D6 Online 3.0
Sign in to follow this  
jmiller9461

Azamar and Deadlyness

I just started a game of Azamar and have noticed that if I am reading the rules right there is typically a large amount of damage dealt compared to likely vitality rolls even using the template characters. Is there something I am missing alot of items are damage +24 or better before figuring addition of strength or will damage. I could use the help or a whole campaign gets walked on.

Hi!

Great question.

Soaking damage should work like this: soak = roll vitality + armor

total damage = damage - soak remaining

armor points = armor points - total damage, if this goes to zero the armor is destroyed, all remaining damage goes to hit points

remaining hit points = hit points - damage, if this goes to zero, the character dies

Damage is still pretty brutal, this is by design. You should become very familiar with ghosting and sneaking rules, if you're going to allow executions as well. These can get tricky fast, and players will definitely try this stuff as you get into it.

Magic is intentionally VERY powerful. Magic Weapons like a wand are correctly noted. Damage does indeed equal willpower + some number. This make magic users powerful right out of the gates, but they do take a while to ramp up more and more over time.