D6 Online 3.0

Where Do Armor Adds Come From

So, I'm not sure if Torg is the same as D6 but, It seems like they might come from the Object Toughness (Pg. 75 D6 Adventure) with a bit of creativity added in. Flimsy armour like Leather, Bone & Hide, and even Hard Leather (+1D+1) are all +1s which is in line with the toughness of 'Flimsy' (Plywood door) objects. Whereas harder armours like Chain and the like fall under Tough (hard wood, 'most guns').

I dunno, just throwing it out there. Good question!

There might have been some real-world research and number-crunching involved with the earlier armor writeups similar to what was done with weapons, as I recall when BTRC reversed-engineered numbers for Torg weapons and stuff they matched up fairly well with the real-world numbers used as the basis for their Guns!Guns!Guns! rules.

(At least in basic terms, Torg went on to create modifiers for armor-piercing and other special types of damage that were a bit simpler in terms of game mechanics and didn't quite match up with what 3G came up with.)