D6 Online 3.0
arcgaden

Next Issue...

So - we are sitting on a number of articles, adventures, et al., and have not yet compiled and published the next issue on purpose, because the page count is still REALLY low & we've been busy shipping Westward (well, really Brett's been busy shipping Westward and he's doing the layout for the next d6 Mag issue). Anybody (else) want to add anything more to the next d6 Magazine issue? There's still time before he gets back to it.

Let us know!

- J.

Man I would really like to throw something in it from Mighty Six, the Mini Six supers supplement I just released on Drivethru RPG. Would you folks consider something from that? Perhaps a sample, or an article about some of the new mechanics we've introduced?

If so, how would I get it to you, and what's your deadline?

Thresh

Thresh,

We would consider anything you have to offer!

The best way to get it to us by email (please use both addresses)

brettski (at) wickednorthgames.com

jelliot (at) wickednorthgames.com

- J.

I think its safe to say: 4 weeks. Let's aim for Feb 4th for preliminary materials, and Brett can provide feedback if more (if anything is needed).

He does all the layout using InDesign, so its best to send things over in word or some other easily consumable document format with annotations about artwork/illustrations inline so he can deal with them as he goes.

- J.

Descoto: No - there is no theme. I think it started out as some kind of science fiction or gothic, but there wasn't enough draw to it. So - we want to see anything for this coming issue.

I look forward to anything and everything anyone has to submit. Readership is great for the mag. While we offer it for free, its at pay what you want on DTRPG. We offer free advertising to anyone who wants to place an ad in there as well.

Additionally, I like to stay transparent about how much money we've made from the pay what you want model on DTRPG. Its not much - when I go and add it up, its less than $30 for all issues since the model was turned on. Really, it just gives some spare money to pay for the WNG domain for 2 months or so, and not much else. Mostly we did that in hopes of supplementing what we could with the shipping costs of books right now since Westward was considerably more expensive than the money we earned from our Kickstarter and shipping rose sharply over the last year.

Please send along any concerns, comments, and questions my way!

-J.

Man I would really like to throw something in it from Mighty Six, the Mini Six supers supplement I just released on Drivethru RPG. Would you folks consider something from that? Perhaps a sample, or an article about some of the new mechanics we've introduced?

If so, how would I get it to you, and what's your deadline?

Thresh

That sounds like an article I'd like to read! It's always good to see what's up and coming in D6.

I have more material I could supply but none of it is currently statted out. I keep meaning to add in those details (for Mini Six, since that's my D6 system of choice) but never seem to get around to it. If anyone would like a co-authorship by taking what I write and adding crunch for whatever flavor of D6 they prefer, please let me know.

That sounds like an article I'd like to read! It's always good to see what's up and coming in D6.

Hey Cheshire,

I'm working on an article on suggestions for the PowerSource mechanic in Mighty Six, for those "catch-all", nebulous kinds of powers that are hard to define in game mechanics. You know, stuff like "The Power Cosmic" and "Master of Time" and so on. As expected, people playing the game have found ways to use the rules that we hadn't quite thought of (but wish we had).

I've already submitted (and I think it's been accepted) a single session Mighty Six Adventure. I laughed my ass off running it with my group, I think it's a lot of fun. Hopefully others will too. It's illustrated (by me) and statted out with a battlemap and everything, so your heroes can kick some ass and cause lots of collateral damage. Angst, explosions and sporty moms in "Scratch-And-Kill: Convenience Store Crackdown"

Stay tuned Mighty Gamers!

If you don't mind me asking, how are the materials coming?

I'm willing to be really patient and everything, it's just that I paid an artist for the accompanying images on my adventure, and the licencing agreement only goes as far as their use in the mag. I'd just like to know it's going to see print so my money is not spent for naught.

Again, I'm not pushing anyone. I'm just looking for an honest evaluation of how the issue is going.

Hey Cheshire,

My understanding right now is the cover art is going into commission shortly. I've seen the emails going out to the illustrator for this purpose. I expect at that point, (once the cover is paid), we will see the magazine in short order because of the same situation between you and your illustrator.

I am pretty hands off this time around with the magazine, but I know Brett started layout last weekend in earnest, as I saw the files from indesign pop up and disappear from my dropbox a few times. I hope this gives you the information you want. Feel free to always ping me on gTalk if you have any questions. I am good ^AT harassing Brett, its fun.

- J.

Thanks for the update. I really appreciate it.

For some reason I hadn't seen you on in a while and figured I'd post in reply here. But don't worry, when our schedules meet up again I'll be bugging you and Brett. :)