer abilities.  Cross Bearers wear the black cassock, but then also wear the "half habit" that is affixed to them with a wooden cross that rests just above their heart.  The Half Habit carries the emblem of their monastery, and provides a basic +2 of armor resistance against all attack types. A Cross Bearer may not wear any other type of armor, and may only carry a staff.

If a character is still a Cross Bearer, and they spend 230 more Character Points from a collected bank, they may advance to the level of Great Schema. This increases you Will Power to 5D.  This is the highest achievement for a monk.  They must still follow all of the conditions of a Cross Bearer monk, but must also give up the life of venturing out and instead devote their time to teach and nurture other monks to become Cross Bearers.  They have all of the above special abilities, and also gain the abilities of "Resist Fire/Cold", "Heal" and "Scrying".  Schemamonks don't really travel, and rarely leave the monastery.  They are, however, quick to defend their monastery though.  If things are particularly dire, you may see a Great Schema venture out for a specific, highly important mission.  More than one Schemamonk venturing out is generally a sign the "end times" may be near, unless it is in defense of a monastery. 

A Great Schema gains a full Habit, a wide scapular that shows their devotion to their deity and their monastery.  It provides 1D+1 of armor resistance against all attack types. Schemamonks do not carry any weapons but may acquire a staff if a need arises for them to journey.  Another item the Great Schema gain is a Burning Censer.  The Censer gives them the ability of "Protection From Evil" while it burns and smoke is cast around.  The smoke protection will last for 3 hours. The Censer can be either attached to a chain to be swung around to widen the range of the protection to 15 meters.  Or it may be a stationary Censer which is placed on the ground or a table and makes the range of protection 5 meters.

Will Power is specific to Monks of the Western Variety.  Monks roll their Will Power when attempting to get their ability to work, usually uttered with a song-like prayer (think of the chanting monks you hear in old monasteries).  Monks may also use their Will Power as a secondary check if they fail a Willpower skill roll when checking against Fear.  If they succeed in the Will Power check against the same Fear number, they suffer no ill effects from fear.  Further abilities of the Will Power may yet be discovered.

nice, very detailed, simple/flexible approach with the magic, looks easy to inject into just about any game. i think your approach there with banked character points could serve as a basis for a character level system in itself if one really wanted to go for it, i'm not going to at this time though i'm happy so far i think with how things are coming along. heres druid/cleric and revised first page of magic rules.

https://ibb.co/2NMGY45
https://ibb.co/VxNP9Pm
https://ibb.co/k8VvHfk

revising starting skill dice downward for wiz/sor/rogue, revising magic section to cover rules such as spell resistance / casting time before expanding upon magicka (fate points)

Did you playtest for your revisions, or are you making them without testing them out?

Barring a playtest, what was your reasoning for needing the revise starting skill dice and magic?  

I mention this because it strikes me that, when I make D6 stats for things, I stick with what I make until I can either rationalize a strong reason to change the stats, or I have a revelation through playtest that shows I need to adjust the stats.  I think, to avoid continually messing with things to the point of potentially creating more problems, you should consider the reasons...and HAVE reasons, for changing something.

did not playtest, initial number was high because of d&d related folly i overlooked. rogue for example got a whole bunch of skill points in 3e, but in D6 we do not have the max skill ranks limitation, and having spent nothing in a skill is not as painful in D6 as it is in D&D, so I figured they could make do with 7D instead of 9D.

also, as above with revising magic thats going on but i'm also converting spells from phb in order, i've made it to bigbys hands spells i'll try to grab you a screenie, it seems to my eye they convert far easier than i at first thought they would given that there is so much miniature combat related stuff thats better cut out in D6, i mean you could emulate it fine sure but i think it would just slow you down for no real gain. 

https://ibb.co/ScG0LhF
https://ibb.co/1MPPJvz
https://ibb.co/4TmNMnw
https://ibb.co/gPzW30P
https://ibb.co/230n4Lr
https://ibb.co/YZ1mB0d
https://ibb.co/nBJxsRt
https://ibb.co/RYbsr5Q

Well it was all well taken, players are humbly aware that D6 can do d&d just fine now. No problems cropped up in either normal play or dorking around with combat scenarios. It did finally have the effect of making players take more keen interest in D6 as written at least. I've repackaged everything so far minus spells to be more easily usable by anyone adhering closely to D6 fantasy core rules, i'll be doing the same with spells and critters when i get back to work on it. Once you consider that it works just fine in D6 to give a monster new/different attributes/skills/abilities since it typically only matters for a brief encounter anyway, conversion from other material, not just D&D, works much easier than at first conceived. So long as the attributes have a healthy skill count it hardly matters what they are called, and skill count seems to be the reason coordination was split from agility rather than splitting physique into str/con.

https://ibb.co/sKQVJ5X
https://ibb.co/kBDkH3g
https://ibb.co/0q9gprF
https://ibb.co/RbXjXtr
https://ibb.co/YBhX4Bc
https://ibb.co/q1Z9jS2
https://ibb.co/DtrWqLq
https://ibb.co/YT0qKhb

Nice that it worked out for you!  I'm glad your players finally realized what D6 can do and doesn't require all of the restrictive aspects of what the D&D system is.  You can run a game that feels so much like D&D but works with the elegance of D6!