D6 Online 3.0
Sign in to follow this  
pathfinderap

IC: Running Nadia Bastra

As the crew of the Rampant Runner you have been working on and off for the Yana Sartori corperation for awhile now, (when not taking part in the "odd" freelancing...er job) and have slowly built up a reputation for getting the job done, no questions asked, the head of the corperation, Jalek Sarkin a trusted friend that has more than once covered your rear with a most needed alabi, asks you to run another mission, to pick up and deliver a VIP , Nadia Bastra, a genius computer technician, in the past there have been attempts to kidnap her (she is worth a lot, at ransom and for the infomation she holds)

Your job is simple, go to the Karith Rahn system, meet her at the safe point,

and bring her back to Yana Sartori, without drawing any attention,

You head out to the system, land on Rahn, find the little lady,

(Human, Dark long hair, late teens early 20s, Geeky, naive but cute)

Get her on to the ship with ALL her luggage, Take off, making good time,

And as soon as you reach space you start punching in the needed Nav data in to the ships system

Easy mission, right?, well....

As you move the YT -1300 around for the jump point suddenly from out of the sensor shadow of a nearby moon running at full speed comes a Ghtroc freighter, Guns blazing away, no warning! you are under attack!

The Rampant Runner shudders as its hit by a lucky long ranged shot,

(your sheilds are down, but you being pros are already at your stations)

"Where the hell did he come from? Kellan exclaims from the pilot's seat

"Whoever he is he isn't friendly.

She clicks a few buttons and raises the shield "Thannis, I need you to man the cannon. Whoever he is he wants what we have very badly".

Thannis blinks at Kellan for a moment and then jumps out of his chair.

"Aye, Captain"

He heads aft towards the turrent with the ion cannons.

Kev finishes buckling into the quad turret and straps on his comm headset as he flicks on the targeting computer.

"What the? Where'd she come from Cap?"

Swinging the turret around, he tries to get a lock on the incoming freighter. Once sighted, he squeezes off a volley.

(OOC: Attack Roll = 20; WD = 1)

Thannis pauses on the ladder to the turret, then grabs his commlink..

sigh, why didn't I think of this before

"Hey, Nex, Cap needs you on the ion guns"

He turns and rushes back up to the cockpit, dropping back into the right-hand seat and brings the sensors fully up and focuses them on the target.

[Rolling Starship sensors in Focus Mode total of 44 with a 6 on the Wild Die

"I'm way ahead of ya, pal."

Nex brings up the ion targeting system and also aims for the freighter...

*grumble, grumble, grumble* "Now I have to recompute our entry vector to hyperspace"

Begins working on a new hyperspace solution for a short jump out of the system with a second jump to take the ship to its destination.

"Think we should try and talk to whomever is doing all this blasting, Captain?"

[Rolling Astrogation to plot the first jump total of 24]

*grumble, grumble, grumble* "Now I have to recompute our entry vector to hyperspace"

Begins working on a new hyperspace solution for a short jump out of the system with a second jump to take the ship to its destination.

"Think we should try and talk to whomever is doing all this blasting, Captain?"

Kellan Nods "Good Idea, see if you can hail them and see what all of the fuss is about"

Kev Fires on the attacking Ghtroc freighter but just barely manages to miss,

the Ghtroc undaunted is still flying at full speed on a intercept course, guns blazing (and so far also missing)

Comms are out, they are jamming you

(so easy to see you don't need to roll for this)

I rolled a 31 (and without a 6 on the wild die) !

IF I hit, that would be 4D Ion damage

(You should have just amended you last post, btw frame it with some sort of bracket ;))

The burst of rapid ion fire crosses the Bow of the Ghtroc freighter then lands on its hull, you see the energy play cross its outer skin as the ion shots hit,

(Ghtroc Sheilds are knocked out)

"Great shot Nex! Let's see if that slows 'em down!"

Kev sights in on the freighter, just in case, and will fire if necessary.

(Kev's possible second attack: Total = 21)

"Captain, I've got a new course plotted and ready. Comms are jammed, so guess they really don't want to talk to us or us to anyone else."

"Captain, I've got a new course plotted and ready. Comms are jammed, so guess they really don't want to talk to us or us to anyone else."

Kellan nods "ok, I think it's best that we get out of here. There may be more of them hidding and we have cargo that needs to get somewhere safe."

Kev returns fire on the approaching hostile vessel,

Blaster cannons blaze away hitting the enemy ship, tearing away a part of its now defenceless hull near its engines,

The ship seems to loose some of its speed, but continues to push the attack,

[Did I pick up anything about the attacking ship with that 44 that I rolled with my Sensors skill?]

(I wasn't here when you updated, and missed that edit)

Thannis looks through the jamming static, and can make out two more freighters moving in on an intercept, they are at long range but are placed in such a way as too block any attempt to escape,

They are closing

(No big. I edited both my sensors comment and astrogation post at the same time, heheh.)

Thannis grumbles quietly to himself.

"Captain, I'm picking up two more freighters moving to intercept."

(I'm assuming that we have one freighter chasing us and the two new ones are out in front of us)

He quickly moves to shift the shields to balance them between the two different arcs the freighters are now vectoring from.

[41 on Starship shields with two 6's on the Wild Die]

Over the intercomm "Umm, guys, we got two more targets at long range, but closing for intercept".

With the shields rebalanced, he moves to try and gather data on the two new targets.

[sensors are in Search mode with a result of 39 and 6 on the Wild Die]

(I'm assuming that we have one freighter chasing us and the two new ones are out in front of us)

(Yes, correct, at long range)

[41 on Starship shields with two 6's on the Wild Die]

[sensors are in Search mode with a result of 39 and 6 on the Wild Die]

(thats two actions in the same turn, did you subtract 1D from both rolls?)

Thannis can tell the ships don't think you have seen them yet,

no doubt relying on the fact you are being jammed and not being able to cut through it, so they think,

but due to your skill, their mistake,

You see both ships trying to sneak in slowly one at 45 degrees port, 2 oclock high, the other 45 degrees starboard 8 oclock low,

it seems the attacking Ghtroc is trying to herd you in towards the other two ships,

(thats two actions in the same turn, did you subtract 1D from both rolls?)

(Sorry, no I didn't. Should I break actions up that take time into separate posts?)

Thannis can tell the ships don't think you have seen them yet, no doubt relying on the fact you are being jammed and not being able to cut through it, so they think,but due to your skill, their mistake,

You see both ships trying to sneak in slowly one at 45 degrees port, 2 o'clock high, the other 45 degrees starboard 8 o'clock low,

it seems the attacking Ghtroc is trying to herd you in towards the other two ships,

(I'm assuming you mean 2 o'clock and 10 o'clock, as 8 would be behind me on my left, heheh)

"Looks like we're being pushed like a lamb to the slaughter"

Nex says over the ship intercom, "Captain, let's get out of here!" as he fires the ion cannon once on the original freighter again.

[Rolled a 22]

"I don't see 'em yet!"

Kev fires another volley at the Ghtroc hoping to disable it at the very least, destroy it at best.

[Ye gods! Me dice hates me! 24]

Kev's blaster fire tears up a large chunk of the ships hull, debris flys away from the vessel and the ship starts to twist as the lights flicker, Nex adds to the carnage with his Ion Cannons hitting the Ghtroc again and again, and the engine cuts out, and the lights go out, the ship drifts dead in space,

Kev turns to visual scanning to find the other incoming ships.

"Still don't see 'em boss. Are we gettin' outta here or what?"

Sign in to follow this