Jump to content
D6 Online 3.0
Sign in to follow this  
pathfinderap

IC: Running Nadia Bastra

Recommended Posts

Kev unstraps from the turret and hangs his headset on one of the grips. As he slides down the ladder he yells down to Nex.

 

"Good shootin' Nex! If you hadn't ionized their shields and controls, we might'a been space dust."

 

He heads to the engineering station and begins a full systems diagnostic to see how much damage the Runner took during the fray.

 

[Starship systems check: 32]

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Kev does the normal full systems diagnostic, and there is an odd fluctuation in one of the hyperdrive readings, what most people would just put down to a minor flux in the system (not too uncommon in an old ship) Kev knows it is something alittle more serious, that first lucky shot the Ghtroc fired while the sheilds were down must have done more damage than first thought,

 

You can see three choices

 

1) You could push the hyperdrive engine to reach Yana Sartori, but there is a very small chance it could explode, (but not likely, as the safety cut out would kick in and you'd just drop back to normal space, but the drive would be fried)

 

2) You could drop out of hyperspace to make repairs, but there is a very high chance it would not start up again if you don't have the right part (a part you are not sure is the problem)

 

3) You could choose to try and drop out of hyperspace early, short of your final destination, and try and limp in to a system on route that could have a port, any port, (Nav roll for options)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Kev hits the intercom and calls out to the captain.

 

"Hey Cap, we got a little problem. Seems our friends back there did a little damage to the hyperdrive. Now, we could leave it be and try to make it to Yana Sartori but we might go nova in the process. Another option is to drop out of hyper and let me tinker with it. I think it might be as simple as a fried flux coupler, but the drive has to be down for me to touch that. If it ain't that, then we might not get'er back up and running. Yet another option would be to try to push it as far as we can to Yana Sartori, drop out in a system nearby and make some repairs at an actual starport. I favor number three, cause I ain't for sure it's just a flux coupler, but it's your call Cap."

 

Elex wheels over to the engineering panel and jacks into a socket.

 

"Brrrreeeep, bluuuurrrg."

 

"Whadaya mean let me see? I just did a full diagnostic. The ship doesn't really know what's wrong."

 

"Ploooiip mwaaan mwaaan vlooriip."

 

"Fine you overgrown mouse droid, if you think you can figure it out then by all means go ahead."

 

Kev props up on the bulkhead, arms crossed over his chest while glaring at the obnoxious bucket of spare parts.

 

[Elex's diagnostic check: 10]

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Kev hits the intercom and calls out to the captain.

 

"Hey Cap, we got a little problem. Seems our friends back there did a little damage to the hyperdrive. Now, we could leave it be and try to make it to Yana Sartori but we might go nova in the process. Another option is to drop out of hyper and let me tinker with it. I think it might be as simple as a fried flux coupler, but the drive has to be down for me to touch that. If it ain't that, then we might not get'er back up and running. Yet another option would be to try to push it as far as we can to Yana Sartori, drop out in a system nearby and make some repairs at an actual starport. I favor number three, cause I ain't for sure it's just a flux coupler, but it's your call Cap."

 

Kellan pauses for a moment, trying to figure out the best course of action "Well going Nova wouldn't be a good idea. What's the best course of action that minimizes the danger to both the crew, the passenger and the ship?"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Kellan pauses for a moment, trying to figure out the best course of action "Well going Nova wouldn't be a good idea. What's the best course of action that minimizes the danger to both the crew, the passenger and the ship?"

 

"It would seem our best option would be to try for a starport in a system nearby Yana Santori"

 

Thannis starts flipping through the Nav computer looking for options.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

After Elex's comment about mynocks, "Your dome's full of mynocks you overrated hydrospanner."

 

"It would seem our best option would be to try for a starport in a system nearby Yana Santori"

 

"Yeah, that. Unless there's a habitable system close to our current location that has a starport, I wouldn't want to drop out of hyper just yet. I mean, I'm good and all, but I don't like takin' chances."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
"Yeah, that. Unless there's a habitable system close to our current location that has a starport, I wouldn't want to drop out of hyper just yet. I mean, I'm good and all, but I don't like takin' chances."

 

"We are looking for a starport right now," Kellan begins "I don't want the ship to go Nova, that would really ruin my day".

 

Waiting to see if Thannis finds a starport (would that be an astrogation roll?)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
(would that be an astrogation roll?)

 

(Yes, just a 10 to scope out your options, but you will need a massive 25 to pull off a mid course change and drop near enough to a chosen star system, you may want to spend CP's on this ;))

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
(Yes, just a 10 to scope out your options, but you will need a massive 25 to pull off a mid course change and drop near enough to a chosen star system, you may want to spend CP's on this ;))

 

I don't have my book with me. Remind me how to spend CP's again (sorry)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Never mind- I found out:

 

5x(D6+0): 6 5 2 3 6

 

So I roll a 22 and I want to blow two CP's

 

(So whats is your final score?, remember you only need a 10 to find the systems you can reach, but 25 to pull off falling out of Hyperspace in the right way to make it happen)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

[so he needs to make 2 rolls, and he only needs 10 on the first one? (If so Mike then you made the 10 with your 22).

 

And also, just to clarifiy in general, can't you spend CPs one at a time? Meaning you could say your gonna augment your roll with one CP, roll it, and after getting your new total, then you can decide if you want to spend the second CP or not?]

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
So he needs to make 2 rolls, and he only needs 10 on the first one? (If so Mike then you made the 10 with your 22).

 

And also, just to clarifiy in general, can't you spend CPs one at a time? Meaning you could say your gonna augment your roll with one CP, roll it, and after getting your new total, then you can decide if you want to spend the second CP or not?

 

(You can for this game,)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
(So whats is your final score?, remember you only need a 10 to find the systems you can reach, but 25 to pull off falling out of Hyperspace in the right way to make it happen)

 

I want to be able to pull off falling out of Hyperspace the right way.

 

My original roll was:

 

5x(D6+0): 6 5 2 3 6

 

So I roll a 22

 

I blow two CP's and roll 2 additional D6's and I get:

 

2x(D6+0): 4 3 For an additional 7

 

So a total of 29. That should do it

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Kellan can see three star systems within reach, the easiest of the three to reach being Koradou, in the Calle system, Kellan knows she can make the controlled drop from hyperspace close enough to get there on sublight drives within a short time, (Kellan's high skill did better than she needed and managed to shave of a whole day of travel time,)

 

(Unless anyone wants to do anything else, you can fall out of hyperspace when you want)

 

(btw GG don't forget your brackets)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Kellan can see three star systems within reach, the easiest of the three to reach being Koradou, in the Calle system, Kellan knows she can make the controlled drop from hyperspace close enough to get there on sublight drives within a short time, (Kellan's high skill did better than she needed and managed to shave of a whole day of travel time,)

 

(Unless anyone wants to do anything else, you can fall out of hyperspace when you want)

 

(btw GG don't forget your brackets)

 

(I want to fall out of hyperspace right where I need to be. And sorry about the brackets. I won't forget the brackets next time if you don't forget my character is a she and not a he ;) )

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
(Does anyone want to make a Planetary Systems Roll, to see what sort of place you'll be landing in?...or is it any port in a storm, and you don't need to know?)

 

[i rolled a 5 (the two 1's not on the wild die). So I doubt I remember that much. Anyone else what to try to remember more that that? :)]

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[i rolled a 5 (the two 1's not on the wild die). So I doubt I remember that much. Anyone else what to try to remember more that that? :)]

 

Nex is alittle vague on the matter, but the name of the planet rings a bell,

A nice place if you recall,

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[Got a 22 on my Planetary Systems roll (2 6s and a 1 on Wild)]

 

Koradou, a moon orbiting the third gas gaint in the Calle system, the moon was once a mining colony, but the crystals are now long mined out, the only people who vist are scum bags and people who don't want to be found, the people who live there are worse, much worse, and even though crime is out of control neither the empire or the hutts have found it worth while to patrol or exploit, the moon is controlled by a petty crime boss family, there is a very good chance you could find the part you need here due to the small but constant traffic (mostly of the illegal type)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
(Does anyone want to make a Planetary Systems Roll, to see what sort of place you'll be landing in?...or is it any port in a storm, and you don't need to know?)

 

((I do- 3d6+1)

 

((I am going to roll- I get an 11- 5+3+2+1))

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
(Nex is alittle vague on the matter, but the name of the planet rings a bell, A nice place if you recall,)

 

(Koradou...the only people who vist are scum bags and people who don't want to be found, the people who live there are worse, much worse, and even though crime is out of control neither the empire or the hutts have found it worth while to patrol or exploit, the moon is controlled by a petty crime boss family, there is a very good chance you could find the part you need here due to the small but constant traffic (mostly of the illegal type))

 

Nex says, "Sounds like a nice place, Thannis."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...