D6 Online 3.0
Sign in to follow this  
The Game Guy

What is the most long an drawn out movie you have seen?

My wife and I saw it, and neither one of us had read the books or were aware of the controversy when we saw it. Not that that would have detered us in the slightest way, because some factions are vehemently opposed to Harry Potter and we love Harry Potter. We don't let anyone else determine for us what is evil.

My wife said she actually liked the movie, but I thought it was lame. I was further disappointed because of the great actors and large special effects budget, but it was a waste of film. Maybe the books are better, but I won't ever find out. I was also surprised to hear talk of sequels.

And skel, I think it's funny that you and people in your community get a refund if you don't like a movie. It's not like that in Ohio. From a business perspective, the idea of that seems absurd to me. Here, watching a movie is like the lottery - it may be a winner or a loser, but either way, you don't get your ticket price back. Spending money on a movie is taking a chance on whether you will like it or not - there is no way to know for sure until you watch it.

Now if there was some technical problem with the presentation and that caused you to miss part of the movie, I can understand maybe asking for a refund for that. I'm a big movie buff and that has only ever happened to me twice, once in 86 and once in 97 (very minor). I didn't bother asking for refunds, but I did voice a complaint in 86 because the screen went black during the dramatic ending of the movie. And I also complained to the management about the mothers that just had to bring their noisy babies to Spider-Man. What selfish inconsiderate idiots! But even then I didn't ask for a refund. Maybe I should of.

But a refund for simply not liking a movie when you had no way of knowing that until after you already agreed to spend money on it? Maybe you do live in another cosm. :cool:

My wife and I saw it, and neither one of us had read the books or were aware of the controversy when we saw it. Not that that would have detered us in the slightest way, because some factions are vehemently opposed to Harry Potter and we love Harry Potter. We don't let anyone else determine for us what is evil.

i like Harry potter as well so I was probably the best one to ask to do the task.

I actually would go and see it and give a very balanced report.

I also used to defend AD&D back in the day.

Every time I would pitch the game to a "Concerned Christian", they'd look at me funny and suddenly uncomfortably demur that it didn't really sound as bad as they had heard.

So I went in with trepidation, wondering what I would see and how I could express it in a way that wouldn't be "loaded" so to speak.

My wife said she actually liked the movie, but I thought it was lame. I was further disappointed because of the great actors and large special effects budget, but it was a waste of film. Maybe the books are better, but I won't ever find out. I was also surprised to hear talk of sequels.

Sounds like you and I are pretty much in agreement on the film.

I did get a cheap $1 copy of the collected trilogy and will read it to see what its like as well yet.

And skel, I think it's funny that you and people in your community get a refund if you don't like a movie. It's not like that in Ohio. From a business perspective, the idea of that seems absurd to me. Here, watching a movie is like the lottery - it may be a winner or a loser, but either way, you don't get your ticket price back. Spending money on a movie is taking a chance on whether you will like it or not - there is no way to know for sure until you watch it.

Now if there was some technical problem with the presentation and that caused you to miss part of the movie, I can understand maybe asking for a refund for that. I'm a big movie buff and that has only ever happened to me twice, once in 86 and once in 97 (very minor). I didn't bother asking for refunds, but I did voice a complaint in 86 because the screen went black during the dramatic ending of the movie. And I also complained to the management about the mothers that just had to bring their noisy babies to Spider-Man. What selfish inconsiderate idiots! But even then I didn't ask for a refund. Maybe I should of.

But a refund for simply not liking a movie when you had no way of knowing that until after you already agreed to spend money on it? Maybe you do live in another cosm. :cool:

In Rochester it is still deemed good business practice to keep customers happy.

So if a person comes charging back out before the halfway mark demanding a refund, they actually get a refund.

Easier than getting someone with a vendetta and a whole lot of friends to pull a boycott, which did happen up here in the 1970s.

After 3 months of empty seats, they made a big show of presenting rules for receiving refunds -- right ahead of a city ordinance making it illegal not to.

It happens rarely but when it really becomes an issue -- suffice to say, they also get rid of those films damn quick.

Easy.

The Postman, with Kevin Costner.

The only movie that, while it played on TV, I stood up, walked to the kitchen and actually cleaned the dishes.