D6 Online 3.0
Sign in to follow this  
The Game Guy

So the Phillies are going to the world Series...

It was a great game but tonight the Phillies won and are going to the World Series for the first time in 13 years.

Hopefully they keep the momentum up and a Philadelphia team can win a major for the first time in a long time.

Well, looks like the Phils may get to face the Red Sox

Grrr. How could you do this Rays? Dont look to the Mets for how to use a bullpen ideas

I heard the Obama/McCain debate got more viewers than that game,

Not a Baseball fan, its sorta like the same niche covered by Cricket in the UK

Not my cup of tea

Hell, I was one of those folk who watched the debate, but still managed to switch over and catch the last 3 or so innings.

Cricket vs. Baseball?

Yeah, similar games, but I'd have to saw the two game feel very different and definately play to a very different demographic.

Hell, I was one of those folk who watched the debate, but still managed to switch over and catch the last 3 or so innings.

Cricket vs. Baseball?

Yeah, similar games, but I'd have to saw the two game feel very different and definately play to a very different demographic.

Well yeah, different country, different tastes,

There is little to no Baseball over here, (no body wants to watch it, so its only rarely shown (if ever) very late at night, like after 12pm,

But my point is, those too fit the same sort of niche in the two different cultures,

I thought it amusing, that while both games evolved from the same roots (rounders) they also seem to hold the same sort of placing in the pop culture of both countries,

Less than Football (Soccer) over here, and Football over there (why do you call it football?, you hardly ever get to kick it...more like Rugby, throw, run, tackle, kicks only to the goal etc)

Grrr

Well, Matt Garza is the Rays last remaining hope

And I sure hope the Phils are putting their off days to Very Good Use in case they play the Red Sox

Any game the Red Sox win is a game to many, I hope the Rays send them packing in ignominous defeat

I am torn between Rays and Phils as to who Id like more now if they play each other, since Troy Percival is off the playoff roster

The Phils definitely have game. They didnt rust to death like the Rockies or Detroit did

An article I read said Charlie Manuel actually has them take more batting practice as it gets later in the year, wonder if thats related

The Rays offense isnt quite firing on all cylinders either

Well despite the rain delay the Phillies won game 3 and so they are ahead 2 games to 1.

The game ended at 1:30 in the morning. I wonder if many people left because they were tired or if most of them stayed.

The Phils definitely have game. They didnt rust to death like the Rockies or Detroit did

An article I read said Charlie Manuel actually has them take more batting practice as it gets later in the year, wonder if thats related

The Rays offense isnt quite firing on all cylinders either

Well the entire week between when they got into the World Series and when they found out who they were playing they were out at practice every day. They didnt just take the week off. If they had that would have been really bad.

Game 4... What a freaking game. Rollins... on, Howard... on, Werth... on... Blanton, first career homer. He'd never even hit one in little league.

10 to 2 ...

Wonder in the Rays are starting to get nervous to be playing a do or die game 5 in Philly against the best pitcher in the league -- Hamels.

How sweet it is. :D