D6 Online 3.0
Sign in to follow this  
pathfinderap

IC: Running Nadia Bastra

Nadia moves to find someone, finally finding the pilot. Looking quizzically at Kellan. "Are we going to be here long? I don't want to be stuck on this ship the entire time if we're not going anywhere."

Kellan looks at Nadia "We aren't going to be here any longer then we need to be. My goal is to get this ship fixed and get going" she pauses for a moment "And I don't advise leaving the ship. Not here at least. This isn't the, um nicest place"

"Where are the Captain and Nex going?"

"That's up to you guys... Well, guy and gals"

"So, next question. What do we got that we can use to pay for this new part?"

"That's up to you guys... Well, guy and gals"

"So, next question. What do we got that we can use to pay for this new part?"

((Do we know how much the part is going to cost?)

((Do we know how much the part is going to cost?)

(not until you get there and ask, in a place like this its not uncommon for them to try and rip you off, more so if they know you really need it, you can always try bargaining, and I'll take it due to your work you carry most of your money around on ship)

Nadia is still not dissuaded. When the cost of the new part is mentioned, she says, "I'm sure I could arrange for some money to be forwarded, but I would have to actually be there and see what I'm getting my boss to spend money on. You DO remember who's paying for this trip, don't you?"

(not until you get there and ask, in a place like this its not uncommon for them to try and rip you off, more so if they know you really need it, you can always try bargaining, and I'll take it due to your work you carry most of your money around on ship)

Kellan looks at Kev "Exactly what is this part that needs to be replaced anyhow?"

Kellan looks at Kev "Exactly what is this part that needs to be replaced anyhow?"

"It's the Polarizing Charger Head, KL22 model. Doesn't matter if we find a different model as long as it's a KL, I can tweak it to work for us."

Kev glances at Nadia for her offer to pay, "Sorry sister, you're not spending a single credit in this port. Anybody who's anybody would be watching your accounts for transfers. You buy a lollipop and you'll light us up like grandpa Wookiee's Life Day cake."

Nex interjects, "In a place as 'nice' as this, I bet I could easily drum up some slicing or forger..." he looks at Nadia and pauses, then continues, "...computer programming business, if we really need some extra creds. But how much may depend on how much time we have here."

"Obviously you forget what I do, mister," says Nadia. "The one that can trace what I can do is someone that Mr. Sarkin would already have on his payroll. But hey, if you don't need help, by all means, try things your way. I've seen where that's got us so far."

She folds her arms across her body, somewhat sticking her nose up in the air.

Kev smirks, "You're cute when you're huffy."

He turns to Nex, "Hopefully, we won't be around here that long. If I can finagle the right deal with the right customer, we should be outta here before the end of the day."

[Value Roll to estimate cost of part: 15]

(its an important part, not easy to build or repair, new its worth a few thousand Credits, second hand, here, maybe more... but worlds on the rim tend to have alittle more leeway to barter, finding a usable part should be easy, getting your hands on it if they know you need it, not so easy, but you are never going to know one way or other untill you get out there and find out)

"Well, I guess if it's all right with the Captain, then you can come along with us, Nadia. Kev, get your stuff together. Looks like we're going on a scavenger hunt."

Thannis gets out of his seat and slips passed Nadia. He gets to his bunk and grabs his few essentials (blaster, commlink, datapad) and returns to the bridge.

"Well, I guess if it's all right with the Captain, then you can come along with us, Nadia. Kev, get your stuff together. Looks like we're going on a scavenger hunt."

Thannis gets out of his seat and slips passed Nadia. He gets to his bunk and grabs his few essentials (blaster, commlink, datapad) and returns to the bridge.

Kallan interjects "I am not sure if it would be safe out there for her. We really need someone here to guard her while we get the part. It should be a quick in and out affair".

Nadia frowns. "I don't want to be cooped up on this ship while we're just sitting here! Even if I don't get to go out and help with the finding the part, I'm going to get off of this ship while we're sitting here doing nothing! I'll be bored to tears if I have to sit here for hours doing nothing."

Her voice has gone from one of demanding to more of pleading.

"Sounds like she means it, Captain."

Thannis chuckles

"Whether she's coming with us or not, we need to get moving and find that part. Come on, Kev"

Thannis wraps his coat tighter and pulls the hood up over his bald, blue head as he heads out of the cockpit towards the loading ramp.

Kev looks at Nadia and gives her a shrug and raised eyebrows as he passes her by to grab the grav sled. As he enters the storage bay, he scans the bins for any excess spare parts he could use to barter with in case they don't have enough credits for the parts. He focuses on the high-end parts that would fetch the most creds.

[Value roll = 16]

(OOC-Focusing on parts we have multiples of.)

[Value roll = 16]

(OOC-Focusing on parts we have multiples of.)

(Most of the spares are the standard back up supplies carried by most YT-1300 freighters, but you do have a few spare parts for the Nav Computer that could be used for barter, but you should have enough credits on board)

"Sounds like she means it, Captain."

Thannis chuckles

"Whether she's coming with us or not, we need to get moving and find that part. Come on, Kev"

Thannis wraps his coat tighter and pulls the hood up over his bald, blue head as he heads out of the cockpit towards the loading ramp.

Kellan gives up "Ok, she is coming with us but Thannis you and Kev keep an eye out, just in case there is trouble"

Kev grabs a few of the more expensive spare parts and loads them on the grav sled and heads for the loading ramp.

Seeing Thannis waiting he says, "Ready to go. I just had to grab a few of our excess spare parts in case we don't have enough creds for the charger."

"Hopefully we won't need them and no letting them out of your grip. Turn your back for even a second and they'll probably vanish."

(Is Nadia with us? and who all is going?)

(So, Thannis, Nex, Kev and Nadia are all heading out of the port to find the hyperdrive part they need, correct?)

((Well Kellan is too. I think someone needs to stay back and watch the ship to make sure nothing happens to it))

Sign in to follow this