D6 Online 3.0
Sign in to follow this  
Nero Grimes

[Mini Six] D6 Dawn of the Dead

Simple.

Use the four attributes from Mini Six.

Pick a few skills that fit with the setting.

Come up with a couple of ideas for characters.

Play!

Simple.

Use the four attributes from Mini Six.

Pick a few skills that fit with the setting.

Come up with a couple of ideas for characters.

Play!

I have made up most of the leads actors from the DotD remake. I'm going for Joe Average level character using the default skills listed on the character sheet.

I do want to make any sort of combat training cost a dice in an Unusual Background perk.

That and I'm still mulling over a Shock mechanic, much like the Sanity mechanic in CoC, just more temporary. Probably using a variation of the wound table.

Couple of thoughs.

Should zombies be harder to to hit than the one listed in Mini Six?

Even systemic damage only slows the down. The only thing that puts them down is a head shot.

Looting GURPSlite for Perks. How much should Toughness add to Soak and save rolls?

Does Toughness apply to Courage or is that more like Fortitude? Is that the best thing to roll against Shock?

I have to say, after running the zombie game for Mini Six, I thought they statted the zombies pretty well. It was one of those things where the zombie could be hacked up but still keep coming. Or you could stagger them, but unless you put a bullet in the head (a la Night of the Living Dead Pt 2..I think it was) you weren't going to be dropping the flesh-eater.

And rounds.....20 of zombie killing qualifies. :)

A bunch of gamers I haven't seen in awhile have cycled through Open Game Night, Highway from Hell might be on again. I've been running the setting with others systems, off and on, as a change up to a dungeon crawl.

I'm reminded of the line from Rising Sun: "Stand on the river bank long enough and you will see the body of your enemy float by."

and

the old adage "Don't get it write - get it written."

Back from the dead. or undead. With Marty and Quinn away for the summer, the group has been playing three handed games. We dropped Sketch in favor of Risus and 5X5. mostly dungeon crawls and supernatural pulp.

In honor of Fear the Walking Dead, we've gone from Highway from Hell to the urban setting Hot Child in the City. I'm happy to say that Mini Six is the mechanic of choice. Crunchy combat is a fan favorite.

The hastily assemble encounter tables need reworking - outside of that - only a few major questions remain unanswered.

They didn't like that it was 'learn as you go' for combat skill, and PCs were on a slower learning curve about the undead.

The tyranny of zombie mathematics is best summed up by Spike in Fool for Love.

SPIKE

And we just keep coming. Like a

wave of roaches, and here you are

doing a minute waltz, trying to stomp

us all. But you can kill a hundred.

A thousand. A thousand thousand

and the armies of Hell besides. But

all we need...

SPIKE

...Is for one of us, just one,

sooner or later, to have the

thing we all are hoping for.

BUFFY

And that would be what?

SPIKE

(whisper)

One. Good. Day

Joe Average Zombie Fighter?

Stats for an average guy who now has to fight the undead.

Maybe not spend all the points at creation, so each encounter will be part of the learning curve.