D6 Online 3.0
Sign in to follow this  
pathfinderap

IC: Running Nadia Bastra

Still tinkering with the hyperdrive, hoping it doesn't short out before we get anywhere, Kev calls up to the cockpit.

"Found anything yet?"

"What's it called?"

[Planetary Systems 17, if they tell me the name.]

Kev's heard of this place, not good, even by criminal standards, you don't want to lotter there too long,

Kellan shakes her head. She hits the com button "I haven't heard good things about this place so lets get our repairs done so we can get out of here fast. We don't want to be here very long or there will be trouble and not the kind of trouble I want".

(Just say when you want to pull back on the levers and fall out of hyperspace)

Just as Kellan finishes her sentence does she pull back on the levers and falls out of hyperspace, close to the planet they are going to pitstop at.

As the hyperdrive begins winding down and Kev hears the name of the port, he shivers.

"Oh, do I have a bad feeling about this."

"Gwolonk tweep."

"You said it Elex."

As the Rampant Runner closes in on the green tinted moon orbiting the large orange gas gaint the Comms kicks in and port control gives you clearance to land,

The YT - 1300 swoops low across the small city, and lands slowly in bay 7 at the old battered starport,

Within seconds of touchdown the safety control subsystem on the Hyperdrive goes off with an alarm,

Outside, the Rampant Runner has started venting coolant and other gases,

(the Hyperdrive is out)

Through the mist of swirling gas Kellan can see the port warden standing at the bays hatchway, he doesn't look too please...

Kev sighs, "You're right, it's not. Well, at least she got us here. Whether that's good or bad is anyone's opinion. In mine, it's not so good."

Kev begins a thorough check of the hyperdrive to see what parts aren't available in his spare bin that will be needed to get her up and running again, marking them down in his datapad as he goes. Once he's finished, he'll report to the Captain.

[Hyperdrive parts check, :eek: 47! 2 6s on the Wild Die!]

As the Rampant Runner closes in on the green tinted moon orbiting the large orange gas gaint the Comms kicks in and port control gives you clearance to land,

The YT - 1300 swoops low across the small city, and lands slowly in bay 7 at the old battered starport,

Within seconds of touchdown the safety control subsystem on the Hyperdrive goes off with an alarm,

Outside, the Rampant Runner has started venting coolant and other gases,

(the Hyperdrive is out)

Through the mist of swirling gas Kellan can see the port warden standing at the bays hatchway, he doesn't look too please...

Kellan ignores the port warden right now. She has more important things to do, such as get the ship fixed and get off the rock.

She checks with Thannis "How are things looking?"

Nadia moves to find someone, finally finding the pilot. Looking quizzically at Kellan. "Are we going to be here long? I don't want to be stuck on this ship the entire time if we're not going anywhere."

[Hyperdrive parts check, :eek: 47! 2 6s on the Wild Die!]

Kev knows exactly whats happened to the Engine, What parts have been wrecked and need replacing, (three parts have blown, but you can replace two of them) Kev also knows what other models of the part needed that could be substituted if that part can't be found, (that expands the chances of tracked down a usable part massively)

You just need to get hold of a Polarizing Charger Head in the LK22 range, but Kev could custom modify any LK model to work,

(this part is very large and heavy)

Kev steps onto the bridge as Nadia finishes her question.

"Shouldn't take too long ma'am. I should be able to scrounge up the part I need to fix this bucket pretty quickly. Of course, it is a big unit. And it's heavy. I'll need to take a grav sled and I'll probably need Thannis here to help me load it up. In all, we're looking at half a day at least."

As Elex rolls up behind them, Kev turns and says, "Get to work on those transpacitors, shouldn't be more than two or three that blew out when we touched down. I'll pick up a few more to replace the spares if I see them anywhere. I'll help you with replacing those fulstar plates when I get back with the charger."

"Gellomp plueet?"

"Yeah, I'll get rid of the mynocks too."

Kev glances at Nadia with an exasperated look before turning to the Captain.

"Anything else you want me to be on the lookout for boss? Corellian brandy? Lipana berries? Gundark steaks?"

Nadia looks at Kev. "You're going out? I'm coming with you! I don't want to be stuck in here for another half a day with nothing to do. Just let me grab my pack real quick."

She moves to grab her satchel with her various "items" in it, then returns with a smile. "Ready!"

Kev blinks as he looks at the captain and then looks back at Nadia, "Uh, I don't think you understand what kind of place this is. We're supposed to keep you safe until we get back to Yana Sartori. We can't have you traipsing around in a place like this. You'd stand out like a fused motivator."

Nadia looked a bit defiant, something strange for such a slight, young, perky girl. "I'm going to go. I'm not going to sit around on this doing nothing. Don't worry."

"Might be better if you stick with the Captain and Nex. We're not going out sight-seeing, but just find the parts and hustle back here."

Thannis glances back at his boards before shutting things down.

"Might be better if you stick with the Captain and Nex. We're not going out sight-seeing, but just find the parts and hustle back here."

Thannis glances back at his boards before shutting things down.

"Where are the Captain and Nex going?"

Sign in to follow this